Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:57 pm
(Backlogged)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.For most of Enver's youth he had felt a little like an outsider. Even if he wasn't the only son of a single father he had still been rankless, oblivious to who he would be when he grew up and left to do naught but dream about what The Great Lion had in store for him. Luckily, that came easy to him with his roots and at least dreaming kept him from worrying, holding his head in the clouds instead of letting it weigh heavy with concerns. The days ticked by one by one and finally, at last, he was allowed to taste the moon flower.

So, it was Middle. Nothing too grand and nothing too unfortunate. He could have been saddened by the fact that he was not given the same opportunity as his sisters, to be high class and favored, but he found instead that it only made him feel completed. He was, after all his time dreaming and wondering, a perfect, average, normal member of the Mwezi Johari. It left an awkward smile on his calm face even now, weeks after he had woken under the careful eye of the nurse. He was just Enver, a hunter and a soul that belonged.

The moon was high tonight as he wandered and dreamed, shining so bright and clear that it made his pale fur all but glow beneath it. He had downed a kill in the early afternoon and it had given him an unbreakable sense of accomplishment and set him at peace with his place in the world. Did everyone that woke beneath The Great Lion's favor smile so much? Maybe it was just his father's passion and faith rubbing off on him.

As he passed a small, oddly smooth rock, he kicked it with dark toes and watched as it skittered ahead of him along the earth before falling at last with a plop beneath the surface of a watering hole some few paces ahead of him. The sound made him smile and as he approached the water and took a long drink he was mindful to be thankful of this place. A happy sigh escaped him as the cold water filled his belly and he settled, calmly, at the water's edge so that he could watch the moon's reflection in silence.

Polette

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:23 pm
User Image

It had been a long day for Daiyu, and she found herself out strolling in the moonlight by herself. After many practices and demonstrations, she had attempted her first completely-solo hunt - which, considering, seemed like a slow pace for someone her age. But when growing up with as many siblings as she had, there was always someone to take up the co-captain position in any adventure. She had felt so strong and confident after sinking her teeth into the hare - granted, it wasn't anything huge like an antelope, but she was beyond proud of her efforts, and she knew her mother would be as well. It seemed like such a delicate issue, her siblings and her - she counted them all lucky to be born with the blessing and protection of the Great Lion, but also pained that her mother had not been. But, it was all as it was meant to be, she supposed. And, even though she was born a slave, her mother trained and cared for them all so well - which was why Daiyu was beaming with pride at this very moment over her successful kill.

She was so content afterwards that she had gone for a stroll, and before she knew it she was being bathed in the bright moonlight. It was beautiful, and she felt complete being out in it. In a moment, her eyes noticed the movement of another, seeming to be moving perpendicular to her own path - she recognized him from an initiation ceremony - she remembered his fluffy hair and striking eye markings. Thinking back on it made her blush, and she decided that she'd ride out this confident feeling by going and formally introducing herself.

"H-hello." She neared the watering hole that he had perched beside, keeping a friendly distance in case he wasn't wanting any company. "It's really beautiful out tonight, isn't it?" Her eyes lingered on him for a moment, before looking up at the moon and the stars.

Felyn

Polette
Crew

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:37 pm
The brightly colored male didn't hear her approaching and, had he not been so content and at peace within the pride's borders, perhaps he would have startled and jumped to his feet. Instead, he only jerked his head around to look at her and layered a lazy, gentle smile on her as he recognized her as a lioness from one of the old families here - and, perhaps, from when he had awoken from his ceremony?

Fondly, he recalled a story his father had told him when he and his sisters were quite young, all about the ruling family and the lions that were related to them among the Mwezi'Johari. He had said they were loved so much by The Great Lion that they carried their heritage on them in the form of moons, His sign written into their fur.

"Yes, it's very lovely," he murmured, realizing that he was staring at the pretty, pastel stamp of her heritage and not her matching eyes or the twinkling stars overhead. He cleared his throat and tossed his head as a distraction from his sudden awkwardness so that it sent his fluffy mane shifting away from his far eye. In a matter of second, it flopped back, covering half of his face once more.

"I didn't realize anyone would be here at this time but I guess.. it's kind of silly to think I'm the only one that would want to sit here and stargaze." His smile remained, lopsided and lazy, as he pulled his gaze away from her pretty face. "You can sit with me a while if you want."

Polette

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:18 pm
Daiyu felt a slight flutter of nerves as the male smiled at her - she wasn't used to being so forward and was happy to see it warmly reciprocated. His eyes felt so warm, like the sun, and she tried her best to linger in their gaze. Even as she broke away from their golden stare, she still found herself mesmerized by the mane that had been so striking the first time she saw him; how it moved so easily and delicately.

"Oh, I haven't...bothered you, have I?" An expression of concern briefly flashed across Daiyu's face, shaking her from her trance. It was probably a necessary shake, and she honestly wasn't sure how long she'd been staring at his bright mane. He was so striking, so unlike her pale and monotone coat. "To be honest, I probably wouldn't have been here at this time, but I really did lose track of time..." Her pale eyes shifted, slowly wandering up towards the starry sky. "Although, I am grateful for the chance to appreciate the beauty of it all." Hearing his proposition, Daiyu could just manage a sheltered smile, the corners of her eyes pinching slightly as she felt excitement well up inside her again. She neared a few more paces, taking a spot a respectful distance from the male.

Sitting with a straightened back, she mustered an introduction as best she could, "I'm Daiyu, by the way." She continued to face the sky, shyly glancing over to try and gauge his reaction.

Felyn
(( I'm back! ;; Sorry for the long delay. Still good? ))

Polette
Crew

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:37 pm
"Oh," he started, shaking his head as she worried over her intrusion. The last thing he wanted was for her to think such a thing and his zealous response caused his mane tuft to come untucked from its precarious position and it fell, now, completely into his eyes. What a bother!

"No, no, you haven't bothered me at all," he murmured as he reached up with a paw to try and wipe his too-bright mane back from his golden eyes so that he could see her again. By the time he was able to push the puff into a reasonably manageable position, she was sitting closer to him, staring up at the sky. It caught him in a moment of silence as he watched her, so pale and pristine, coated in moonlight. If ever there was a lion that looked like a daughter of the moon, it certainly must have been her. He had always felt like a little bit of an outsider even if he had spent most of his life here with these lions but she, he thought, must have felt simply at home.

"Daiyu," he repeated, gently, sounding the simple syllables out and measuring how they sounded so much more elegant next to each other. His eyes drifted away, then, as he became too aware that he was staring. He cleared his throat and dropped his eyes to the watering hole instead, staring at the moon's reflection where it wavered gently atop the surface. "I'm Enver."

Polette
Absolutely okay! <3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:58 pm
Daiyu was so entranced by the scene in the sky that she didn't notice his gaze; it was partially by her own design, for she knew it would only make her more nervous. Hearing him say her name, however, sent a small chill up her spine. His voice was soft, and she took in a long breath as it lingered in her ears.

"I'm happy to officially meet you, Enver." She spoke after a pause, still mulling his name over in her mind. It was a lovely and light feeling, finally having a name to put to that striking male she'd seen moons ago.

"Um..." a soft sound escaped Daiyu's lips as she worked up what to say next. "Do...do you stargaze here a lot?" It wasn't her best conversational piece, but she didn't want to stop talking to him just because she had a case of nerves.

Felyn

Polette
Crew

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:00 pm
If Enver was bothered by the brief lapse in conversation as she tried to find something to say, he did not show it. He had at least forced his eyes to stop their open, gaping stare but he was doing little better than that. Instead, he focused up at the stars but left his attention solely upon her; he heard every breath, the soft sound as she mulled over what she might say, the way she shifted in her pause. She was an elegant, beautiful representation of the pride even when she was not certain of herself and he found himself enthralled by it. Had he not grown up with a father that celebrated beauty in all things, he might have felt unnerved by his own attention. As it was, he simply let himself be at peace with the knowledge that he had found something, someone, who spoke to that part of him.

A muse, perhaps? Not the kind his father had described to him but it felt the way he always spoke of them.

"What?" as elegant as she seemed, he blubbered out the word, realizing suddenly she had been speaking while he considered her instead. That must have seemed really foolish - and disrespectful! He cleared his throat and offered her an apologetic smile.

"Yes, well, sometimes. I stargaze in a lot of places." Then, realizing at last that the conversation was more awkward than she might like, he finally elaborated so that she need not find ways to fill the emptiness again. "I wasn't born in the pride but I came here when I was really, really little. I don't remember being anywhere else but because my mom wasn't here, they didn't know what night I was born." His tail flicked and he smiled.

"I had to wait until I was older to go through the ceremony and I guess I always.. liked to stargaze. It felt like I was getting closer to the Great Lion that way."

Polette

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:41 pm
Daiyu's eyes locked onto Enver as he finally spoke. Her heart was still, and she was trying to keep it from dropping at his initial response. "O-oh. I always feel so settled when I'm stargazing." Her eyes returned to the sky for a moment and she took a few more breaths. She was still pretty nervous, but the calm of being out tonight eased those feelings.

She let a silence linger for a moment, thinking about his words and what she should say. "Do you...remember much about before?" Daiyu had always wondered what her life would have been like if she had been born under a different moon. Or, like him, if she had been born elsewhere. Her eyes lingered on her paws, too nervous to see the results of her question. She hadn't really thought about what her question might have implied, or what feelings he could have had surrounding the topic. Her ears swiveled sheepishly, and she almost wished that she could retract her question.

Felyn

Polette
Crew

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas