Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[ prp ] generations (soph/holleth + humans maybe)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:45 pm
"I'm gonna take some time still," Fela said with a sigh as she bent her fingers back and massage them. Several flower crowns had been set aside a group of perfume bottles. "You don't gotta stay and watch all've it."

Soph hummed. I suppose I could do a check in, he mused as he got to his feet and stretched. In fact, I could make a delivery or two, seeing as a few are finished?

Seeing who he meant, she grinned and plucked two crowns to spray. "Go for it. Say hi for me~ Actually, tell her I'm right around the corner, I wanna see how she reacts."

The true Turn's End gift is saving her from your terror, Soph said with shiny blue-green eyes.

He took the crowns over his tailfork this time, having not enjoyed the lingering, sour taste of the perfume from carrying it in his mouth last time, and began to glide down with his tail held up to avoid them being blown off. Reaching out to the younger blue, he called, Hello, dear Holleth! Might I trouble you and yours a moment? I come carrying a gift.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:45 am
In a few months' time, Holleth had just about tripled in length, but while some of his siblings were packing on bulk as well, the dark blue remained lithe and delicate, still capable of fitting a number of places provided he was careful about it (which he was, of course). Still, the time when His could have carried him - though she'd only picked him up once, when no one was around to see him in what he considered an undignified state, mostly because she just wanted to be able to say that she had - was long, long past. The barracks seemed more and more crowded by the day, purely on account of all the growing dragons.

The pair tried to spend as much time as possible anywhere but the barracks; nothing against their fellow weyrlings, but they craved personal space. Talis had previously tolerated life in the candidate barracks well as despite her guarded nature she could scarcely remember a time when she'd ever had her own space but with Holleth's influence added in, she was restless with so many so close.

So their rest days, in spite of the cold High Reaches' winter, were mostly spent outside. Holleth insisted that it didn't bother him so long as it didn't bother her. She was already pulling on sensible clothes for the snow when Sophrosunth reached out to him, and the little blue hummed softly. The older (relatively speaking) blue was company that he welcomed, unlike some of his more boisterous classmates. Of course, Sophrosunth, he answered solemnly, We will be out presently.

And within a couple of minutes, they were.

medigel

Meepfur
Crew

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:25 am
Then I will meet you there, also presently! And with a present, even.

That didn’t seem quite so witty the second time. Ah well.

Alighting some yards outside the barracks, Soph made sure his gifts hadn’t flown off during the short trip and waited for them exit rather than crowd the doors, moving only once they had space. It is a bit nippy, isn’t it, he mused as the wind picked up, turning his tail to safekeepings the crowns as he approached. Best to stay on the move today, I think. Any plans?

Meepfur

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:38 am
Sophrosunth's little joke was met with a sensation of polite amusement while Holleth waited for His to finish up her preparations. She wasn't so bundled-up as some of the Westerners in the class tended to be, and by some standards might even look a bit underdressed for the cold, with thinner layers and not quite so many, but more felt excessive. This was perfectly adequate.

Once outside, the solemn blue moved to offer Sophrosunth the very politest of boops, while Talis nodded a greeting. I rather like it, he confessed. We did not have specific plans, only to enjoy the snow and the quiet. The world seemed much softer and more peaceful under a blanket of snow, and that was very appealing to Holleth.

medigel

Meepfur
Crew

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:00 pm
Soph returned the boop most delicately, eyes a bright green-blue at how ritualistic it felt, and then mimicked Talis's nod. I would hate to take too much of your time, then, he said. I confess I was curious to know if you had properly toured the weyr yet, but that can wait. Time for oneself is incredibly important in a weyr as dense as this one.

Not so gracefully, the blue stretched his neck and tail to pass off the crown, struggling for a few seconds before managing to toss and catch it in his mouth. Which...made carrying it on his tail all the more pointless if he was going to taste the perfume in the end anyway. Oops.

Anyway, ah. Fela made these for Turnover. He presented them with flower crowns made of twine and "flowers" made of paper and some felt-type material, the centers which had a hole to snake the twin through. A loose knot would allow each to be adjusted, especially for growing Holleth. They smelled like fresh mint with a hint of something like green tea. It was something of a ceremony she did for me when we found one another, and she wished to pass the sentiment on to some of yours. I apologize that the climate won't allow us to make true flower crowns, but we can rectify that later!

Meepfur

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:53 pm
We were given the official tour in the first sevenday, he answered, With special emphasis it seems for those places we are not to go. There was no indication that this bothered him; rather, he found it faintly amusing. I would be interested to tour the Weyr with you, however; I imagine your perspective must differ some from our teachers'.

Holleth and and his rider both watched with curiosity as Sophrosunth bent in such a way to take something from around his tail. It was Talis who accepted them with a bemused "Thanks" before offering them to Holleth for inspection. The pair conferred between themselves for a few moments, then Talis carefully placed one on the dark blue's head and adjusted it so that it would sit properly.

The tiny young dragon stood just so, head held carefully, and looked almost comically serious with his in his poise as he balanced the gift now arranged around his headknobs, as though afraid that any movement might cause it to slip. They are very fine. Thank you, Sophrosunth, to you and to Yours.

medigel"

Meepfur
Crew

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:25 pm
Ah, right! They would have walked the grounds already, of course. He would have apologized and left it at that had Holleth not expressed an interest in a second look. You're very welcome! he said, trying subtly to move his tongue around in his mouth to get rid of the taste. May it fit until a proper one can be made. You aren't beholden to wear it if you would like that second tour now, though you certainly cut a figure with it on. Er, nor are you beholden to do the second tour now, Soph added. Mine has heard of a few private nooks from the more quiet of the children here that I could offer instead.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:50 pm
Of course I will wear it. It is an excellent gift. Thought and time had clearly gone into it, and it would have been impolite not to wear it, at least for the day. Some might have hesitated to spend their day wearing a crown of flowers - His was perfectly happy to let hers remain in her hands - but Holleth had no doubts in his ability to pull it off. Ever-so serious and poised, the little blue somehow lost no dignity at all even with flowers adorning his headknobs. It is as good a time as any for a tour, as it seems we are both free? There is no telling when that may happen again. Weyrling schedules were crammed quite full, after all, and Sophrosunth was a fully-fledged fighting dragon. They each had quite a lot to do on any given day.

Talis was perfectly content to stand in silence as the blues conversed, idly inspecting the crown that was very much not going on her head, no matter how much she might appreciate the thought. That just...wasn't happening. Ever.

medigel

Meepfur
Crew

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas