Submit

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:27 am
With D'mon deciding to change things up within the wings it meant that A'dras now had a new wing with some riders he knew and some that he did not. It made a few things harder as it meant he had a new wingriders to get to know, to figure out how the wing worked together. There were a couple of questions he needed to ask each and every one of his wingriders.

If any of you have the time, A'dras would like to meet with you one on one. If you are not able to meet please do not fret.

With Gareth's words reaching out to all of his wingriders, A'dras began to make the rounds, keeping a couple of pieces of hide and ink with him as he asked the questions and made notes. For those who were unable to meet, due to injury, they were visited by a green firelizard with a piece of hide with a note from A'dras.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

So, this is kind of a drabble/form answering kinda thing. A'dras has a few things he wants to know about those in his wing and he is making note of everything that is answered. You can reply as an rp or just put the answers if you want.

Meeting with A'dras--If you met with A'dras in person, he would ask how you and your dragon were faring before getting into the questions.

Note from A'dras--If you are unable to meet with A'dras he sends a note hoping that you and your dragon are doing well and to not hesitate to reach out to him or Gareth, or one of your wingseconds, if you need anything.

The Questions

What are you're strong points as a Rider Pair?

What do you feel you and your dragon need to work on?

What do you think the Wing should work on as a whole?

Any suggestions?

Form

Any suggestions?

Teiha
Ay'ril & Bronze Yffengeth, K'ienn & Bronze Yisketh, L'ex & Brown Kratoth, Lucayr & Brown Tikth, A'myl & White Vivanakerth

Sinders Path
Nimueh & Brown Mharlith, L'rel & Green Devith

stella cinere
D'mos & Bronze Phaeth,

Meepfur
Herg'r & Bronze Hyglath, B'ran & Blue Nachith, Ellifrin & Green Harth

Mr Cheri
L'zar & Bronze Therinth

tatterpixie
R'nar & Bronze Aveth

Uta
S'del & Bronze Kindeth, C'lusi & Blue Macuith, K'din & Green Feyeth

demon_pachabel
W'dre & Bronze Dormith, Alosha & Green Phaedrath, G'lin & Green Neiveth

faesinger
Ahlalei & Brown Kalikath

-_Wish of Teverae_-
Aniela & Brown Xaphrith

Tsunake
G'ran & Brown Elzebuth

Shaddaling
J'in & Brown Irath

Andranis
K'san & Brown Seth, P'tius & Brown Lennoth

SilverLutz
Thella & Brown Lireloth

Prism Shine
Wa'ren & Brown Caironairth, K'vos & Blue Slistalth

Dea & #Teddy#
Ashlyn & Blue Gyafrith

medigel
Fela & Blue Sophrosunth

Smerdle
H'win & Blue Suuth

dawns_aura
Melisandae & Blue Zerouth

Hattaki
Alythrae & Green Tarmath, V'gar & Green Ngawanth

Melomar
M'nick & Green Veledath

ShinosBee
Tyila & Green Mishaath

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:16 am
W'dre and Dormith - A previous hold over from old wing

The man was as guarded as ever, despite any softness that had come from how his life had been shaken up in the last Turn. Not unkind, but the emotional distance kept him professionally curt at best - if one could get him to talk at all.

It had also kept his answers very short - and relayed by Dormith, mostly.

What are your strong points as a Rider Pair?
W'dre looked to Dormith for a long while, expression as unchanging as ever. "Reliable. Unfaltering." We do not flinch in the face of hard work or danger.

The impending birth of his second child has him distracted.

There are many new faces on all sides. It is hard to judge a new set up until we know how it works by default.

Any suggestions?
W'dre shook his head. It was hard to have suggestions when things were still being felt out.

-----
Alosha and Phaedrath - New Blood

Phaedrath had gone off to bother a very particular bronze in their wing while Alosha fielded questions, the woman laughing after her. "I promise we'll be good," she noted. Thus far, she hadn't struggled in all of the shake up.

"Phaedrath is a perfectionist...but hey, I am too! Means we like to do things right, even if it takes a little bit right?" Alosha grinned widely. "Phaedrath is a safe flier and tends to need an extra step of certainty before she does anything as well so I feel like we're pretty low risk of jumping into someone else's way. Haven't yet!"

"Oh boy. Frankly, we all need a bit more experience if the bad fall we just had last sevenday is any indication." Alosha peered off after Phaedrath thoughtfully, but it was overall an unhelpful answer.

Alosha scratched her cheek. "I don't know everybody's strengths. Sounds like we need to do a general aptitude study of some sort. K'ienn had us doing lots of drills on foot. Maybe we need to look over everything that happened the last fall and

Any suggestions?
She shrugged. "Dunno. I'll admit that it's obvious you kept a certain number of your old wingriders, so it sounds like you just need to spend more time connecting with the new ones to give us some equal footing if we want it.

-----
G'lin and Neiveth - New Blood

Stop that. G'lin tugged Neiveth back as the green attentively checked out Gareth, eyes whirling purple. She considered it for a moment, before leaning entirely into her 'Helloooooo handsome!' approach to greeting the Wingleader.

The young man frowned, hands on his hips and shaking his head. "It doesn't mean anything," he said in his own defense.

"I'll admit that as young as we are, I feel like we lack certain experience. But she's really supportive and keeps a sharp eye about how we're doing and what we need to be doing, so I think we've got a lot of upward growth to look forward to."

As long as they didn't end up like poor, dear Thanoth and V'tre.

G'lin sighed and shook his head, like he needed to dump a load off of his shoulders before he said anything. "That," he finally said, gesturing off towards his distracted green who was still checking out Gareth. She likely would until one of her more favorite subjects of interest came by.

"G'ran is a good man, but Elzebuth is going to be a source of endless distraction for Neiveth." he added - almost a warning.

Tattle Tail, Neiveth thrummed.

G'lin shrugged. "I dunno. We just...do our job, to be honest. I think it would be nice to coordinate with the Weyrlingmaster to see about how practice drills with the little ones when they're big enough for it. I've noticed that passing stone can be dodgy in the thick of things when they're first starting for sure."  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:02 pm
Thella and brown Lireloth - New to the wing

Thella paused in scrubbing down Lireloth's side as her new leader approached, lifting a hand to give a small wave in greeting. Lireloth did a similar motion but with his wings, opening and shutting them briefly before folding them tight against his back to relax. He had been holding one open a bit to let Thella reach where it usually covered.

"Doing well," the rider said, giving a little smirk and a nod. She didn't mind the change-up one bit, but this would be her time to get a read on her new wingleader as well as him getting to know them.

"We aren't afraid of a little pain. You can count on us when the shifts are changing and things get a little chaotic. Lireloth is a graceful beast for one of his size and he does well to keep an eye on his fellow dragon's backs for them."

Thella is very courageous, moreso than I, but she inspires me to fly faster, harder, and longer. She gives me energy and drive while I keep her safe.

"His sharding flirting. It never ends! He'll chase any dragon, any time! It's exhausting for both of us, especially when Thread is falling more frequently. He's not bad during fighting Thread itself, but any other moment he's making eyes at someone."

You say that like it's a bad thing, Thella! My dearest rider, on the other hand, is a bit too free-spirited for her own good. She has some authority issues from time to time, although it's more on a grand scale rather than a personal one.

Thella glared up at Lireloth who shrugged his shoulders. Both of her parents had been High Reaches riders who left because they didn't care for how strict the rules were, and often times the brown and his rider had thought about transferring to Western. After the slight from the Western dragon at the last Hatching, though, she had decided against it.

"Teamwork and getting to know how the others tick. If I think you're going to go left and you go right, we're going to have problems. Training as much as we can until we're a seamless wing is important."

Or perhaps just the getting to know each other part. I've not yet met many of the lovely dragons in this wing and I'd certainly appreciate getting to speak to them. A teasing caress brushed over Gareth's mind, letting the lead dragon know he did mean everyone.

Any suggestions?
"None I can think of. Haven't trained yet, have we? Don't worry, you'll know if I think of something."

Yes, you will know...did I mention she's a bit of a handful? Like trying to herd felines when she really gets going...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:23 pm
Nimueh and Brown Mharlith -New Wing seconds. Were previously wing seconds of Tornado wing.

Nim was using all her current free time down in healer hall. Though she was dedicated to her wing she also felt the pang to attend to her old calling and previous trade. She was still working slowly towards Mastery despite the vast majority of her time being dominated by her position and of course her beloved Mharlith. Luckily the two roles weren't always mutually exclusive.

So when the new wing leaders request came through she asked Mharlith to ask for some time to finish her work in healer hall with a promise to attend the new wing leader as soon as she was finished.

Once she was done the sun was already dipping behind the raised sides of the weyr but a promise was a promise and she summoned Mharlith to fly them up to the wing leaders weyr. As well as fore warn the pair of their impending arrival.

Mharlith alighted on Gareth's weyr ledge politely taking up as little space as possible. A difficult feel for the hulking body of the brown who was at the upper end of the scale for his colour and bigger than many of his bronze shaded kin.
Nim slid off Mharlith's neck, dusted down her skirts and proceeded into the weyr proper. "Wing leader A'dras." Her smile was radiant as she bowed to the man who would lead her new wing. Nim herself was a matronly women of middling years. Fit but with a little extra fat around her stomach and thighs, a few laughter lines around her eyes, some hints of early grey in her shoulder length brown hair and a round kindly face. "A pleasure to meet you and I am quite well thankyou for asking. I am sorry that we are meeting later than I intended. I am Nimueh, your new wing second, the hulking werry sharing your Gareth's ledge is my brown Mharlith." She told him introducing them both before taking a seat.
"Oh I almost forgot..." she reached into the folds of her skirts and produced a brown tan pouch, handing it to him. "This is tea of my own design, taking on the position of wing leader, (especially when thread is falling) is not an easy task. Even the best of us feel the pressure keenly sometimes, if you brew that tea and take it with a spoonful of honey I grantee it will held rejuvenate mind and body. Though it should not be used as a substitute for genuine rest."

With that she sat back to listen to his questions.

Nim considered the question before waving her hand at the pouch she had just handed him. "As you have probably already surmised I am a healer as well as a dragon rider. Specifically I am a mind healer. Within the weyr we are all trained as warriors against thread. And the leadership is very good at training the bodies and bonds of the riders in their care. After all High reaches was the only one to keep the training practices alive through the turns. However every rider is still human. Like anyone facing life and death situations, especially when putting their beloved bonds wellfare on the line the pressure can become to much. The trauma of seeing a loved one downed by thread, injured or killed can not be understated. I see one of my main roles inside the wing to make sure none of them snap under that pressure and risk the stability of the wing as a whole as well as the bond with their dragon. If the riders mind if unstable chances are their dragon will suffer as well. If everything goes well I can spot the warning signs and combat this before reaching the critical juncture but I have also treated riders deeply scared by trauma. On top of that, I have been a rider now for longer than I care to say. I have experience on my side. As well as Mharlith who is one of the biggest browns in the weyr and has the stamina to match."

Mharlith meanwhile had overcome his initial need for politeness and was trying to cosy up to Gareth gently nosing his shoulder. It is a cold night brother and your ledge is quest exposed. Come. I am very large and warm. I will help clock the winds chill for you! He cheeped a few steps closer trying to encircle the bronze protectively.

Nimueh sighed softly at the question. "Let us be frank. There are more than a few riders within the weyr that still have a problem with female dragon riders. Let alone brown riders. Add to that the fact that I am their superior. It can take time for them to show me the respect I am due. And I am will aware I am too soft on them. I allow them to cling to that hide bound way of thinking which then makes leading them in drills and other tasks a challenge. Though few are foolish enough to take that attitude into thread fall it has become clear to me, with this new wing and new opportunity I should try and assert some level of authority early to make sure I can hold the wing to my commands under you. " She glanced towards the ledge. "It does not help that my dear Mharlith is friendly by nature, he is a warm gentle creature and he does not like anyone to dislike him. He won't let anyone bully him but he he can struggle giving unpopular orders in a convincing manner,"

Mharlith was still trying to cuddle up the bronze on his ledge almost purring with contentment just being able to snuggle.

Nim raised a small brow. "Since their has been such a major shuffle of the wings. The wisest course is going back to basics. We need to make sure the wing can come together as a whole or we risk having the riders fracture into groups of the old wing members and the new blood. However that can be combated fairly easily be making sure we split any old friendship circles into new groups during training. Make sure that everyone in the wing can drill the basics together and we can start moving on to more advanced training."

Any suggestions?

The motherly rider smiled. "Funny you should ask. I was waiting for an opportunity to present an idea to you. I want to do a joint training session with a few of the healers. Hers why. Riders can communicate with their dragons and they know their partners better than anyone, they know what is normal for their dragons but healers know how all bodies should work. If we work with the healers for a session I think they could well be instrumental in pointing out weaknesses in the dragons and riders. Do they lack muscle in key areas? Is an old injury making their movements stiff? Does their gait or a menner in their flying leave them at higher risk of strain injuries? If we then use their advice to modify training. I think we could end up with some of the fittest and well balanced dragons in the weyr."  

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces