Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:28 pm
User Image

The sun was just beginning to set over the Weyr, turning the air crisp with the cool of oncoming autumn and winter. Over the mountain peaks the little green could see how the snow-caps turned orange and gold and red with the last light of dusk, and it left her sighing, humming softly to herself. A low, almost melancholy wanting had settled low into her chest and belly of late—the need for something, someone, and though she knew quite immediately what it was, she had not acted upon it... yet. It was just... so very hard, when the object of one's affections didn't glance their way. Her hearts had woken quite young to love, and unfortunately been given away just as swiftly... but the one she sought, an older, handsome, hearty bronze, had spared her little more than a passing glance, a word here or there. And she couldn't blame him—despite all her growth, she was still only a very little green. Not even properly grown, not part of a real wing yet, not a fighter like the many, many, many others like her...

But while her hearts wanted to wait, to draw his eye before she rose... her body could not wait. She had tried her best, struggled and bit down upon the neck of her yearning to keep it still. But for all her strength, her hide had still grown to a luminous glow, and her eyes begun to drip with purples and even flickers of red. It was time. Time to give in, before her restraint turned harmful, for herself and for those relying upon her to focus in the battle against thread. It was not what she wanted... but she had always been the sort to sacrifice for the sake of others. And so she spread her wings, rising to her dainty feet with the sweetest of crooning trumpets, a silver bell chiming against the sides of the weyrbowl as she stepped into the open air, and caught one of the last thermals of the day, to rise and swirl overhead.

Please... if it isn't too much trouble? I know the hour is growing late, but I promise not to keep you long. But if you like... won't someone join me tonight? If only for tonight...?

User Image

About Zezollath: On the small side for a green, Zezollath is a beauty. She has perfect proportions, and is elegance incarnate. She is light on her feet, but her hard working nature means she has a surprising amount of stamina and endurance. She is not a weak green, despite her small size; but her rider had best ensure she doesn't push herself.
Pros: Loving, Supportive, Industrious
Cons: Clingy, Self-Sacrificing, Extravagant

About F'enn: Falienn is an almost perfect mirror image of his father when he was young. Dark, warm skin and flowing black looks are the family's signature look, but his dark lashes frame crystal blue eyes, rather than brown ones. His body is well-formed and athletic, a shade or two shorter than his father, but much more svelte and limber, not to mention flexible. He's got that same trim waistline, even if his shoulders aren't quite as broad, nor his arms so overly heavy-muscled. He has a habit of wearing makeup, either just enough to accentuate his already attractive face, or for some occasions much more, gaudy and bold as he is himself, and quite notably, a thick, gnarled scar wraps around his throat—a memento of a hatching day long past now.
Pros: Ambitious, charming, inventive, devoted.
Cons: Indulgent, insolent, nontraditional, lurid, occasionally bitter.

User Image

So, this is going to be a slightly unusual flight. Instead of rounds and stats and playing it all out, this will be a standard flat raffle. ICly the whole flight is playing out as normal, but OOCly, this is a simple enter-roll-win situation. To win, all you have to do is fill out the code below, and post your entry. I will make a list of the entrants and roll a winner on 10/20, at around noon pacific time. Easy, right?

General Rules
1. This is an HR-closed flight. Sorry Western/Weyrless boyos!
2. All players can enter as many times as they like, but each entry must be in its own post.
3. Feel free to edit your entry up until the closing point.
4. High Reaches NPCs are welcome to enter if you've got no one to enter otherwise (or just have no one that would ICly enter).

IC Rules
1. Greens are welcome to enter, but cannot win. Sorry ladies!
2. Blue, Brown, and Bronze entrants will all be given one entry into the raffle, with no color bias.
3. Zezo is prone to assuming that being flown means it's true love forever. Unless the winner is a certain dragon (and he knows who he is), this is not the case. Your dragon is welcome to develop a reciprocal crush on Zezo, but please know that her hearts in the long-term are spoken for.
4. ICly this is all playing out like a standard greenflight off-screen.
5. F'enn is not presently available for flight fun... in an unexpected turn of events. Unless you're a certain someone, who also knows who he is!
6. The bronze Zezo is pining for in the post above is just an NPC—it is assumed he is not in attendance.

User Image

To Enter, Post This!

[center][img="400px"]CERT OR IMG GOES HERE[/img][/center]
[b]Dragon[/b]: Dragon's name
[b]Rider[/b]: Rider's name
[b]Player[/b]: Player's name
[b]Color[/b]: Dragon's color (cause sometimes I can't tell if they bronze or brown)

[b][color=#30C957]Lovely Words For a Lovely Lady[/color][/b]
[quote]Please put a small love poem/quote here, to entice Zezo's affections! This can be something you find online, or something you make up. Quality has no bearing on the final results, so just have fun![/quote]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:46 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dragon: Aryath
Rider: L’iand
Player: faesinger
Color: brown

Lovely Words For a Lovely Lady
Quote:
My thoughts of you are like raindrops on flowers...
Beautiful.
My thoughts of you are like a rainbow at a splashing waterfall...
Beautiful.
My thoughts of you are like a full moon
shining through a cloudy night sky...
Beautiful.
No matter what wonders my eyes have seen,
Nothing compares to the beauty I see
when I look at you.
My love for you is beautiful.

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:23 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dragon: Luuth
Rider: S'deri
Player: Meepfur
Color: Blue

Quote:
The Passionate Shepherd to His Love
by Christopher Marlowe

Come live with me and be my love,
And we will all the pleasures prove,
That Valleys, groves, hills, and fields,
Woods, or steepy mountain yields.

And we will sit upon the Rocks,
Seeing the Shepherds feed their flocks,
By shallow Rivers to whose falls
Melodious birds sing Madrigals.

And I will make thee beds of Roses
And a thousand fragrant posies,
A cap of flowers, and a kirtle
Embroidered all with leaves of Myrtle;

A gown made of the finest wool
Which from our pretty Lambs we pull;
Fair lined slippers for the cold,
With buckles of the purest gold;

A belt of straw and Ivy buds,
With Coral clasps and Amber studs:
And if these pleasures may thee move,
Come live with me, and be my love.

The Shepherds’ Swains shall dance and sing
For thy delight each May-morning:
If these delights thy mind may move,
Then live with me, and be my love.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:51 am
User Image

Dragon: Yezmanth
Rider: F'vel
Player: Uta
Color: Brown

Quote:

Red star is red
Blue flits are blue
You're a cute green
Now let me catch you.

-Yezmanth

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:56 am
User Image

Dragon: Suuth
Rider: H'win
Player: Smerdle
Color: Blue

haikus 4eva
you are the light, a
bolt swiftly piercing my hearts
i am unworthy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:20 am
Dragon: Dhremorath
Rider: Z'von
Player: Mr Cheri
Color: Bronze

Quote:
There be none of Beauty's daughters
Lord Byron

There be none of Beauty's daughters
With a magic like Thee;
And like music on the waters
Is thy sweet voice to me:
When, as if its sound were causing
The charméd ocean's pausing,
The waves lie still and gleaming,
And the lull'd winds seem dreaming:
And the midnight moon is weaving
Her bright chain o'er the deep,
Whose breast is gently heaving
As an infant's asleep:
So the spirit bows before thee
To listen and adore thee;
With a full but soft emotion,
Like the swell of Summer's ocean.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

ShinosBee generated a random number between 1 and 5 ... 4!

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:12 pm
1. Brown Aryath (faesinger)
2. Blue Luuth (Meepfur)
3. Brown Yezmanth (Uta)
4. Blue Suuth (Smerdle)
5. Bronze Dhremorath (Mr Cheri)

Smerdle
4. Blue Suuth (Smerdle)

Congrats!! You caught yourself a sappy, schmoopy, teeny green! Please have her home by 11!

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games