Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Compliments and Adoration (Bossuth & Cythereath)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:03 pm
Now this, today was a brilliant day, a day for... exploration? Something else? It was still cold and bright outside in all the best ways, even if Bossuth was a fan of something slightly warmer. R'iz had promised him time and again that 'Summer' would be one of his favorite months, that he'd find the warmth wrapping his body up to be comforting, even in the midst of training and lessons. Despite what he had experienced thus far in his short little life, the tiny bronze was excited for all the things to come, all the experiences that one turn could bring him. But he was also terrified beyond reason for them all as well. More in that his brother had made him so.

"I'm the only one you can trust" still hung in the air between them despite them both being Impressed to different men with different personalities. Or maybe closer to the same than they believed? Though that could have just been his own desires for everyone to get along.

R'iz had run back up to their barracks to grab... something, Bossuth wasn't entirely clear on what sort of metal he'd been going for. Either way it had left him alone for a bit in the hall outside their classroom so he'd wandered down to go peer outside and see the brilliant light outside since he would be relegated to being indoors for lessons for a bit. Though even now that was getting to be a little... cramped. At least he hadn't grown as swiftly as his much more majestic and large brother or some of his own clutch-mates.

Just a stunted little one was he and likely always would be, but Bossuth could at least take heart in that R'iz always found ways to show him that he was fantastic. Even now he could sense in the man's mind that the metal he was grabbing was something for both him and Yulaniath. As if he wasn't already covered in bits and bobs of shiny metal that seemed to match his own sheen. Just thinking about it he shook his head and took in how the rings around his head knobs felt, eyes dancing a rainbow of greens and blues.

Maybe his Radish would forgive him if he went out and felt the sun against his hide, just let himself get a little warm rather than being in a chilly stone hallway? Gently and almost shyly, Bossuth crept into a beam, sunlight sparkling down his hide and the little metal adornments his rider had added to places. Purples sparked all along the facets of his eyes for the care in those little bits and he shook out his wings a bit to see the cuffs along them dazzle as well before stepping fully outside into the sunlight.

Even if he had to go back inside for lessons, maybe he could convince his to slip out and look at the moon later? See what it was like at night when only a few were still awake and moving around, it sounded exciting and a little calmer, like there wouldn't be as many dangers or stresses out there at night. R'iz was certain to say no but he could still ask!

Without warning he gave a little bugle and lept into a shadow before bouncing back out into the sun again, careful not to get too far from the entrance to the hallway lest his be cranky that he left, though he could tell from the feeling between their connection that he wouldn't be. Bossuth was thrilled just to be out and having a small bit of fun, it made him feel like any other dragon for just a moment.

Uta
He demanded play. XD Forgive me.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:58 pm
Cythereath was an independent little green, and at the moment, terribly bored and terribly lonely. Hers had been caught up studying in the Barracks, and while she was ready to go outside and play and explore, Hers wasn’t yet at a point to break. There was time yet before their next lessons, time enough that Cythereath didn’t feel rushed; but the delicate green was feeling a little impatient, and while Hers finished up, was more than happy to begin her excursion on their own. They were supposed to explore things, weren’t they?

Slipping out of the room, the play green dragon delicately trotted towards the entrance, walking with as much grace and allure as she could. Ever imaginative, the little green could only imagine that there were others ooh-ing and ah-ing as she passed, making much of her pale presence. Oh, how fun it would be to be an adult, and hopefully capture the awe and joy of everyone she met. Her Ce’rian seemed to be more cautious in such thinking but little Cythereath was certain she’d be the talk of the Weyr. Nevermind that some of her sisters were competition--they could all be beautiful and still draw the eye. Honestly, at this point, all Cythereath wanted was love, and to be loved, and adored. It was easy to imagine such a thing, and it was something the little green gave a sigh about even as she stepped into the light.

Oh, but a flash of something pale caught her eye; something that stood out against the white light of day and the reflection of the High Reaches snow. Reverie cast aside, the little green focused on the source, and her eyes whirled a bright blue-green with pleasure at who she saw. Bossuth! The little bronze (for he was quite little) was outside, and that meant she no longer had to be alone. Giving a welcoming croon in greeting, the little green stepped daintily into the soft snow, even as she made a bee-line straight for Bossuth.

It’s much more fun to play together than alone you know. She spoke with confidence, as if she were some sort of expert in the art of games. Still, the little green’s eyes whirled brightly, happily, eagerly as she waited for Bossuth to look her way. Might I join you in your revelry? She asked politely, giving another small, wistful creel. She wouldn’t lay on the waterworks yet--she’d wait to see if the little bronze was open to the invitation. Such a small little one, but any attention was good attention and Cythereath so desperately wanted company.

”Hattaki”
AND FORGIVE ME FOR YEARS LATER. About how old are they again? I forget. LOL A few moths?

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:21 am
Still dancing from shadow to light, a game that meant nothing but was fun all the same, a voice sparkled through his mind and a pale green form stepped carefully near him on the snow that lay in a blanket across the Bowl. It was still early enough that the Candidates clearing it hadn't quite made it to where the two were currently, they had lessons too after all. Or at least so his Radish told him, he could see it in his memories. Lots of lessons in fact.

Giving a chirp, Bossuth froze for a moment in the sunlight and tucked his crooked tail beneath a wing shyly, head ducking just a bit in his beautiful cousin's presence. And beautiful Cythereath was, with each day in lessons he'd seen her growing right alongside himself and the others but she was very pretty and pale. The tiny bronze debated for just a moment over whether he was worth her time or not, Alquemieth would have told him to remove himself from her presence before he insulted her, or something similar. He could almost hear his brother's voice as if the larger bronze were saying it himself and he wasn't imagining it.

Still she was family and he always had more fun with others when playing. Of course you can! I'm sorry in advance that I'm not all that fun, everyone tells me I'm slow and boring. Bossuth laughed nervously and ducked his head just a little bit more, the jewelry on his body catching the light. Shyly he scooped up some of the snow and tossed it into the air as if it were snowing all over again. After his first encounter with it out of the infirmary he'd discovered that it was a lot more fun to play in snow rather than eat it, but as many had pointed out he was rather an idiot for not realizing that before, he made certain not to bring it up anymore. Still, every time he saw snow it reminded him of the first time, even if just his foolishness. It made him happy.

What games do you like to play? He offered gently, fluttering his wings against the falling snow before it all landed, it was only after a moment that he realized his apparently ridiculous crooked tail was visible again and covered it up once more. It was easy to embarrass himself, but he didn't want to embarrass others by being seen with him unless they wanted to, so he could at least try and hide it.

All while trying to hide his excitement that someone wanted to play with him.

Uta
About two months after they hatched. lol XD And please, I'm SO friggin slow right now.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:31 pm
Cythereath gazed upon her larger cousin with nothing but pleasure. Though he seemed to want to hide his tail from her, the little lady didn’t seem to take much note. Sure, he was small and his tail a bit peculiar, but what did that matter? She certainly wasn’t going to say an ill word about him, never! Ever the little darling, the little green wasn’t shy or embarrassed to be seen with him--especially as he seemed open to giving her some attention!

Her eyes whirled a bright blue-purple, for there was always purple tones in her gaze, and she crooned assuringly at the bronze. What cruel things to say… The little green gave a pained cheap on his behalf, a flash or red rolling through her eyes before her blue-purple returned. You don’t seem slow or boring, and you look to be having nothing but fun. Don’t listen to all that nonsense. The little green assured, giving her own tail a mild flick of annoyance on his behalf. What a terrible thing to say, especially to a dragon. While Cythereath was a vain creature, she wasn’t cruel or heartless. In fact, while some of her sisters might turn their snout up, Cythereath was rather opportunistic with who she chose to be seen with. It wasn’t about looks when she was the prettiest green in the room, after all.

Hoping to distract the bronze, the little green trotted playfully around Bossut, reaching down to toss up another small bit of snow with her snout in mimicry. Do you like the snow? It’s awfully pretty when it catches the light. She gave a small snort at a few flakes, eyes whirling a brighter shade of blue as she watched them flutter down around them.

I like all sorts of games, really. Chasing, wrestling, tug-of-war, hide-and-seek… The little green considered all the games that she’d ever been able to play with other dragons. The more contact, the better for Cythereath. Swimming is also fun, though Mine refuses while it’s so cold. Such a pity, really, for the extreme cold didn’t bother dragons one bit.

Tell me, sweet Bossuth, what fashion are you wearing? It’s awfully pretty.

”Hattaki”

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:00 am
Just the feeling of someone paying this much attention to his unworthy self was making Bossuth squirm just a little, but Cythereath seemed to be interested in playing with him. After all, she had approached him, but maybe it meant that he wasn't bothering her too much or getting in her way? A swirl of green worked it's way through his worry yellowed eyes and the little bronze started to perk up a bit.

Not cruel when they're true. But as long as you're okay with it I'd love to play! It was true, he was definitely having fun, even if until now it had been solo. Other than Yulaniath he generally played by himself or with his Radish, this was going to be the first time that one of his cousins or siblings really wanted to. Bossuth tried to hold all of his excitement in at the prospect and fluttered his wings at the snow she tossed up, making it float up once more before landing across both of them. The chill tickled at the end of his snout and made him laugh. Maybe he could be just a bit of fun, he'd try his best for his cousin, being so pretty she should be around those that were equally so, which meant she should be playing with his twin brother, but he wasn't the playful type.

So that meant that he had to work all the more to make it up to her!

Snow is lots of fun, I've loved it since I first saw it out of the healers. I never payed attention to it sparkling though. Cythereath paid attention to little things, she was smart and pretty like the snow with how pale she was. A little swell of purple coursed through his eyes for just a moment and then he swallowed it shyly. He had no right to think those sorts of things.

Oh, he'd never gotten to swim before, Bossuth wondered if he would like it. He did like the water when he was washed, especially in any of the baths, generally followed by oiling that kept him from feeling far too itchy. Swimming sounds like a lot of fun actually! I've only ever played tag with Yulaniath and it was lots of fun. There were other games that he played with His as it took the redhead a little while to heal back up after the hatching. Generally it didn't involve anything that might make the teen have to be tackled or battered into the ground. Having watched some of his siblings and cousins play around with one another before, but being far too shy and nervous when it came to asking if he could join, Bossuth had of course heard of those sorts of games, but he'd only played one before. Maybe now was his chance to learn...

Her question derailed his train of thought though and a sunny feeling seemed to exude from him. Mine made them, he used to be a jeweler before coming to the Weyr and he makes lots of them. Would you like one so you can sparkle too? With how much was covering him and how quickly he would grow, Bossuth was certain that he could share a few baubles and R'iz would surely make more. He always made more.

Uta

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:47 pm
Cythereath wasn’t the sort of green to be cruel. Though she certainly was able to manipulate, and had steel determination in getting what she wanted, she was still a small little green, and she did have hearts full of love and desire. Bossuth might have looked unusual, but he was very willing to give her attention, and to play. Honestly, what more could a little green want? Thus far, Bossuth was being nothing but excellent company, and Cythereath ever content.

I don’t believe a word of it, and you shouldn’t either. She stated with a small little huff, eyes taking a hint of red of displeasure. Not at Bossuth, of course, but of some of her clutchmates who might be so cruel. You don’t seem like any of those things to me. Maybe it’s just a secret that only we know. And that sounded terribly romantic, too. Why shouldn’t Bossuth be a best-kept-secret? Honestly, to the little pale green, she couldn’t have asked for more than sincere attention--and Bossuth was giving it to her in droves.

Eyes whirling a brighter purple-blue in pleasure, the little green listened to the larger dragon, tucking bits of information about him away for future consideration. Well, we shall have to swim together sometime then! The water isn’t too cold for us, even if it might be for our riders. And if you want to play tag with me, I can do that, too! She half-spread her wings in excitement, kicking up a bit more snow in the process. Whatever you’d like to do. You can choose, and I’ll happily play. She gave a gentle little croon, hoping to add to the encouragement--and if that wasn’t enough, reached out to give his cheek a little nuzzle for extra emphasis.

At the mention of baubles and sparkles, the little green practically creeled in delight. Her eyes whirled faster, pleasure radiating off her. Oh! Oh I would very much like to sparkle too. How generous of you and Yours! How might I ever thank you? Certainly, Hers would have made sure she might have had the best of everything--but to have something specially made from a jeweler. Yes, that sounded most excellent to the little green.

”Hattaki”

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:00 am
She was kind enough to even say she didn't believe any of those words, for her to say that it was a secret only they knew, well that had Bossuth's head lifting just a bit higher than he'd kept it in her presence until now. Finally a calmer green flushed the yellow out of his eyes, he'd know full well that Cythereath was a wonderful cousin and clutch sister and had always been full of adoration and respect for her. A wave of such adoration came off of him at her words and he hemmed and hawed on how he should respond to such kind words before finally settling upon.

You're far too kind, but I've always known you were incredible. If I'm a secret you're a light that should shine on the Weyr. Truly, Bossuth couldn't have fit more respect into his voice if he'd tried. He hoped it showed the depth of what he was feeling in response to her words but he wasn't very good with them himself. Neither was His, so that was likely just fine for the two of them at least. Still, it made him all the more starry eyed around those like Cythereath that could turn a phrase so well.

This followed quickly on the heels of being told he could choose how they would play. Joy overtook him and he raised his wings to catch the glittery snow that the smaller green kicked up with her own. It fell across his wings and he bounced it just a little before letting it fall. With the nuzzle to his cheek he couldn't even hide the purple of his eyes that seemed to glow even brighter with each moment. If you wouldn't mind, swimming would be quite a lot of fun! And we could play... tag in the water? Is that a thing? Oh it could be, they could make it a thing if his cousin didn't mind. Truly it would be better than running and playing tag as he'd ended up having to hop to play it the first time thanks to his stubby legs.

His whole body wiggled with anticipation of playing and he reached up to pull off one of the rings on his headknob. Truthfully, Bossuth shone quite well in the sun on his own being metallic and it was just R'iz's own desire that he be spoiled to the best of his abilities now that he could which had him wearing so much. He didn't mind though and certainly didn't mind at all to share what he had with someone so kind and encouraging. You deserve to sparkle just as bright as your personality. he told her happily and held out the little ring for her. She wouldn't have to grow too much into it either since his headknobs were short and stubby. Truthfully she was such a pretty little green that this wouldn't quite measure up.

How was he having these thoughts? If he could have blushed he would have but he stuck a wing up to cover his face as he held out the ring instead, shyly. More than a bit embarrassed. because surely she wouldn't want to know he was thinking that way.

Uta
Slow as usuaaaaaaal. XD;;

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces