Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:41 pm
[ note: backdated prior to cyno's maiden flight ]

The blue had grown antsy as of late. Part of it he was sure were the hormones that, even a few months after they had begun, could spike and mix unpredictably. The other part were his siblings' reactions to it. Yes, he was now quite aware of how attractive other dragons could be when they liked, and yes, he did know exactly now how a greenflight could affect individuals, but that hardly mattered to him. Not when his family was in a bit of turbulence.

Ever since green Neiveth's flight, Sophrosunth had noted the disturbances riled up. And while he felt himself bold to be approaching anyone at all about a rpboelm that wasn't specifically his, someone needed to. For goodness sake, communication was key! Fela hammered this home to so many human younglings (and some oldlings, even), and yet his clutch could manage to mangle even simple conversations between one another. It wasn't their fault, of course--this being a confusing time for any young dragon--but it wasn't going to stand so long as he was there.

Thus, Sophrosunth decided to start with one of the...possibly harder brothers to discuss this with. Wouldn't FelaHis be so pleased...Sigh...

Aresoth? the blue called from his ledge, lengthy claws curling over the edge. Ah, might I have a word?

BastetAmun

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:54 pm
Laying upon his own ledge, Aresoth was content to sun himself most of the day. With the rest day it allowed the bronze to have time to just relax, for a moment at least. C'ryn was busy in the records room, looking over a couple of the recent weather reports, as well as Threadfall reports, wanting to get a hang on what they could expect to see when they eventually became a Wingleader.

A voice reaching out to him had the bronze lift his head. Sophrosunth His voice was gentle as he spoke to his blue brother, not at all annoyed to have been spoken to either. He truly did care for all his clutchsiblings, even if many of them saw him in a more harsher light. Of course you may have a word. Shall I come to you or would you like to come to my ledge?

Aresoth couldn't help but be a little curious about what his brother wanted to speak about.

medigel

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:21 pm
Oh! Ah, let me come to you, he answered quickly, dropping off his ledge and taking flight. In truth he hadn't expected Aresoth to be available immediately, but he'd have to take it in stride now.

A few moments later he alighted on the edge of the bronze's ledge, tucking his wings until they hung down almost like a cloak. I hope I was not interrupting, Sophrosunth said with a hint of a tease, taking in Aresoth's relaxed posture. Faranth knows that the sun will be generous enough the next few months. Won't you overheat?

BastestAmun

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:20 pm
He couldn't help but chuckle some at his brothers surprise, but Aresoth did not voice it. He kept himself laying upon the ledge as the blue came to join him, easily changing his position so that he was sitting up. Stretching his neck out, Aresoth let out a rumble of amusement. Well, that is why ours oil our hides. Not to mention we can easily slip down into the water of the lake for a quick dip. I think it might be a bit easier for us to cool off then it is for ours to.

Blue whirling eyes watched Sophrosunth. What is on your mind brother? Never one to banter when there was a point to get to, Aresoth was at least trying to be polite and not as tactless as he normally was. He just was very curious as to what Sophrosunth wanted to speak about. Had something happened with some of their siblings? He knew the blue liked to be the mediator of the clutch, and he did a well enough job.

medigel

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:48 pm
The curse of human skin, Sophrosunth agreed with a bob of his head. But within, Aresoth, such bright minds! He might have listed examples, such as their ability to put meaning to scribbles and other art forms, but Aresoth wasn't one to make too much idle chatter. Soph was, on the other hand, a babbler. He needed to cut the fat form his words, though not so much that he berated the bronze.

Various things sit with me these days. Family, namely. You were aware of Neiveth's flight recently, yes? he began, tail curling about his feet. For all the world, he looked like a lieutenant reporting to his commander. Some of our brothers took part with, ah, interesting results. It reminded me that soon our sisters will take their turns in the air, and I cannot help but feel some worry about it. The blue's brow creased.

BastetAmun

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:25 pm
Sophrosunth's excitement about how smart humans were made the bronze smile. The blue's emotions could be infectious, just as Aurinkoth's happiness could be as well. Though he was glad the blue wasn't going to beat around the bush too much. There was no ready to brandy about words, unless you were trying to hide something.

I did take note of her flight, as well as some of our brothers chasing. He had expected Elzebuth to chase after the green, he was sure the brown would chase after any pretty tail, no matter the color. Menankith had been a slight surprise, perhaps because he had not seen anything from the brown, and then Macuith taking flight had been strange as well. His eyes moved to look in the direction of a ledge before he turned back to look at Sophrosunth. I will admit I share your worry, Sophrosunth. I only want the best for our sisters and yet it will be their choice in the long run. Ah, but there was a green sister who was catching his eye of late, that Aresoth wouldn't mind chasing after.

medigel

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:05 pm
It isn't that, Sophrosunth continued, becoming more delicate in speech. Well, of course it is that, but also quite more than simple flight lust. You see, as Neiveth's flight proved, as we mature, we must also begin to better understand our feelings and how they pertain to our sisters and brothers. Left unchecked, they could lead to something more disastrous than a simple misunderstanding mid-Chase.

Now the hard part. His claws clacked on the stone idly.

As such, I feel it is my duty to, ah...attempt to clear up what miscommunications there may be, romantically speaking. Macuith and Xochith may make it all seem very rosy, but I worry that being silent or coy will bring about unnecessary complications. Thus... Sophrosunth dipped his head again, polite and submissive. I was hoping to start that discussion with you, Aresoth.

BastetAmun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:00 pm
He was sure that Neiveth would have preferred Sophrosunth to use a different term then a simple misunderstanding, especially considering how it had seemed she reacted to that misunderstanding. Nevertheless his blue brothers sudden change made Aresoth turn his head back to look at him, eyes watching him closely as his claws clacked against the stone of the ledge.

His words made sense and Aresoth turned his head away, looking in the direction of Cynosuth's ledge. I forget how easily you perceive everything, compared to the rest of our siblings. He couldn't help but wonder how long Sophrosunth had been away of the feelings he felt towards Cynosuth, it could not have been too long as he had not even been aware of them until recently. You are suggesting that I just go and speak to Cynosuth directly...I would normally take your advice and do this Sophrosunth and yet...I do not even understand my feelings. Love was something the bronze was not in a hurry to truly explore, he was young and not ready to tie himself down with just one other. It made things more complicated and he worried about hurting her most of all.

medigel

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:17 am
An outsider's perspective, merely, he said, eyes twinkling. Always a simpler one than those engaged. But I do understand: in spite of FelaMine's many romantic ventures enlightening me to a degree I never thought possible, I know that love can be a hard topic to broach."

Goodness knew it was hard just trying to get them to talk about it at all. The blue's nerves were starting to calm down, however, now that they had started. And the long-windedness had only just begun.

The way humans have it, they absolutely have to rely on spoken word and action. Perhaps, if you feel words alone would be insufficient, and in action not find a solution, simply baring that emotion would be best? That is, ah, hmm, what would be a good... Sophrosunth tilted his head as he tried to find the metaphor. A tapestry! Yes, rather than a tangled knot of confusion and ardor, present her with a picture. Let her know that while you are unsure of how to voice all of these feelings, you are willing to try and make sense of it to her. And to make such a creation, you must begin to thread the needle and work through those emotions yourself--ah, well, I suppose it isn't tapestries that are woven so much as clothes and baskets and such--but--well, you understand what I am getting at, yes? he asked cheerfully. In summary: shall we try to make sense of what you feel today, to better prepare you for tomorrow? Not literally, of course, unless you wish it, but--?" He leaned in expectantly.

BastetAmun

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff