Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[ prp ] just one dance (ulix/alumet + durgs)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:22 pm
Ulix was amphibious, socially speaking. Some days he was happy to lean into a group and take charge, some days he was happy enough to be a presence--one not easily ignored, physically or otherwise--and still others where he retreated to his weyr, where he could be alone with his thoughts and his things alike. But when major celebrations took place, he was a man eager to step toe to toe with others, be it in a dance or in a conversation.

And he liked to take the time to visit his...ah, what would you call them? Associates? Charges? One of them was now with a son in tow, which he was pleased with, because it looked so much like him, though unfortunately frail. Keris had taken the early delivery on the chin, it seemed, yet both were still recovering even months later. Ulix, caring man that he was, opted for a visit before going to the party proper, where he also deigned to give his attention to the other women who had come to him for help, sometimes with a kiss, sometimes with a touch or a smile. Each was different in their own way, and he pulled out the appropriate action to please them.

With that business done, pleasure could now be pursued.

Ulix was understood as a proud man, for those that bothered to remember him. Arrogant, even, though he took offense. Arrogance meant there was false confidence in something, and he was never fake in what he could do. Several turned away as he passed, but he whistled merrily nonetheless, as if a small pack of canines were at his heels, ready for the hunt. But the quarry didn't need to be flushed out today. No, the sweet goldrider seemed at home mingling with the people, and sure enough Ulix found her in the middle of conversation with others.

"Excuse me," he said as he approached, his head bowed slightly, his smile winsome. "Might I have the next dance, Alumet? I'm afraid I owe you at least one while I have the chance."

Outside, Argoth sat at the edge of the harpers, looking enviously at Eveleth's ledge where a handful of dragons now sat. His tail twitched in time with the music. He had missed a literal golden opportunity by not being more active at the Hatching, at ousting the traitor, and he had mourned his anxious indecision almost as much as he had mourned his loss at Fianth's flight. But at least near the music, it wasn't so bad...

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:54 am
In her navy and gold dress that hugged every curve, Alumet knew that she would be pulled this way and that. There was a pleasure in the attention that being a Junior Weyrwoman brought, and the memory of all the people only made it more fun. This was delightful. Being spun about this way and that, talking with so many others. Her hand was graced by one person, and then another, and then eventually? She was face to face with a brownrider that she recalled rather clearly. Ulix was his name, and he was arrogant and sure of himself...the sort that would use a person if she wasn't careful. Her lips pulled in to a smile as he pulled her away from the man she'd been talking to, "Ulix."

Her tone was warm and fond, as it was when she talked to anyone. Lithe fingers moved to rest just below his chin as he bowed his head, encouraging him to raise it. She rather detested platitude and simpering...which was part of why she so enjoyed his arrogance. It was nice, a good change, "A dance? That's all you're asking? How surprising." Taking his hand, her eyes glimmered in amusement, "Let us dance then."

Zenobiath outside looked down to Argoth from her own perch, slightly away from Eveleth and the others. She'd chosen more solitude than attention and as he twitched his tail, he would feel her mind brush his own. Calm grace, a Queen's Queen, Dearest Argoth, I find myself without companion. Would you come to me? Her tone was clear. This was not a request. This was what he would do, if he was smart.

medigel

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:15 pm
“I wouldn’t dream of stealing too much time away from you and your line of socialites,” Ulix replied breezily, though his smile said he might. “Faranth knows you need a three month appointment ahead of time for Zheria, and that’s if you’re lucky.”

The song the harpers struck was a waltz-like song, and while his physique was more tuned to hard labor, the man had the fundamentals down; one had to one way or another when they attended every gathering they could. At most Ulix had to turn his head more often to account for his missing eye, though even that seemed natural to him at this point. His callused hands were firm and casual on Alumet, obviously used to leading with both subtle tugs and direct turns.

“How is our newly inducted junior weyrwoman doing? Happy to be done with graduation?”

Argoth wavered for a moment before bolting upright, eager and nervous at being spoken to at all, much less by a gold. Oh! Lady Zenobiath, I-I— It took him another moment to process her words, and his hearts beat quicker, his tail twitched faster.

Normally Argoth would pick such a statement with holes of his own doubts and self-deprecation, perhaps pump it with logic even. But in the lull in conversation before Ulix asked his questions, he had blocked such mental attacks and nudged his dragon to take advantage. Rare was the chance that he could sit on those ledges, and rarer still to be personally invited. He could almost feel the weight of some stares from above...

Yet Argoth heard the command in the request, and while he wasn’t the smartest dragon, he was nothing if not a Good Boy. And so he took wing and landed on Zenobiath’s ledge posthaste, quick to tuck his wings and bow his head. The music carried up on the wind, and his tail continued to sway to its beat.

Of course, he added belatedly, wincing. Where was he permitted to sit? Or should he stay standing? Maybe she wanted him to keep the wind from bothering her? Wait, the cold didn’t bother most dragons anyway. Were others coming? He could definitely feel a look or two his way now. Um. Where would you like me?

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:57 am
His responses got a sweet laugh, a pleasant sound from the young woman. Oh, she knew well what people wanted from her, and knew well the perils that came from being so friendly a person. Nonetheless, she rather enjoyed the attentions and gifts that she sometimes got, the idle wondering sometimes coming that they might well be currying favor for when Zenobiath at last decided to take wing and call the males to her side. For now, the pair were content with learning people. using their own looks and attitudes to get what they wanted. There was much to learn and do, after all, and Zenobiath and the girl were rather content with what 'goldrider' had come to mean.

His question was what finally drew her from the dance and music. She'd been deep in her own reverie and thought, and hearing his question got a shake of the girl's head. As they moved through the crowds, through the dance, she was all grace and elegance, letting him lead off his desire to do so, deciding to allow him what he might ask of her, "Glad to be done with graduation, all too pleased to see two new Golds added to High Reaches' own numbers...So many things have come about that have made me a content woman." Newly inducted indeed. She'd been graduated for some time now, hadn't she. "But I must say, the attention I get surprises me quite a bit. After all, it is not as though I hold any clout aside from my dragon's hide. Strange how people seek to curry favor." Not as though she had any to give them.

Alumet was all too clever for that. There had been growth from the arrogant teenager that had impressed the Empress Gold a turn ago. True, she was still young, still had much to learn, but she and Zenobiath had tempered one another, "And what of you, Ulix. You and your beloved Argoth, how have you been faring of late? I've not had near enough time as I'd like to talk to as many as I can."

Zenobiath, on the other hand, was watching the male, listening to how his voice graced her, watching how she moved. The Gold was nothing if not the type to study others intently. For how would one be an appropriate Queen if she took others at face value? He seemed anxious, this one. Almost as though he could not believe her request, as though he doubted his own worth, and that? That amused her, and concerned her. How could a Brown be so self-loathing that he might damnably near tell her no?

When he at last landed, when he bowed his head, she raised a large wing, offering him a spot directly at her side if he would take it. The looks troubled her little, for she was a QUEEN and would keep whatever company she sharding well pleased, and with Aresoth called elsewhere, she would choose Argoth . After all, she knew little of the Brown in his own merit, only what she'd learned, Do settle yourself beside me, dear Argoth. You are hardly out of place here, for we are two of a kind. Do calm, and ignore any that might cause you distress. Focus only on the moment. She was ever so graceful. He would come, he would stay near her, for she? She at least was sure of his place for this moment.

medigel

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:11 pm
-_Wish of Tevarae_-

“You’re at High Reaches, my sweet,” Ulix said, his good, piercing blue eye seeming to twinkle. “It’s as it’s always been. But even if Zenobiath wasn’t a queen, I imagine you would have people gravitating to you, Alumet. You have a natural charm some harper better than I could put to words.”

He turned her once in tune to the beat before pulling her close. “For what it’s worth, I only want a dance with a beautiful woman,” he said. For Alumet was right: currying favor wouldn’t result in anything immediate.

But Ulix was a bounty hunter, a man that knew patience won out over all else. And there was nothing wrong with brushing elbows with the upper crust of the weyr, however new they were compared to other dragonrider pairs, or with leaving a good impression, however brief. It was just good business.

“Argoth is recovering finally from the twin goldflights,” he continued, a mixture of dryness and affection in his tone. “He always gets so worked up and takes months to mend his broken hearts if he fails. But he was very close this time with Fianth, so it was especially difficult to lose to an outsider.” There was the barest inflection on the last word.

If nothing else, Argoth knew how to listen to orders. He loved being second in command so to speak, which was why he loved HisUlix so: the confidence, the intelligence, even the arrogance and pride were traits he craved. And the brown should have known better than to just grovel at another beautiful gold, even if she was speaking directly to him, wanted him close—!

Shaking himself a little, Argoth padded to her side as directed, eyes whirling with nervous delight as he took a seat under her wing. He was a good boy: he didn’t fidget.

I’m honored, lady gold, he said, trying not to keep his head bowed every time he addressed her. Um. How is your night going?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:58 am
She would be lying if she said that she did not find pleasure in being called 'my sweet'. Or in Ulix's attentions. He was a good looking man, and flattery was nice. She'd been bouncing between partners since after her graduation, idly entertained by each and every one of them. Ulix would be the latest in a string, but he'd also be the first one since she'd decided to start taking a bit more caution with her own heart. "Flattery will only get you some places, dear Ulix~." Came her soft croon.

And then she was pressed to his body, her fingers against a strong chest, her eyes studying his face as they moved with the music, "Only a dance, he says, and yet I wonder." Her voice was sweet, but it was clear. The child she'd been? She was a fool no longer. Though she might consider taking a charmer like him to her weyr for a night, it was not so easy to fool her good heart...it would take time now. "Poor thing...Loss is never easy, but it's a part of life." Spinning away from him, she laughed, before dancing back to his side, "And outsiders happen."

When at last the other joined her, Zenobiath's wing draped over him, a gentle gesture as she relaxed against him. He was a nervous creature, wasn't he? Strange, for most males. She wasn't used to males being nervous around her at all. Confident...Desirous, sure. Nervous like this? No, Well enough, dear Argoth. And yours? Yours and Mine seem to be entertaining themselves rather well. Interesting.

medigel

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers