[CANDIDATES] Let's talk Back Up Plans [ complete ] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:58 am
For once, this seemed to be a sitting-down-indoors candidate lesson that Tonori didn't have to struggle too hard to keep up with, unlike writing or figuring or geography. He relaxed in his seat, letting himself take up more space in the room as he realized he could not possible give the wrong answer here.

"I believe I will be able to return to my former occupation," he said, speaking slowly and choosing his words with care.

It was entirely possible that he might find himself in a better position than he'd been when he left. Some hold folks couldn't help appreciating the cache of having been around dragons for an extended period of time, even without Impressing so much as a firelizard. Tonori's superior had been one of those. He wouldn't be surprised to find that he was afforded more respect than before, and possibly more authority. That would be interesting.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:14 pm
Oh, no. This? This was what they were talking about now? s**t.
Kaiator could feel his heart jump into his throat more and more with each answer, knowing full well that his own turn would soon be creeping up upon him. He'd made a hell of a mistake, then, sitting in the middle; it left him vulnerable to the queue moving around the room, but hopefully, being in the center of the pack would mean he wouldn't be paid quite as much attention. Kaiator didn't like this one bit--it was a question he'd thought of plenty of times, sure, but that didn't make it any less of a bitter pill to swallow. If he didn't Impress...

What would he do, then? Where would he go? He could go home--and walk straight into the jaws of everything waiting for him, for better or for ill. He'd likely die, wouldn't he. His family may be back in Nabol, but so were all of his enemies.
Eventually, when it was his turn, Kaiator sat up, looking as cool as ever--he flashed a winning smile, lightly brushing a curl of his hair back out of his eyes, and prepared himself to speak. Inside, he felt as though he was tearing apart just at the very thought of it all.

"I'll go back to my family's ranch, simple as that. We're beastcrafters." To his credit, there was no tremor in his voice, no clear evidence of the nerves roiling through him. Kaiator gently rests his chin on the flat of his palm, leaning on the desk in an effort to appear a bit more casual. "I'm already a journeyman. Perhaps I'll try to walk the tables if the fancy strikes me."
He'd rather die. Dedicating himself to beastcrafting of all things wasn't the problem, necessarily--although he hated the idea of being so deeply tied to such a life, the main issue was returning to Nabol. At least going out in the Weyr would be less painful than whatever awaited him back home, death by dragon or no.  

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:14 pm
A compliment! T'nus had--he'd given them a compliment! That had to mean something, right? Something good, hopefully! He'd even smiled at them, too, which...was certainly a marked change from what that last guy that had spoken up had gotten. Alisaide could count themself lucky, then! So long as T'nus wasn't gearing up to yell at them, it would be fine.
Tarroi's lambasting or no, the show of approval was enough of a spur for them to whip out their journal just in case it would be needed, fumbling with the pages for a moment as they leafed to the first (relatively clear) page they could find--only to be...slightly disappointed when it turned out that they'd just be talking about their plans. In--in case they didn't Impress.
Ah. Not the happiest topic of conversation, to be sure, but Alisaide wasn't going to shy away from it anyway!

"I, um! I've got my Harper training to complete, so I can always return to that!" they chimed in, trying their best to ignore the urge to fiddle with their glasses even more still. "I'm still really interested in it! I study in-between what I have to do here, provided I...have the time and all. That way I don't fall behind."
Faranth forbid they lose track of their studies. Alisaide would never be able to stomach that.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:30 am
Haveli, who'd been there and been mostly silent through all of this, spoke when it was finally her turn. She didn't have family here at the Weyr to fall back on, no fancy connections with people in strong positions to help her. It honestly irked her how so many instantly assumed their families would help them along if they aged out, forgetting that by that time they would be whole adults who shouldn't be leaning on others for help. Perhaps there was more than bitterness in her words as she opened her mouth and spoke. Perhaps there was jealousy for a family and acceptance.

"If I don't Impress and age out, I suppose I'd rather just die. I've no place to go, no craft, no friends in high places to help me out, nothing. I'm not weyrbred so I've no parents here to help solidify my claim - I'm one of those wonderful examples of people who get dumped off without a second thought." She shrugged, unashamed and almost uncaring if this cost her another chance to stand for having an attitude. If it cost her friends she didn't even have to start with then what was the downside?

Her sister was already a rider here and was somewhat secure, though as a whiterider what good was that? Haveli could not and would not lean on her as a lifeline. Arlie didn't need that.

"So my answer, Candidatemaster Second T'nus, is my plan of aging out stops there. I don't see much of a future for me unless I can somehow magically find myself in the bed of a rider here who happens to like my charming personality and wants me as a weyrmate. Or a drudge."  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:31 pm
Quote:
So due to RL happening I wasn't exactly able to get around to finishing this before...an actual hatching, and with a lot of these kiddos having gone on to Impress I feel it would probably be best to just do a shot stop for now! Thank you all so much for playing in this first little rough bump, and I hope I can run something again in the future with y'all joining in once more!

As always T'nus is open to be interacted with for those of you who still have candidates, and keep your eyes peeled for another lesson!

Zaikt
Tsunake
Princess_Feylin
Uta
tatterpixie
Andranis
Prism Shine
Mr Cheri

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff