Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands
[SRP] Gone (Gepeto x Rhoma)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Shia bean rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)

Shia bean

Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:03 pm
It wasn't a far jaunt for the lion, especially not for one whose limbs were propelled by pure adrenaline. But it was made even shorter when that flicker of red seen but a moment ago turned out to be exactly who he needed. And wanted.

The fates were cruel in their games.

"Rhoma!" He called out to her, watching as she moved to elude him. It sparked more of that rage within him. It made him suspicious. She was the slinking type, but now seemed like the most inopportune moment to appear guilty.

His voice boomed again as he closed the distance with her, skidding to a stop at her side. He sounded hardly winded at all.

"Where did they go?!"  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:04 pm
She was, admittedly, spying on him... but had been doing so for months without anyone noticing.

Gepeto was a capable lion, there was no doubt about that. But he was currently in such a sorry state after Meshindi disappeared that someone had to look out for him. Kondo vanishing as well made things all the more upsetting and now that several of the children involved, as well as Zilly, had gone MIA well. Well.

Rhoma could sympathize with the heartache. And she had developed a bit of a soft spot for the big boy. After all, they shared a story.

However, her sleuthing and monitoring had always found Gepeto slumped in his den. Quiet. Still. So she didn't expect him to leap up and chase after her right out of the blue. It had given Rhoma a right fright, at first anyway. It had her moving quickly in an attempt to escape his view... But now that he was at her side, breathing down her neck, the red lioness was a little less fearful and a little more intrigued.

Her eyes, heavy-lidded and longing, peered deep into him as they usually did; sensing the panic. They?

"Gepeto, it's good to see you out of your hole." Her voice had the cadence of a melody and it was smooth despite her climbing age. "You're looking good."  

Shia bean

Prophet

Shia bean

Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:05 pm
He had no time. He had no time.

There was no time.

If Meshindi was alive and had made his way out, he knew they would be too far gone. He would never reach them. Hell, a part of him would hope to never find them again... he had no idea what he'd do if he did. But just... the knowing. The knowing would be enough. If they had confided in this witch with their grand plan to leave him behind, she would tell him.

Everything.

His gaze hardened, growing fierce in light of his impatience.

"Did they come to you? Did they tell you where they were going? Where? Where did they go? Tell me!."  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:07 pm
Ah. Yes. So the time had finally come. He was asking questions.

She knew what he was after. She didn't have the answers but she knew. And it was hard to resist the game which she oh so enjoyed playing.

A pink tongue made its round across her dark lips, while her eyes kept to their heavy stare. A purr found her chest, rumbled into the air before she moved closer to him, breathing him in.

It was a dangerous move, but she was keen on danger.

"Gepeto, Gepeto." She lifted a paw, daring to reach into his mane. Combing through the tendrils of darkness. Drawing them in towards her face.

"No one tells me anything."  

Shia bean

Prophet

Shia bean

Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:08 pm
The knee-jerk reaction was to pull away but he stopped, turned to stone by the touch before snarling.

She was toying with him. He could see it in her eyes... or he something. The sparkle that was always there when Rhoma wanted for something. Even if it was just to be entertained. But Gepeto had lost his interest in her. It had been gone long before his brother had left him.

Breaking free from her grip, he shoved into Rhoma, knocking her to her side.

"Do you know where they've gone? I will not ask you again!"  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:09 pm
The game was only fun if the stakes were high, and when Rhoma found herself on the ground; she cooed delightedly.

No risk, no reward.

"You have always been the forceful one, Gepeto." Drawing her hind legs in, she readied herself to stand. Or to run. Or even to fight if need be. "You've always been my favorite, you know that? Between you and your brother, it was always you." A smile curled her lips "I love how much you seem to hate me." To this end she hissed like a serpent, gathering her wits as her vibrant gaze searched Gepeto's own.

How far will you go, big boy?  

Shia bean

Prophet

Shia bean

Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:23 pm
Triggered.

The winding back, the single paw raised, the blow itself... it all happened so quickly. All of a sudden she was pressed to the soil, claws driving in to the sides of her face as her fur, already a brilliant red, soaked in the vitae. Gepeto was neither fazed nor moved by the look she sent up to him. A side-eyed, panicked, pleading expression that was rare for the fiery girl.

He merely waited.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:32 pm
At first she bit her tongue, and the iron which spilled back was nauseating. A cough, followed by a nervous laugh erupted next. She squirmed beneath his hold. She spit onto the dirt a crimson blended saliva. Suddenly the game had taken a turn.

This was different. This wasn't fun. He wasn't fun. Not anymore.

She spoke through a breathiness. "I take it back." A cough, splitting her thoughts in two. "You're not my favorite."

Her cheek smashed harder against the ground, being pushed by the weight of the reaver. A sigh would have escaped her, if she had the space to sigh.

"I don't know." Her voice caught. "I don't know what happened to them Gepeto. I don't know anything!" Her squirming continued.

"I...I don't know. I don't know anything. I don't know what to tell you! They're just... they're gone, Gepeto. They're gone." In this pause, there was nearly a sob.

"I'm sorry."

Shia bean

Prophet

Shia bean

Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:40 pm
The knowing. It was all he needed. He just needed to....know....

But she didn't know anything.

No one knew. And no one would ever know.

Gepeto didn't know what was worse. He didn't have a direction before, but now there was just... nothing. Meshindi could be anywhere. Meshindi could be dead. But wherever he was, he wasn't here. He had kept his departure a secret and that... that was still betrayal.

The tail end of his anger forced into Rhoma's face, threatening to crush it, before, diminishing into nothing. His strength faded. He stepped past her, leaving a print of her blood in his wake.

There was nothing left for him here. The only tether connecting him to the Stormborn had been severed and now... <********. Now what?

---

Rhoma slowly brought herself up, breathing heavily. Where was he going?

"Gepeto?" She called to him, following after him for several steps. "Gepeto wait! Y-you can take me! You can speak to Ulfied a-and have me! We... we can have each other." But the distance between them was growing. And she didn't have the heart to follow him forever.

"Gepeto..." she whispered, stopping. Staring. Watching as his handsome, dark mane disappeared into the foliage.

"I'm so sorry."

WC: 1220  
[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces