Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[Back!RP] The Devil's Due (Zeno + Elzebuth)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:53 am
Since they'd hatched, Zenobiath had kept a quiet, distant eye on her clutchmates. Such trouble they'd all caused on the hatching sands, herself included. Now that their wings were strong enough to lift them in to the air, she spent much of her time that was not spent in lessons? Flying. It was soothing in its own way, a freedom that the Gold took to like a fish to water. It didn't take long, though, before a thought crossed her mind, idly. How long had it been? Since last she moved to check on the rest of her clutchmates? The current thought was THAT one. Perhaps she'd been a tiny bit preemptive in her...irritation with the brown that she'd been avoidant of since the early days of their hatching.

Spreading her wings and banking towards a high ledge, the glimmering gold decided to send a gentle request to her brother, preferring to offer him choice, Dearest Elzebuth. If you would be so kind to join me, I would like to see how you've been fairing. It was asking, not demanding, careful. She knew well that with this one, it was best to be...gentle.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:12 am
The heat of the sun seeped into his dark, scarred hide, rendering the big brown almost drowsy with pleasure. Young as he was, he already bore the telltale signs of a threadfighter from the scores that marked him to the slight limp resulting from stiffened scars on his left forelimb. Elzebuth cared little about them either way, knowing they did nothing to detract from his worth. Indeed, they were no different from the scars given to him by his bronze brother--though those were a sign of his refusal to submit to one who thought himself superior. One who had been unleashed upon him by yet another who's worth was supposedly more than his own, simply by bearing a glittering hide. But he held no grudges, endlessly confident as he was, and didn't bother to think back much on those days. They had no relevancy.

As Zenobiath called to him, Elzebuth considered her words for a time. Had she called him to her ledge, he would have refused, amused, but refusing to go simply because he'd been summoned. Neutral ground was a different story and, he mused, the sunning would be just as lovely. The bulky brown pushed himself upright and leaped into the sky, acknowledging Zenobiath with a wordless brush of amusement and nothing more.

It didn't take long for him to settle upon a ledge near her chosen spot, tucking his wings back into position. Zenobiath. He greeted. A social call? How unexpected. He didn't buy it for an instant.

MaraRune

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:02 am
Her wings gently rested on her sides as he rose to her, the mental equivalent of a browraise coming when he actually acknowledged her with amusement. It was nice, feeling such a gesture after the animosity of their youth. Zeno could not help but worry about all her siblings, and Elzebuth was a strong fighter with a stronger heart. He would go far, but there was also such risk for him. Keeping those thoughts to herself, the Gold returned his mental brush with one of her own, fond and kind. Her tail slowly moved to rest across her forelegs, head stretching out so her full hide could take in the warmth of the sun. Perfection. He clearly was skeptical, and she could hardly blame him. They'd not had the smoothest of relationships.

Strange, I know, coming from me of all Golds. It has been a time since you and I dared conversation with one another, and I thought to see how you were faring, between our newfound freedom of flight, and Thread. She let him feel her intent. Curiousity, friendly concern, that of a sister for her brother. She did CARE. Whether or not her clutchmates wanted to admit it, she cared deeply. Her hearts went out to every single one. You seem to have been doing well...but I wanted to approach you on a level with one another.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:17 pm
In truth, after spending so much time with his G'ran, Elzebuth could acknowledge why his siblings had been in such an uproar over his antics. He still believed he deserved every bit of acknowledgement and attention as they did, but their actions reeked of insecurity. The Devil had never lacked confidence, and that hadn't ebbed with age and experience. As Zenobiath allowed herself to stretched out and relax, Elzebuth laid himself down as well, basking in the sun's warmth with pleasure. He allowed the warm touch on his mind, thrumming quietly deep in his chest.

I see. He replied, musing to himself even as he regarded her with blue eyes. I have been doing well, as expected. We have proven ourselves, and soon, the Weyr will not be able to deny what I am capable of. Elzebuth assessed the emotions that she exposed to them, and after a moment, found them satisfactory. In reward, he allowed some of his own to come forth. Calm, composed, confident as ever.... but curious as well, and a willingness to reconnect with his golden sister.

You have become a beautiful queen. He acknowledged, speaking more of the way she carried herself than her physical attributes.

MaraRune

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:39 pm
Thrumming her own pleasure, the Queen languished in the sun, stunning violet-blue eyes taking a moment before they turned to regard the Devil. He was a handsome brown, wasn't he? He'd come in to his own rather well, and...well. At his statement of his worth, she offered a low croon, a feeling of pride, If the weyr has not seen your worth before now, then it is upon their heads. You and Yours have more than shown the Weyr that you are worth much. Carefully avoided was the color of their hides, for while Zenobiath put stock in such things, she knew well that many of her own clutchmates had a rather...apathetic view towards the mechanics of Pern. It mattered little, now. Not really. He was impressive, and had shown great strength and skill.

His appraisal of her, however, got a trill of appreciation, as the deep golden Queen stretched out to show off, perhaps just a bit. She might well know that he meant her carriage and demeanor, but she would also take vanity in her looks. That was something she and Hers shared, and always would. [i[From you, Elzebuth, high praise indeed. I have tempered, and Mine has helped. There is wisdom that comes with age, and from talking with the other Queens. I've learned much. She felt stronger, more sure. And you. Your strength and grace are something the Harpers might well sing of. She spoke true. A waxing poet, perhaps, but Zenobiath was content to be such.

Such kind and amicable moments had been so rare in the past...she sorely desired them now.

Tsunake

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff