Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[Forge PRP] Herbology 101 (Malthir/Lunellis)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

moonlit-raven

Feral Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:36 am
Between Malthir (moonlit-raven) and Lunellis Starfall (swordofthedarkones).

Being in such a remote part of the Kawani lands, The Forgemaster has had to learn to fend for himself. However, sometimes he needs a little extra help and relies on the local plants to create potions and salves to cure his ailments.

Goal: Find the herbs and mix them together to make a salve!
Instructions: Roll 3d6 and match them to the list below. These are the ingredients you've chosen for your salve!

You pick some sweet berries. They're blue in colour and have a funny after taste and they make your tongue tingle. (+1 potency )
You find some odd shaped leaves. The smell musty and you aren't game enough to try but how much harm could they really do? (-2 potency)
You pick some clear water from a nearby spring. It's cool and is the cleanest thing you've ever tasted. (+5 potency)
Your pick some purple flowers. In the back of your mind, you swear you recall being warned about them as a foal... (-5 potency)
You choose some aloe, soothing and cool. (+2 potency)
You choose some seaweed growing in the river. It doesn't have much of a negative effect but it's slimy and the taste is off putting. (-1 potency)

Now that you've chosen your ingredients you need to make your salve! Roll 1d6 and match your result below!
Odd: You have absolutely no idea what you're doing and you spill half your salve while mixing it! (-5 potency)
Even: Your a natural! Even if your ingredients were questionable, everything seems to have come together nicely! (+5 potency)

Reward: Tally up your score and match to the results below!
0 - 5 potency: Your "medicine" leaves the Forgemaster stuck in bed for days violently ill. He prays for death but also fears it has truly come for him. While he's sleeping, you manage to slip a gold piece from his coin purse. You did warn him that you weren't that great at identifying herbs! (+1 gold piece)
6 - 10: The potion doesn't seem to have any effect at all. He knows you tried your best, however, and he grants you a reward. (+2 gold pieces)
11 - 15: The potion has a pretty positive effect! While it won't solve all his problems, it does invigorate him and give him plenty of energy to get through the day without any groans or sighs! (+3 gold pieces)
16 - 20: This is the greatest potion The Forgemaster has ever had in his life! He swears you've created the elixir of life. (+5 gold pieces)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:43 pm
Malthir Iabi

Having little experience with herbs, Malthir had invited his grandmother's familiar to come with him.The squirrel knew way more than he ever would, and the stallion didn't mind asking for help when he needed to.

And for something like this, he really needed to.

"So what are we looking for, kid," Iabi asked, from his perch on the stallion's back.

"Herbs to make a salve."

The squirrel sighed. "What kind of salve?"

"You know, I don't think he said." He could feel the squirrel grumbling, but he ignored it. They were too far out to head back for clarification, so he'd just have to hope that they'd find ingredients for some sort of salve.

He found a promising looking site, one that was flush with all kinds of plants, and Iabi scampered down, and then off, intending to search out what he could find. This left Mathir to hunt on his own, but he noticed that they weren't alone.

"Uh, hey,"
he said, greeting the other stallion. "I hope we're not trespassing." He didn't keep much track of where the various herds lands were, but he hadn't thought that this was one of them. "My friend and I are just scavenging for some herbs for the Forgemaster."

207 words

moonlit-raven

Feral Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Team Jacob 100

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:02 am
moonlit-raven

Lunellis trotted through the underbrush. Astaris keeping tabs on where the low branches were. As soon as they got to where they needed to be. The stallion hummed.

"He said to gather herbs....think we'll get enough for a nice tea?" Lunellis asked the serpent.

"Dunno. Either way, hoping to at least not run into anything dangerous. You aren't exactly the fighting sort..." the snake teased his bonded with a tail poke. Lunellis flicked a ear at him. Astaris chuckled before the serpent slithered down to start searching.

Lunellis on the other hand, sniffed around to see what sort of herbs were here. After a moment, he raised his head hearing another sound of hooves. A voice sounded off to his right, the stallion turning his head towards the speaker. "No trespass." he smiled. "I was out here gathering herbs. And you?"

The voice sounded pleasant enough. Lunellis flicked a ear in thought as he processed the voice itself. Rolling the tone over in his mind as he mentally cursed the fact the other was downwind of him at the moment.  
moonlit-raven rolled 3 6-sided dice: 2, 6, 6 Total: 14 (3-18)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:49 pm
"I'm looking for herbs too." he answered. He was glad to know that he wasn't invading anyone's territory, and he began to sniff around. "I don't know much about them, but I figured I'd give it a try."

He didn't recognize any of the plants around him, but he sniffed at them anyways, looking to see if he smelled anything. Iabi had disappeared into the bushes, leaving him alone to try to figure things out, and he picked a few odd shaped leaves. They smelled a bit musty, but the looked interesting enough. That had to be good enough for a salve.

"Do you know anything about what kind of herbs might be around here? I'm from a bit farther away, closer to the desert." Everything stayed so much greener here.

He moved around a bit, finding some seaweed in the river. Seaweed was good for you, right? He didn't really care for the flavor himself, but at least it was something he recognized.

(164)
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

You find some odd shaped leaves. The smell musty and you aren't game enough to try but how much harm could they really do? (-2 potency)
You choose some seaweed growing in the river. It doesn't have much of a negative effect but it's slimy and the taste is off putting. (-1 potency)

moonlit-raven

Feral Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Team Jacob 100
SwordOfTheDarkOnes rolled 3 6-sided dice: 6, 3, 6 Total: 15 (3-18)

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:00 pm
moonlit-raven
You pick some clear water from a nearby spring. It's cool and is the cleanest thing you've ever tasted. (+5 potency)

Lunellis chuckled. "I'd like to think, I know my fair share of things. However. There's always something new to discover when dealing with Mother Nature."

Astaris stayed on his bonded's back. Watching the newcomer with a tilt of his head. "By the way, I'm Astaris and this starry stallion with me is Lunellis."

The starry eyed stallion inclined his head as he heard his name. "Lunellis, the blind herbalist." he introduced himself before he scented some seaweed. Questionable in itself, but he did taste the purest water he's had in a while so that might balance it out.

Potencey :: 5 - 2 =3  
moonlit-raven rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:57 pm
Quote:
Odd - -5 potency

"I'm glad one of us is," he answered. "I'm Malthir, and somewhere around here is my Iabi, my squirrel friend. It's nice to meet both of you." He had never met anyone who was blind before, and while he was a bit curious about the whole thing, he imagined that the stallion probably had more than enough people ask him about it.

"Being a herbalist must be an interesting job, I bet you find all kinds of interesting plants. I'm a Knight, so I don't tend to pay much attention to those kinds of things." He spent much of his time watching for trouble.

He began to mix his ingredients together, making a mess as he did. He lost a good portion of it as he did, and Malthir knew that he'd have to clean things up before he returned to the Forgemaster.

He had just finished when the black squirrel burst into the clearing, a collection of herbs in his mouth. Iabi had found several promising plants, but as the squirrel sniffed, it was obvious that he was too late.

"Malthir, what are you doing? Why didn't you wait for me?" The squirrel could tell from the smell and look of it that whatever Malthir had made, it was no good. "Wasn't the whole point of this that I could help you?"

"I guess I just got excited,"

The squirrel grumbled. "Can you believe this guy?' If he had known that the kid was going to do this, he wouldn't have bothered to come.

(-9 Potency - Malthir is very bad at this)
(255)

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

moonlit-raven

Feral Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Team Jacob 100
SwordOfTheDarkOnes rolled 1 6-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-6)

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:03 pm
moonlit-raven
3 - 5 = -2
Same boat xDD

Lunellis turned his head away from his own mixture to check on his fellows, not noticing that it had bubbled over. Astaris quickly shouted out, "Lulu!!"

Lunellis turned his attention back to the mixture. Quickly taking it off the fire and sighing. Yup, it was ruined now. Oh well. He set it down. "Even if its not alright for consumption, we may be able to get something out of this...."

Astaris blinked. "You...you sure about that?" The serpent sounded far too skecptical for the stallion's liking. Lunellis snorted at the small beast. Astaris' wings flared up in a mock shrug. "Hey, your the herbalist here!!! Sorry..."

Lunellis felt the sweat drop down his neck. "Maybe...." This was not going to end well if things weren't according to the way the Forgemaster wanted. He turned his head to the other stallion. "I hope yours turned out better than mine... let us be off so that we can get this over with." He started to turn away from the other. "It was nice to meet you however. I hope we see each other on better terms later."

Astaris slithered up to salute the other stallion and his bonded. "Fare thee well good friends. May the winds forever be in your favor!!"

The serpent shook his head as they made to go back to the Forgemaster.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:47 pm
He hadn't meant to distract the other stallion, and when he noticed that his mix had boiled over, he frowned. He'd thought about offering some of his as a replacement, but decided against it. His was starting to smell a bit like rotten eggs, and really, Lunellis's couldn't have turned out quite that bad.

Right?

"I hope so too," he answered. It was nice to meet new people, and even if their salves hadn't turned out the best, it had been an interesting adventure. Besides, if the herbalist couldn't manage, it was more likely than anything that the ingredients in the area weren't the greatest.

Better luck next time.

He picked up the salve, and headed back. Hopefully it was just a harmless mix, and wouldn't cause any problems.

(129- Total 755)  

moonlit-raven

Feral Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers