Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
I want to see what others think about this

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

><))'>
  <'((><
View Results

GenevieveGautierII

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:55 am
Quote:
Mathew 4: 5-6

5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,

6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

Satan knows and can quote scripture by heart.. I had never considered this before reading over it again just the other day. Why? Simply as ammunition to use against Jesus? Knowing that he stands on the Word? I find it odd that Satan would know scripture by heart. Thoughts?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:52 pm
It doesn't surprise me that he would know Scripture by heart & that he would attempt to use it against Jesus. I dare say Satan even knows the future, but he uses his divine qualities to bring down the human race as much as possible before God ends his reign over our present time. After all, he was an angel before he was a devil.  

Lady Vizsla

GenevieveGautierII

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:30 pm
Lady Aryel
It doesn't surprise me that he would know Scripture by heart & that he would attempt to use it against Jesus. I dare say Satan even knows the future, but he uses his divine qualities to bring down the human race as much as possible before God ends his reign over our present time. After all, he was an angel before he was a devil.

I thought about the being an angel part, but...! He was cast out before the gospel was written by divinely inspired pens. He could only learn scripture through study then, right?  
The Bible

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games