[PRP] Everything Changes (Nadry/Ash'il)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:56 am
Was anyone else as out-of-sorts as she was, now that they'd all all graduated and been split up? Ever since Impressing, they'd been encouraged to form bonds with their fellow weyrlings, and they had, only to now be separated out into different wings, really apart from each other for the first time in a turn. It was even more jarring than she'd expected, largely because it hadn't gone as she'd hoped. She was disappointed not to have gone into the wing she most wanted, or be with even one of the people she was closest to - not that she didn't like R'gan or A'kir - and was secretly a bit jealous that G'ran had been placed in Tsunami.

She was probably supposed to be proud to be in Alpha Flight, and Burning Aces besides, but for now was wallowing in lingering disappointment. It didn't help that she was tired after their first full day as wingriders, and already tired of pretending that she was happy about her placement; Nadry was quite good at that sort of acting, looking and behaving how she was expected to, so nothing about her had looked amiss all day. Now that the day was done, though, she was more than ready to head back to her weyr, sort out her errant thoughts, then use thr couple of hours she had left to go and visit certain someones. Ideally.

Menankith had already flown back to his ledge, and she could feel his impatience to be back with more familiar faces. He wasn't as offput by the changes as His, but he did miss being in close proximity to certain siblings for most of the day.

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:13 am
Ash'il was about ready to head back to his weyr and get back to his usual work. He felt like he had fallen behind when he had gone to spend time with Ephia, thanks to the gold flights. Then the graduation of the Tarot clutch had happened, so he hadn't really had time to work on records. So he was just about to suggest to Iptoneth that they should fly home, when he felt prodding from the bronze.

Isn't that one of our new wingmates, Mine? Rider of brown Menankith, one of the recent graduates?Iptoneth asked.

Yeah, you are right, that is Nadry. Ashlyn and Gyafrith asked us to keep an eye on all of those who were added to Burning Aces from that clutch. I should go see if she is doing alright,Ash'il thought back. He headed over to Nadry, before she headed back to her weyr.

"Hello, how are you doing?"he called out to her.

Meepfur

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:52 pm
Ah, well, so much for that plan.

Nadry was hardly antisocial, but she was tired and ready to be done with the day, which had already dragged on far too long for her liking. But pretending her disappointment away was a chore she wasn't quite finished with yet, apparently, because as much as she would have liked to pretend not to have heard her wingmate, she was supposed to be getting to know them all. Form bonds and all that, even if a part of her resented the need to form new ones. It felt like a poor substitution for her old ones.

Not that those were gone, but by necessity they would be different.

Nadry conjured up a believable smile and turned to face the bronzerider, quickly placing name to face. She'd paid very careful attention to who was who, althoguh in this case, the relation to Ashlyn made it easier. "Ash'il," she greeted with a respectful nod. "Fine. A little tired, but no more so than anyone else by this time of day, I suspect. You?"

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:54 pm
Ash'il inclined his head towards the young woman as she turned to greet him. He wasn't surprised she remembered his name, knowing she was probably trying to remember all of her new wingmates. Not only that, she had spent a year as a Weyrling where she would have encountered his twin regularly. He gave a soft nod when she said tired, allowing a smile of his own to paint his lips. However, he had a feeling that the girl was still trying to get used to being a full rider.

She probably misses her friends from that clutch. You remember how easy it was to get along with the riders of my clutchmates, mine. After so long time together, they were like a second family to us,Iptoneth reminded.

I do, even though you know Ashlyn and I aren't the most social of people. However, I know how hard it was to adjust to not spending so much time with them. They were our friends, but we do try to stay in touch when we can,Ash'il agreed with his bronze.

"I am doing alright myself, getting back into things after last threadfall. How does it feel for you to be a wingrider, Nadry. I imagine it has been a bit surreal and stressful at the same time,"he spoke. He wished he knew how to make the girl feel a little better about all this.

Meepfur

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:54 am
"Exactly that," came the honest answer after a moment for polite consideration of the question. This was what they'd been working toward for for the last Turn, after all - even a bit longer, if one took candidacy into account. "Not that they don't prepare is properly, but it's still quite a change." Their training was perfectly good, of course, and they'd been well-prepared to integrate into a full-fledged wing, but the change in who they spent time with and even saw from day to day was more jarring than she had accounted for, especially paired with the lingering sting of not being placed in the wing.

While not a surprise, it was a disappointment regardless, though that was carefully kept between her and her dragon, and the friends she'd been separates from.

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:32 pm
Ash'il nodded, he knew they were very well prepared for this, from his own experiences from when he was a Weyrling and from his siblings. After all, he talked to his twin regularly and she told him what they did. Not only that, but his younger sister, Demanthra, was also one of the recent graduates of this last clutch. However, as much as you may be trained in joining a wing, it doesn't prepare you for some of the emotional changes that happened. There was only so much that could help in that area, when you went from spending so much time with people and then aren't seeing them as much.

Let he know she isn't the only one who has gone through that transition, Mine. Or have her talk it out, it might help, and that is what your sister would say,Iptoneth suggested to his rider.

"I know the feeling, I remember when I graduated Weyrling training. No matter who you are, you usually get close to some of those you trained with. Then you get scattered among the wings and you don't know what to do. Honestly, if I am honest, I had hoped to end up in a wing with my sister or one of my parents. What about you, did you have a certain wing in mind, before you graduated?"he asked.

Meepfur

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:52 pm
Ah, that was quite a tricky question to answer, wasn't it? It certainly had an answer, clear as could be, but to Nadry it seemed both improper and potentially a little unwise to voice it to one of her new wingmates, and a bronzeriding one at that. Of course her friends knew, and it was hardly a secret that she was close to Illa, but now that she'd been sorted and placed, it didn't seem right to come straight out and say that this wasn't the wing she wanted to be in. That she would have preferred another one in particular. No, it was safer to downplay that. And who knew? Maybe she'd get on well with everyone and things would turn out alright.

The question did need an answer, though, and one that wasn't obviously untrue. "I was hoping to be with...someone I was close to," she answered finally. "Obviously I know we'll never all be in the same wing, but...well, I'm sure it'll be alright, regardless." It wasn't like she didn't seem them at all, just less. That wasn't terrible, just disappointing.

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:00 am
Ash'il could see Nadry was thinking on how to answer that question, not that he blamed her. After all, a lot of people usually had a wing they hoped to be in when they were about to graduate. If female blueriders led wings, he was sure that would have been his twin's first choice when they had graduated. For him, it really had not mattered, long as he had been under the command of a strong leader who had heart. Part of him wondered if Nadry had hoped to be in one of the wings with a female brownrider as wingsecond.

I can't say I would blame her if that is what she had hoped for. It would have given her a role model to help her see what a female brown rider could be capable of,Iptoneth thought to Ash'il. The bronze got a feeling of agreement from his rider, as they listened to Nadry explain what she had hoped for.

"Nothing wrong with hoping to be with others you are close to. As for never being in the same wing, I wouldn't count the possibility out. Anything can happen in the life of a rider, wing changes are a common part of our lives,"he explained.

Meepfur

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 10:54 am
"Fair enough," Nadry allowed after a moment of consideration, "Although it seems unkind to hope for that, especially so soon. We ought to give everyone a chance, right? I'm sure we'll do perfectly well with A'gus for a wingleader." He and his dragon did seem awfully young for it, but well, they wouldn't have the position if someone hadn't deemed them worthy of it. Even if he struck her as...maybe just a little too charming. There was soemthing she jsut coudln't quite put her figner on, it felt like, but she was sure it was just a product of her own disappointment that she needed to get over sooner rather than later.

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 7:51 pm
"It might seem a little bit unkind, but it is natural for most people. Especially when you spend a turn with a group of people that you are used to seeing. As Weyrlings, you forge some very strong bonds. Though, I am sure you will thrive in this wing. A'gus is pretty good and I am sure and the rest of our wing will be glad to help you adjust. And my twin has stressed to me to let you know, that if you ever need to come to her, you are more than welcome. That goes for myself and Iptoneth too,"he managed a soft smile.

Good, I am very proud of you, Ash'ilMine. And you are right, she and her dragon can come to us whenever they need,Iptoneth agreed. He wondered if Nadry and Menankith would one day rise some in the ranks.

Meepfur

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas