Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
ain't gettin any younger...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How many days do you think
  you have left
  Don't think like that
  I missed you too
View Results

The Great Judge Judy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:30 pm
Almost exactly two years ago, on my birthday, my dad told me he knew I wouldn't want to be a hostess for the rest of my life.

Now three days before my 31st birthday, he says I need to go to church on my birthday and ask for forgiveness for not going to church (and strength to endure job searching.)

Moving back home for the 2nd time has been really hard. Anyone else feeling some kind of blues?
I know the Suites was kind of a place for me back when I felt like I had no one to talk to IRL, for whatever reason. (My self-imposed isolation. Go me.)  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:55 pm
I'm not as much having blues as I am dealing with my autistic dad who after a year hasn't begun to get over my mother dying of cancer. I'm getting married and trying to balance everything out.

Adulting isn't easy, but it's gotta be done.  

Kosai Avonej

Elder

Tus Ojos Oscuros..

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:25 pm
The Great Judge Judy
Almost exactly two years ago, on my birthday, my dad told me he knew I wouldn't want to be a hostess for the rest of my life.

Now three days before my 31st birthday, he says I need to go to church on my birthday and ask for forgiveness for not going to church (and strength to endure job searching.)

Moving back home for the 2nd time has been really hard. Anyone else feeling some kind of blues?
I know the Suites was kind of a place for me back when I felt like I had no one to talk to IRL, for whatever reason. (My self-imposed isolation. Go me.)

I moved back home after getting a Masters degree and being unable to find a starting job with decent enough pay to afford to rent on my own...It has definitely been a struggle getting used to the family dynamic again versus living solo.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:07 pm
Adulting sucks. But we have each other at least. Reaching out to people is a healthy first step. You’ve done a lot to make it this far, so give yourself some credit.  

Sunday Morning Hangover

crazed4now

Fashionable Lunatic

11,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:42 pm
I finally moved out of my toxic home life and now teach English in Japan.

Adulting is hard, but it's rewarding if you manage to kick it in the right direction.
Though it was a HARD kick in the right direction. One that involved me getting kicked out of my house for a few days....  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:44 am
where am i? ninja  

Ray Wolfheart

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas