Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:33 am
Quote:
Nyaranau [HR] - 19 - she/her/hers - Weyrling of Gold Mictecath

Dusk clung to the horizon, sweeping brilliant streaks of orange across the celestial canvas, leaving tiny, twinkling lights to guide those still far from home. A pervasive nostalgic feeling permeated the air, as though the sun was reluctant to set. The air was beginning to warm, ever so slightly, though the wind was cold and snow still burdened the corners of the weyrbowl. Spring would come, as it always had, as it always will, and Rukbat would rise again. Twilight’s desperate resolve faded as night took its place on the stage, and the dance would begin again.

Chomp, chomp, chomp. Nyara inclined her head slightly, resting the side of her face against Mictecath’s forearm. The dragon had been drowsing in the dwindling late evening sun, and Nyara had been finishing the last of her dinner- a few choice redfruit- near the weyrling barracks, enjoying a relative peace.

Now, the growing gold roused, tail stretching to curl about her rider almost possessively. It’s getting cold, and we have duties to attend to… we should return soon.

Soon. Just a few more minutes. No harm done. Nyara answered, settling against the warmth of her beloved.

Hum… She vocalised a low, contemplative warble, then perked up slightly. Ah, greetings Nevidenth. It’s good to see you. The young queen gave a croon of welcome, eyes whirling with affection.

Nevidenth? Shells. A fellow weyrling. Well, arguably it was a large weyrling class, following a double-hatching; they were bound to bump into people at some point… Oh, right. There were humans here. Conversation time. Nyaranau dusted herself off as she stood up, gently climbing over the still-protective tail. “Hey ‘Star. How’s it going?” She greeted him with a grin, stuffing the half-eaten redfruit into a pocket.

houllow
Let me know if you'd like anything edited! =]

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 10:11 am
The day was drawing to a close, that much was for certain, and a Yu'star was looking forward to getting to rest. The classes and lessons had gone off without much of a hitch, though it was likely the weyrling would have a few bruises tomorrow to show for his efforts. Nevidenth softly chuckled inside his head, all the while moving so that the tail tip that wrapped about Yu'star never once impeded his movements. This was their time, or it should have been, when the bronze heard a voice call to him.

His eyes had flicked yellow for but the briefest of heartbeats before a rolling green took them over. My cousin. The affection was returned in kind with a rumble, and Yu'star was released from his clasp as the bronze dragonet moved to embrace his family. You are looking wonderful as always. Did you have a good day? It was always heartwarming to see how much his dragon adore family, though at some point it did make his rider long for the shores of Western. Like...a lot often. Yu'star was still bitterly homesick, not that he'd allow himself the thoughts.

He did allow himself a bit of a wince at being called 'star' though. It wasn't like Yu'star was ashamed of his name - he'd endured turns of it being mocked and played with after all - but it still felt weird to hear it from others. "Please, just call me Yura." He flinched again. "But uh, I'm not supposed to be speaking super casually to you, right?" The rules in regards to how High Reaches treated riders of rank was still something he was learning. Back at Western his parents had never seemed to give much concern to things like that (his mother would fight anyone over anything, really) and so to have to be taught proper hierarchy at this age was weird. Difficult, and weird.

Don't stress on it. I am a bronze, so we're just as good. Nevidenth's confident words in his head prompted Yura to look over at his beast with a perplexed expression. Well, almost as good. Right, Mic? And his slide into being overly familiar with a queen nearly prompted a heart attack from his generally level-headed rider.

Sweet Symmetry
i know this tag is really, really old! if you would like to drop or continue this RP please let me know!

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 5:36 am
houllow
I’m good to continue, unless you don’t wanna. ^^

Mictecath rose from where she was sat, moving to nuzzle her bronze clutchmate. Though they were not technically siblings, both clutches hatched the same day, and they were related: that made them family. He was as close a brother as any other of her hatching-kin. You are too kind. Your hide is positively gleaming! Your rider has made you look even more handsome- who would have it thought possible? The light, tinkling laughter floated between them, her voice soft and gentle as she moved back to admire him better. Our day went well. We learnt so much, and still have so much left to learn. It was almost never-ending. Of the rider pair, she was certainly more patient than Nyara; but Nya had passion and drive in great measures, and her stubbornness would see her thought.

What about you, my dear? All was well? No problems? Care and nurturing wove itself into her voice, concealing the urgency with which she asked.

As for Nyara, she saw the wince but could not guess at its meaning immediately. When he asked that she call him Yura, she nodded, her grin fading slightly. “Yura works. Imagine you’d been born a Lord Holder’s heir- and someday you had become Lord Star! Great name. But Yura is good too. Feel free to call me Nyara, or Nya. Most folk find my name a little… long.” She gave a short, airy laugh and a slight shrug of her shoulders. People could be very silly- and she was no different.

Yura’s next comment, on the other hand, caused her to frown quite openly. The mirth dropped from her face, her eyes clouding over- a darker, more chocolatey brown. “Why ever not? We’re friends, aren’t we? By force of sharing weyrlinghood if nothing else.” This was it, then? This was where the scraping and the bowing and the false flattery began? The fake friendships? Watching others perform a political dance every time she spoke to them? Well- as much as she was thrilled that every rider worth their salt would know her name someday- and every Lord and Lady to boot- she didn’t much care for ‘forced politeness’. It rankled deeply. “I promise I won’t tell anyone if you don’t, okay? Talk to me however you like. You never know- I might like you more for it.” She grinned at him, a little wolfish in appearance. It was fun to tease people sometimes- but hopefully he could see or hear the humour in her voice.

Mictecath, who had been privy to the spoken conversation, if not Yura’s internal reactions, tilted her head. Nevidenth, you are just as good as anybody here, as any dragon in those barracks. As is your rider. She glanced up at Yura, then shifted slightly to boop him gently in the chest. Don’t forget it, young man. You’re worth as much as you think you are. Just in case you’re worried, I think you’re worth a lot. Nevidenth wouldn’t pick poorly. She turned back to her bronze sibling, moving to sit beside him before nuzzling him once again.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:12 pm
Yura had to laugh, loudly and in spite of his normal self, at the idea of being born a lord holder's son. "My mother as a lady holder.....oh Faranth. She'd bad enough as a rider, but her with a tiny bit of authority and power? Pern would burn." It sounded like he was talking poorly of the woman who'd birthed him but no - anyone who even remotely knew Euryale would understand entirely. The woman was a force of nature tempered only by her husband, her dragon, and occasionally her two oldest children who ran around like hens cleaning up messes. It was just Aryale now, the teen thought a bit sadly. and he hoped she could manage it.

Though without him there to constantly be getting injured she'd probably be having a much easier time.

"Also my name is...er, was...Yurastar, so........" He paused, wondering where he was trying to go with that entire line of thought. "Well anyway, I'm glad to be myself. I don't know if Nevidenth would have wanted me if I was anyone else." He would have said a bit more but the sudden boop in his chest from the golden dragonet had him stagging a little from surprise and well, force. It may have been gentle but it was unexpected, prompting Neivdenth to extend his tail and steady his rider. Seeing as nothing was up, the bronze settled next to his golden cousin and appreciated her nuzzles.

Naturally. The smugness returned tinged with affection and humor all between the nuzzling. When we get bigger and better we're going to really shine. You better watch how we rise and then you won't even worry about not telling anyone how Mine talks to you. It was Nyara's turn to have the other dragon speak and Nevidenth's voice flowed merrily. If it had to be described in a sound, it would be the feeling of hiding behind a corner to surprise someone - an anticipation coated with mirth. And Mine, just accept her as your friend. You need friends here.

"I...have friends...." The weyrling's face turned red as he sputtered, looking away from his smirking beast. "I ...mean.... "

He doesn't have any friends. Nevidenth sighed dramatically and leaned against Mic, acting pathetic. Isn't it so sad?

Sweet Symmetry
a tag!!! it's older but!! if you want to still play let's keep playing!! if not please let me know

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces