[PRP] No Relief (Talis/Dynzrak)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:31 pm
It was funny how quickly she'd gotten used to being clean, after a turn of not, but the second she was finished with her chores, Talis wanted out of her dirty, sweaty clothes. Cleaning the stables wasn't the dirtiest job in the Weyr, but as hot as it was, any task turned quickly to gross and unpleasantly sticky. Still, even the worst job here was a massive step up from the mines, and so she voiced no complaints. The dirt and heat were easily tolerated, fading away into little more than something like background noise, for the duration of the task, but once it was done? She was done.

Once she'd finished and been dismissed, she made a beeline for the lake and wasted no time in stripping off her light outer layer once she'd reached the shore. She was far from the only one looking for respite from the sweltering summer weather, but if she'd ever had any sense of body-shyness, she'd long since lost it, even with the lacework of scars she'd gained.

For the moment, all that mattered that she was hot, dirty, and more than a little aggravated. Chores had provided the perfect opportunity to brood over the previous night's Flight. She'd gone with it, because shells, why not? She was in a Weyr now, might as well do what most weyrfolk did...but it hadn't exactly been all it was talked up to be.

Frustrating. At least there was Rhianth's clutch to look forward to.

Tsunake
and half an age later, here is a start

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:41 pm
The lake was one of the quickest ways to cool down, and like many others, Dynzrak was enjoying the cold waters. He certainly had no qualms about eyeing the other fellows at the lake--and it was hard not to notice the pale young woman who had suddenly arrived and begun to strip. He kicked his feet lazily so he could swim closer to shore, hailing her once she was in earshot.

"Oi!" He called, mock-grimacing when the smell of manure hit him. He'd grown up on farms, so it wasn't a surprise, but that didn't mean he wouldn't play the part. "Stable duty, huh? Bet you're ready for a break. The water feels great!"

His grin was wide and sincere. She was a pretty girl, so why wouldn't he be? The scars didn't bother him any. They were conversation pieces!

Meepfur
Tag thirty years later.

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:17 pm
Hot, dirty, and eager to be out of her sweaty clothes and into the water, Talis hadn't paid anything more than peripheral attention to who else was already in the water. Her shoes were off, her shirt was on the ground, and her trousers were half-shed when she registered that she was being hailed, and rather than pause, finished shucking them off before responding.

"I'd be worried if it didn't," the young woman quipped, taking a moment to assess her fellow candidate - definitely a fellow candidate, not one she was properly acquainted with, but the hair was hard to miss. She untied her own and stepped into the shallows. "And what chore are you washing off?"

Tsunake

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:54 pm
"Scrubbing the latrines." He groaned, leaning back as though to drown himself in the water. After a moment, he bobbed back up, spitting out water. "Way worse than the stables, honestly. But hey, I'm not comparing." Some of the chores they had to do was just... ugh.

His feet occasionally skimmed the bottom as he tread warer, staying where he was. "I've been mucking out stables forever. It's a pain but you can at least get rid of the smell with a good wash."

And it was so, so much more preferable to human waste.

Meepfur
editing my last because my grammar/word choice was atrocious...

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:27 pm
As she waded in, Talis grimaced at the nswer he gave, all too familiar - as most candidates probably thought themselves - with that particular chore. Even though cleaning stables and cleaning latrines were effectively similar duties, the latter was unquestionably worse. "I won't argue that."

"Wouldn't be half as bad if it weren't so sharding hot." Once she was deep enough to do so, she sank back with a sigh. Her heart wasn't fully in the complaint, it was more conversational than real griping, because at least she could leave the task behind her when it was done and wash it away. And no one was making her do it. "You were in beastcraft, I take it? Or you just luck into stable duty a lot?"

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:00 pm
"That's the truth. It should start cooling off soon, right?" Shards, but it better! Of course, they'd all be whining about the cold soon enough, but that was later! At least doing chores in the winter meant you'd warm up faster. He considered her question for a moment. He'd been receiving training in how to move and act like a young lord... and honestly, he'd taken to his lessons with ease. Nothing wrong with admitting to having dealings in beastcraft, however.

"A bit of A, a bit of B. I worked with runners some before coming here." Dynz said lightly, lifting one shoulder in a shrug. "The basics aren't much different among other animals. Even a dragon... well, they're obviously far more than just a beast, but when they're young? Same old, as far as clean-up is concerned..."

Meepfur

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:08 pm
"It'll have to. It's not like it could get any hotter!" Although now that she'd said it, just watch it do exactly that! Autumn couldn't come soon enough, and she'd happily take winter over this oppressive heat, which was quite the opposite of how she'd felt about the seasons previously, now that she was assured proper clothing and there would be heated areas to escape to.

"I'm sure that's their excuse for so many of our chores involving cleaning up s**t," Talis said with a snort, although there was still no resentment in the statement. "Just another way of getting us ready." A dragon would be a lot to clean up after - not so terrible when they were freshly-hatched, but by the time they were ready to go between, they'd be fairly sizable, especially one of the larger colors.

Tsunake
such a good topic to make friends over. XD

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces