Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:24 pm
Thaliawen
Yes, so he'd never had to adjust to something new. At least not that he remembered. "She must be scared," he said. "That hatching..." It'd scared him and he'd been born to the Weyr. He couldn't imagine what it must have been like, as an outsider, to experience that hatching.

"I don't know how we can help," he admitted, rubbing the back of his neck. "I think if it was me, I'd want to go back home."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:28 pm
Dea and #Teddy#
"Yes, I am sure she probably was scared, specially being her first time. That isn't easy for anyone, not even those of us born here. Hatchings can be life changing things, no matter if you get a dragon or not. As to how we can help, we could ask, you know,"she pointed out.

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:29 pm
Thaliawen
"My first hatching wasn't so bad, but I was nervous," Ionan admitted. He'd at least been able to stand next to his sister, Kinye--and Tass hadn't been far away, either. "T'rel said he was sure I was going to be mauled, but I wasn't. I didn't cause any trouble!"

How they could help... He hadn't thought about asking the girl. "We could," he agreed.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:30 pm
Dea and #Teddy#
"Every hatching is different, since they have different dragons in their shells. No one knows what might happen, that is why we are prepared as best we can. And it is perfectly normal to be nervous, I know I was every time I was on the sands. And yes, I think asking is the best way,"she spoke.

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:32 pm
Thaliawen
"Can we really fully prepare, knowing that every dragon is different?" Ionan asked. His attention moved to T'ye, as the greenrider came over with a plate of bubblypies. When had he left to fetch them? Ionan hadn't noticed.

"Serious talk always makes me hungry," T'ye said, by way of explanation. He offered Dea a smile.

"I think taking dragons to meet this girl might be a good idea," he added. He'd been listening, then. Ionan frowned.

"Let's ask her first," he said.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:33 pm
Dea and #Teddy#
"No, we can never fully be prepared, but the things we are taught as candidates go a long way in making things go smoother. Sometimes those lessons are the difference between life and death. As for taking our dragons, I agree it is best we ask first. There is no telling how she might feel about them right now,"Ashlyn spoke. She smiled to T'ye, she should have known he would bring a snack.

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:33 pm
Thaliawen
But there wasn't a way to prepare. Ionan hesitated before he nodded in understanding. Their lessons had kept--most of them--alive. That one boy hadn't had a chance. "She might be scared of them," he acknowledged. He couldn't imagine being scared of a dragon, but then he'd grown up around them. He'd grown up with dragons in the family.

"I haven't poisoned those pies, you know," T'ye said, taking one for himself.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:35 pm
Dea and #Teddy#
"Yes, of course she might, not always good to see death your very first hatching out. It was a long day for everyone concerned, from some of the candidates misbehaving to the death of the little green. And don't worry, dear, we know that you didn't poison them,"she assured both. She took one of the pies and began to eat it.

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:38 pm
Thaliawen
Ionan agreed. Death and the emptiness of between, what that tiny green had seen in her last moments... They frightened him. He knew that he would have to face between as a rider, but the description of it; nothing... Was it better with a dragon?

"Hey, I behaved!" he protested, immediately. "They shouldn't let dimglows like them on the sands. Rhiyn went and hid with Demanthra. But I behaved!" He took a bubblypie and bit into it. "I don't want to get in trouble again for things I didn't do."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:39 pm
"I didn't say you didn't, but there were too many that actually did. Some of those who did may not have meant it to happen, but sometimes it only takes one little slip. The fact it was quite a few people is probably why everyone had to deal with the consequences. It is like in our wings, we are all a team up there and have to cover each other's backs,"Ashlyn explained, taking another bite out of the pie she was working on.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:39 pm
Thaliawen
"Tass behaved too," Ionan argued. It'd been dimglowed Rhiyn who'd run off to hide behind Demanthra. And then dimglows like the people who'd caused trouble. "But we--it isn't right. One dimglowed rider could make the entire wing look bad." He took a bite of his pie, frowning. "I guess it helps make sure riders don't mess up so often? Because if you do, everyone's going to be mad at you."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:40 pm
Dea and #Teddy#
"I know he did too, even Rhiyn did a bit, though he shouldn't have run to Demanthra when he did. However, as for why, it is more than because everyone is going to be mad. When we are up there among thread, it is dangerous to not do everything we can to do what we must. If one person screws up, there is no telling how that is going to effect everyone else in the wing. Say, one of my fellow Hurricane wing accidentally shot flame in the wrong direction and hit Gyafrith. It may have been one person's error, but my dragon was effected too,"she pointed out.

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:42 pm
Thaliawen
"So everyone has to act like one person to be a good wing?" Ionan asked. Closer than a team. "I suppose... But that accident would injure your dragon and the person who caused it needs more training. Maybe the whole wing needs more training, since that person trained with... Oh." Ionan nodded in realization.

"I get it. But I still don't like it."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:43 pm
Dea and #Teddy#
"I wouldn't say all one person, since we all have our strengths and weaknesses. We all balance one another, that is the way we work up there. In a way, the wings help one another too, because what thread those in the high altitude do not get, someone lower will. I know you don't like it, Ionan, but it really makes sense in practice. As you pointed out, you all need more practice,"she nodded her head.

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas