Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Mornings with Family (Rune/Rhys + Olliah)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:21 pm
Honestly, Rune had kept her head low since Fianth's flight, still pretty nervous about everything. Her attitude, though, was far more prickly than she'd been before. Even now, as she settled in to Olliah's weyr, she was quiet, sullen, her back against the wall. Chores done, Rune couldn't help but look up to the weyr's ceiling, the girl sighing a bit loudly as her twin brother walked in. Yes, there was bruising on her cheek from a small fight, and his judging looks were just making her feel more on edge. Part of her wished for Fianth's warm presence, something to make her feel more at ease. Honestly, she preferred dragons to people, "....Stop looking at me like that, Rhys." Came the snap, an arm wrapping around her knee.

The younger of the Twins couldn't help but sigh, looking at his sister with cool eyes. She was always so aggressive. He had to wonder if she had anything beyond her anger and bitterness that she'd show anyone outside of Fianth and occasionally Olliah. Another bruise meant she'd been in a fight again, and her attitude about it was enough to drive him a bit insane. So cavalier about it. Hopefully their adopted mother would be back soon, and Rune could find some kind of peace. Rhys, instead of talking to her, or humoring her, went to the Goldrider's desk, sitting and reading one of the records he'd pulled from the room. Time to wait.

Uta

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:49 pm
-_Wish of Tevarae_-

It wasn't long before there was a familiar souand of a dragon landing heavily on a weyrledge. Claws scraped against stone as Fianth settled upon her ledge. The gold dragon was showing the clear outcome of her flight--she was fat and getting larger everyday. While the queen was still capable of flight, leaving her weyr was a bit of an awkward sight. Long gone was her usual grace, replaced by a somewhat more clumsy and awkward queen.

Thankfully, the anticipation of eggs kept Fianth in a happy mood. She was a queen who loved to clutch, and who enjoyed even the unpleasant aspects of her position. After her rider dismounted, the gold dragon gave a happy thrum, settling herself on her side to soak in the morning sun.

"Won't be long now, will it?" Olliah asked the gold, taking a moment to lean in and offer her beloved's snout a fond, almost child-like kiss.

There's time yet. The dragon assured. Still, there was a tiredness in her words that Olliah felt as much as she heard; proof that the day was inching near. If history repeated itself, Olliah was certain they would see eggs within a few sevendays.

"Ah, well. Rest up, love." Leaving her queen to rest, the woman entered her weyr and was not at all surprised to see Rune and Rhys within. "Good morning, lovies," she spoke with her usual warmth, though there was an echoe of exhaustion within her words. That, of course, wasn't surprising. "Finished with lessons and chores already?" She asked curiously. Candidates were often kept busy so as to keep themselves out of trouble; but not everyday was the same, and some days were shorter.

"Find anything interesting, Rhys?" She asked with a grin, removing her riding goggles. The young boy looked like he belonged in some sort of records room, or maybe, behind the desk. A possible Wingleader or Wingsecond someday? Maybe. "And how're you, Rune? Learn anything ex--" She hesitated, eyes catching sight of a mark on the girl's cheek. Faranth, but did the girl get into another fight?

"....Rune," she spoke, her words a mix of genuine concern, but also a touch disappointment. What did she say? Another fight? Another scuffle? Gr'del had already talked to her about the girl's behavior, but Olliah hadn't been able to actually pinpoint the source of her aggression. Or maybe she'd just been too busy. Mph. "What happened?"

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:44 am
"We finished quickly today, though I might go back and see if there's anything else I can do." Rhys was the first to pipe up, a grin on his face, willing demeanor shining through. Of the two of them, he was the one that most often would keep himself busy to the point of exhaustion, helping other candidates, hunting in the records room, and reading until well past when he should be asleep. He couldn't help it, it was how he was! "I was looking over some of the clutch records in preparation for when Fianth lays. I was curious to see what might come of it, and what history's been like...especially with two Queens who're going to share the sands...which is still foreign to me." Slowly, he put the parchment aside, getting up to offer to help her put things away, "It's been exciting, since the flight. So much talk going around the weyr." Okay, so maybe he listened to everyone and recorded things that were said. Why not? It made for good history.s

His sister was quick to move to the Gold, gently stroking the pretty hide and smiling at her size. The only time the girl seemed to soften was around Fianth, her facade of cool indifference melting away to a warmth that one might attribute more to fondness. The sound of Olliah's voice made her flinch a bit, the softness tucked back behind a mask, eyes glaring over the weyrledge. Disappointment...She hated disappointing their foster mother, but at the same time, she...couldn't help herself. She was so ANGRY so often...getting in to scuffles when her temper rose helped her feel better...get some release outside of mindless chores and dull classes. Slowly, so slowly, her eyes turned back to Olliah, a shrug coming, "He wouldn't shut his sharding face, asking me questions. I punched him, he punched me, it was over like that." Like it was the same as seeing something interesting at the table while eating, like it wasn't a FIGHT of all things.

"I just got tired of his talking, really..." Her voice conveyed more than her face did, a tiny waver of remorse, apology, beneath the slightly heated irritation. Rune was still harboring quite a lot from her loss over a turn ago, and with the return of Threadfall, she was getting antsy and anxious any time it came...What if she lost more? Lost another home? Better to hide things, keep her connections to a minimum, and not let herself feel...than to lose it all again.

Uta

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff