Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] A Wolf in the Dark, Ice on the Wind (Gethin & Stanza)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:22 pm
User ImageUser Image
Saint Vis | Latonia de la Courtel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:19 pm
Moving in a soft chime of jewelry and a whisper of sashes, the young mare called Stanza wandered her way along the bank of a lazily arcing river. Ice crystals that spanned from her chest to midway up her neck cracked and popped, shedding and regrowing as they covered her shoulder like a strange sort of pauldron. Stanza moved to a unique tune, her adornments and oddities forming their own sort of music with each step she took.

Her paws at least were silent, mist-blue against the rich green of the grass, claws dainty and sharp. On the one hand she longed to race, leaping over felled trees with a gleeful arc of her tail. Or better yet she'd prefer to seek out a companion to spar with, wings flaring and folding as she fought to best them. But many of her companions were elsewhere, her siblings off seeking their own entertainments.

"Which just leaves me." Stanza mused to the breeze, smiling faintly as it plucked at her dark forelock and tossed it this way and that, before dropping it back over her eyes again. "At loose ends..."

Wordcount: 188  

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

Saint Vis

Crew

Timid Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:00 pm
Gethin laid upon an overhanging tree that touched the water, it had been rather wide and built to hold the large dog-like Soquili just oddly shaped and bent to touch the water that had engulfed its roots.

He laid there with his eyes closed, all paws 'cept one of his back limbs hanging over the curve of the log on either side. It would be an odd sight for new eyes.. However Gethin felt at home in the tree, he wasn't a small creature.. So finding a tree that was friendly to the giants of the Soquili lands. His signature; the long tied piece of hair dipped over the side and sank gently in the water each time he exhaled a breath of air as his bangs settled over his eyes that seemed to glow between his eyelids ever so lightly.

As he dreamed of music and deep snows above ice for some reason. His thick fluffy ears flexing in his sleep as he shuffled lightly. When he heard a voice his ears flexed even moreso, his eyes opening to take note. "What leaves you at loose ends?" He said in a groggy tone..

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:36 pm
Pacing gracefully through the woods, Stanza noted the increase of sunshine and further altered her course. Maybe taking a moment to get her bearings in new surroundings would offer her some chance at entertainment. Happily the trees thinned quickly, breaking up to reveal water ahead and a tree with heavy branches and toward the surface. Of course, there was also the matter of the large dark shape draped over the branch, as if he were perfectly at home in a somewhat gravity-defying sprawl.

'What an unusual place to take a nap.' Stanza thought to herself, jarred out of her thoughts by the drowsy question the shadow figure asked. 'Nice going, Stanza... Well, clearly he heard you...'

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to disturb your rest." The mare murmured, offering a smile. "I was just thinking to myself and didn't mean to intrude. As for what leaves me, ah my friends and family are amusing themselves elsewhere today. So I'm on my own, that's all."

Hesitating and then shuffling forward, she cleared her throat in a polite inquiry. "Forgive my curiousity... But, do you often rest where you're at risk of a refreshing wakeup call?"

Wordcount: 194  

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

Saint Vis

Crew

Timid Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:42 pm
Gethin heard the returning voice of the feminine sorts. His canine ears flexing flat against his head for a moment as he was caught off guard. He hoped he hadn't said anything rude. Though the gypsy had been definitely learning how different the mares of these lands were as opposed to those he grew up with as a young colt. It had been quite the bit of time since he was home with his parents.. They had sent him away still as a colt to his Uncle Monfulta's lands.

So although he was shy towards mares; he had been doing much better having grown up alongside his female cousins and his Aunt Ashanti. "It's fine I was j..just being lazy that's all." He stuttered and as he did, his body grew tense and his face distraught as the j skipped along his jowls. His forelimbs lifting to push his wide chest up onto the branch of the tree. Shimmering bitones breaking through his dark bangs looked almost like a mirage as they swept over her small form. His eyes shifting up to her face as she spoke to him. Her response resonated with the stallion.

"I-I can r..elate." He stated and tried not to showcase his irritation towards his stutter. His family tended to fields of sheep and entertained one another; Gethin was a bit of the black sheep of the family. As she advanced towards him, Gethin drew his head up and leaned back away from her with cautious undertones however he relaxed when she took her last step. Glancing down at the waters below him and then back up to the mare he shifted lightly, "Not particularly.." His tone evened out; his voice like a soft growl as he spoke. A huskiness peaked through as he spoke to her. "Should.. we introduce ourselves?" An awkward question made him reconsider his words the moment he asked.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:16 pm
Stanza tilted her head, swiveling her ears to catch the soft cadence of his response. His voice was soothing, not nearly so sharp and brash as some of the other males she had spoken to. It made her want to drift closer, to ask him questions and listen to his answers. A soothing exchange of words rather than an impolite volley or a raucous flirtation.

"Being lazy sounds delightful." She admitted to him with her usual earnestness, a shade of her usual candor pleasantly softened. "Is it the sort of thing one can do in the company of others, or better achieved in privacy? I can wander on, if I am disrupting..."

'But I would just as soon stay.' She added on silently, casting a glance over the water to avoid the appearance that she was staring. Though she wouldn't have minded the chance to do so. The bright gleam of his eyes were intriguing, beautiful in their variation. They didn't match but she didn't mind, somehow it suited him.

His words made her smile, the stutter of no consequence. "Did yours see fit to abandon you too? I'd say good help is hard to find, but my siblings are included in that mess and I'm not sure I could really lose them if I wanted to."

She gave the affectation of a sulk, using it as an excuse to move away and give him space when it seemed like she had gotten too close for his comfort. His response regarding the naps made her eye the water again, feeling a little distrustful of it, but she supposed he was a more wary sleeper than she and had no reason to fear a damp wakeup call. That was to his fortune then, she herself wouldn't risk it. Still, his mention of introductions made her wince, longing to thunk her head on a convenient tree branch.

Manners, Stanza, damn it! Manners!

"Ah, yes, I imagine that would be best." She offered in a softer tone. "Apologies. My name is Stanza.."

Wordcount: 339  

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

Saint Vis

Crew

Timid Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:50 pm
Gethin recognised that his voice had this haunting effect and he felt he had noticed it's effect on the other canine Soquili, watching her approach him. Although a part of him was telling him to run; he felt a bit of a calming effect from Stanza in response to his effect on her.

He felt a piece of him request he asked her to leave. But Gethin was never the one to be so rude, especially in the presence of someone so beautiful. The beauty intimidated the poor stallion but it also gave his eyes a treasure to look at. He was just as bashful and would often glance away from the icy mare to stray away from the prospective of staring. "No, you're welcome to stay.." He'd speak to her.

A curious glance was given to the ice that would break off every so often when he'd realise he was looking at her neck he'd let his eyes shoot back up. His tall form shifting on the log lightly. Her question made him return his uneven glance to her. Ears flicking, "N-no.. I left my parents to find an uncle. I still reside with them from.. time to time.. However I don't think I f--fit in very well.. Though my cousins are very kind and.. help me get to understand s..some customs."

His body felt himself tense a little when he stuttered continuously. At the noticeable wince to his question, he frowned. "Sorry, I.. didn't want to come off as a burden..?" He was definitely still getting used to this. Stanza. "Mmh.. Like lines in poetry? You have a good name." Moving to get up, he felt his innards jitter as he took steps to move off the tree. His first step he'd state, "ah, Gethin Scarecrow.." in introduction. As he took his last couple of steps he felt his pad slip off some of the wet bark making him take uncalculated steps to the point he found himself rearing his head up and practically running into Stanza, his tail and back limbs hitting the water as he felt his chest collide with her maw, his instincts allowing him to rear his head back and his neck dodging her unicorn horn. An audible swallow would be heard as he stared up at the skies above wondering what sort of luck god was laughing down at him.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:33 pm
Stanza swayed slightly on her paws, letting the softly haunting lilt of his voice soothe the frayed edges of her temper. In many ways, she was glad she had left her family and the bustle of the Faire behind for some quiet reflection. This interaction was already proving itself much more rewarding.

From time to time he looked away from her, and then back. She wondered if he longed to escape from the conversation or if he just didn't want to be caught staring. Then again, she was aware of her oddities and wouldn't blame him if he did stare. Though her companion was not exactly lacking in his own peculiar details.

"Well, thank you." The ice-covered mare offered with a small smile.

Though she couldn't help but notice, Stanza paid no mind to how his gaze drifted down to her neck and shoulder. She could hear the ice crystals as they crackled and chimed, feel it as they rained broken flakes over her paws. She knew what they looked like, had long ago made her peace with them.

"It is fortunate that your cousins are so welcoming." Stanza murmured, her silken tail lashing from side to side idly. "Being in a strange place and among strange people can be difficult, particularly if the local customs are not familiar to you. At least you have help in that regard."

At his comment she gave a gentle laugh, shaking her head. "Oh no, not at all. It is not you who is the burden, I just regret I seem to have so thoroughly forgotten my manners. But yes, rather like? And thank you kindly for such a compliment. Many of my family are named after varying musical terms, songs, and so on."

She watched him move forward as he introduced himself, and though she backed up when he approached solid land, she couldn't quite avoid the collision in time. True, Gethin reached land safely, his paws finding solid earth and just barely missing her own. But backing away though she had been, she still wound up with her face crashed into his chest and his throat and jaw just missing her horn. Slinking backward, she shook her head a bit to clear her head and gave a weak laugh. "Well, that wasn't very well done of us, was it?"

Wordcount: 388  

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

Saint Vis

Crew

Timid Prophet

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 6:11 pm
It was definitely because Gethin didn't want to be caught staring? He was unsure what his mind was saying to him to flee from the more the mare spoke to him. Her snow falling on her paws from her ice shattering made him think for a moment of his uncle. Monfulta's shadows dripping off his frame and the often coughing up of sparkles dancing down his front and sticking to the odd plasma? of the shadows that formed and splattered on the ground and fled from the sunlight.

Gethin's fur tended to move like a hurricane on his legs. Potentially the boy could drip shadows but it took him for a long time to shed such a drop. Instead his shadows were dotted all over his frame dissected by his piebald patterns that crawled around his neck like a cowl and over his canine ears. "Mmh. Yes the herd I was born in is very.. Different from the usual customs here." He stated in a kind retort.

As he skipped into her just after the naming comment she had made. He felt his paws grip the earth below them. As she backed away he felt his body shake a little trying to hold the awkward pose till he felt her horn shift away from his throat. Lowering his head lightly to watch her frame. If Soquili could blush; Gethin would register in such a way. He felt like an idiot, an embarrassed mess if you would. "A--Are you ok?" He'd ask, his voice pitching lower than my high school grades and not-so-confident. Hearing her laugh, his canine ears tucked towards his deep blue hair. Shifting his frame so his signature flopped back to the ground from being tossed around in his step that had made him fail.

He looked her over as she spoke a joking sentence to her. "Ah.. I like to.. come into things with a head-on collision.." Said no Gethin ever. "D..Did I hurt you? I am rather.. tall." He stood towering over her for sure. His eyes flickering to her ice as he heard a shatter and for a second he was transfixed now that he was so close to her. Perhaps something came over him, a possession from Peska, to make the shy and peculiar Gethin to reach out and nose at the ice at the nape of her neck to see if it was cold. No matter the degree of the ice he leaned his head back and then shook his head in reaction. "Oh gosh.. I am so sorry. I was v..v..very interested in if it wa..s cold! My Uncle drips shadows and they ar..are awfully chilly.. I am making a fool of myself!"

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games