Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
(PRP) Pregnancy Hardships {Ayelet, Oshin & Primrose}

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lunadriel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:23 am
This is a private roleplay for Lunadriel.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:36 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The journey had been long and hard. As journeys sometimes can be. The distance had not been that great, but great enough for a Usdia that wasn't accustomed to travel. This is the first time Oshin had ever left home. He should of told his family where he was going. He told his mother he would be back, and that was all the information he disclosed. His mother? Not an Usdia. But that's another story, for another time. So where was Oshin off to? Even he wasn't quite sure. All he knew, is that his mother is struggling with her pregnancy. She was uncomfortable, and with foal for so long now. Oshin worried about her, even though he wasn't one to voice his concerns. He stayed quiet unless there was something he needed to say. And on this trip, he had been talking to strangers every chance he got. (Unless they were dangerous looking, then he quietly drifted away from them to stay safe. He had heard the stories of the dangers that lurk in these lands.) When he talked to strangers, he would ask if they could help his mother, and if not, where he might be able to find help. it seemed a few Soquili knew about a herd specializing in pregnancies, birth and post-labor care. This herd sounded promising. Oshin had spent days making the trek to where he was told they live. It might of been a shorter trip for someone with longer legs, who knew the area. Alas, he had finally got near the area where he thought he was supposed to go. But, he wasn't even close! Not like there were any signs to show him the way. Standing there, quite lost, he pondered what to do next.  

Lunadriel

Lunadriel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:50 am
Aspen had wandered back to the area where his herd frequented. Chicory grew in the area, and his kin used it to help stay awake during births. It had been his job to make sure they were stocked up before they set out to travel, but Aspen had been distracted, as usual. Age had helped with his lack of attention, yes, however it still got the best of him on occasion. He huffs as he walks through the tall grass in the field, his proghorn hooves barely leaving a dent in the earth. He sees the blue of the chicory up ahead. No...wait, that's not a flower, that's a minature Soquili. He thought to himself. About the height of Aspen. As he gets closer, Aspen wonders if he's lost. This isn't an area that Soquili tend to go to, since it's so far from the village. He clears his throat and asks: "Excuse me, are you lost?"

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Oshin doesn't startle at the sound of someone being close by. He feels a bit relieved instead, so he could ask for directions. Lost? Well he hadn't considered it, but now that they mentioned it, he thought he probably was. He shrugged. "I am not where I intended to be. I thought the group of traveling kirin were here. They help with expecting mothers?" he asked quizzically.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:52 am
Aspen cocked an eyebrow, tilting his horns to one side. "Fate would have you not be lost, small Soquili. I am part of said herd. We have traveled from here, moving down South. I can bring you to my herd, if you are seeking aid." Aspen didn't question why a male would seek their help. Fathers came searching for help for their lovers often.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Oshin gave Aspen a calm stare. Healer proghorns? He thought they were a band of kirin. This might be less promising than he had hoped for. At this point, he'd take any help for Ayelet. He did hate seeing her so uncomfortable. "Yes, please." He wasn't bothered by the comment about being small. Oshin accepted that he was smaller than his family. They treated him no differently, so size never gave him any trouble.

"Alright then. I need only grab a few things on our way." he said as he plucked some chicory and placed it in the bag he carried on his back. "You can tell me what brings you to our herd along the way." As they traveled and talked the blue Usdia didn't have much information, other than a long pregnancy for his mother. Aspen nodded at him, and would do his part and tell Primrose what they told him. Once they caught up. "Sorry for the pace! We've got to catch up to my herd down this way. We stay on the move, to try and help as many as we can. We'll catch up soon though!" he said as he quickened his pace.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Primrose stayed at the back of her caravan, with her other Proghorn, Lace. She wanted to make sure Aspen caught back up with them. When she finally saw Aspen running to catch up to them, he had company. Primrose slowed her pace, to let Aspen catch up. "Well hello there." she smiled at Oshin and Aspen. Aspen bounded up to his sister, Lace, and huffed at her. "This is Oshin. His mother has a delayed labor, with possible fatigue. He doesn't know if she has a fever or not. He's traveled from the ocean to the south to find help for her.

Primrose listened carefully to the information, and nodded. "Oshin is it? I am Primrose. I'm glad you came to seek aid for your mother. A birthing can be particular, when it's delayed. I will do everything I can to help her and her unborn foals. It so happens, we are traveling towards the ocean, though not all the way. I will simply meet back up with the herd after I have helped your mother." without a word more, she ran up to the wagon her caravan was pulling, and grabbed a couple of bags. One bag had her signature evening primrose oil, and various other herbs and teas she might need. She brought natural cures for infection, fever, anxiety, fatigue and the primrose oil, to induce labor should she need to. The other bag had rations in there to feed her and her proghorns. She called out to one of the raccoons, asking for a couple extra rations in case they needed to share. Trotting back over to where Oshin was, she gave him a nod. "Let us make haste Oshin. Would you lead the way?" she said with a kind smile.

Lunadriel

Lunadriel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:58 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Oshin didn't say more than a thank you, before he began to trot away from the caravan of kirin. Part of him was glad it was in fact kirin, instead of a bunch of proghorns. He wanted the best care for Ayelet, and he knew kirin had way with healing. He didn't expect someone to follow him, but had hoped. Oshin gave the rare smile as he turned back to see the three following him. We are coming mom!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Primrose called out to her sisters as she trotted past them, telling them what they needed to know, and announcing where she would meet back up with them. They wouldn't move past their next location, until she returned.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:23 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The way back home had been much quicker than when he had traveled to find Primrose. He knew the way back after having to find his way around. He could head straight there, without stopping along the way. By evening, they were almost there. Which was good, since predators liked to come out more at night. Otherwise, they would have to stop for rest. "This way please." he said to his followers as he cut through some foliage, and up over a sand dune. The sand swallowed his legs up to his knees as he pushed his way over. There are areas where you don't have to climb the dunes, but this shortened the distance tremendously. He marveled at the kirin. She didn't break the surface as she walked on the sand. Her familiars didn't have that kirin force to keep them on the top of the sand, but they still didn't struggle as much as he did.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Primrose followed diligently the whole way there. The pace wasn't too hard, or she would of took breaks. She couldn't exhaust herself before getting there. A fast dinner with some chicory would help her stay up through the night after traveling so far. She knew they were close, when she began to hear the roar of the tide. It had been a long time since Primrose had seen the ocean, but she could never forget that sound. As they crested the sand dunes, Primrose took in the sight ahead of them. The sun had almost finished setting. Cool pinks and oranges reflected on the water, blurring the lines between sky and sea. One of her flowers blew out of her hair, as she closed her eyes briefly. Bending to pick up the flower that had blown into the sand, she walked down the dune. Scanning the land, she saw a mare further down the shore, laying in the sand near the dunes. A large stallion with rippling mane and tail, stood not too far from her. Primrose felt that this was where she needed to be, and walked over to them. She didn't pass judgement that Oshin's mother was a fullsized Soquili. Adoption is a beautiful thing, and Primrose had seen it many times in her career as a healer. The mare is the color of the setting sun and the stallion, like the sea. How beautiful. she thought as she called out to the mother who acted as if she would try to stand. "Please, stay there. I am Primrose. Your son is special." she said as she looked back to Oshin. "He has told me much about you. I am a healer who specializes in mothers-to-be. With your permission, I'd like to see if there's anything I can do to make you more comfortable."  

Lunadriel

Lunadriel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:36 am
User ImageAyelet had a glad heart when she saw Oshin had returned to home. Her children often left home, and she supported them as the sought their own path. Each time they returned to her and Mizu, her mate, it was a blessing. Oshin had stayed around more than her other children, though Hiruki and Kasumi were never far. The ocean is their home too.

She smiled even bigger when she saw that he was not alone. A gorgeous mare accompanied him, with two matching familiars. Such beauty took her breath away. Being pregnant had her emotional. She teared up a little, and began to roll around in the sand to try and get up. She winced at how uncomfortable her belly was. Her mood changed in an instant when the lovely mare told her she didn't have to get up. "Oh thank goodness. I'm not sure I could without help." she chuckled. She smiled as the mare told her why she was here, and her purpose. Her heart grew a little bigger, with the love for her son Oshin. How considerate of him to find her help. Though, she hadn't needed help with her other pregnancy. This one seemed to be taking much, MUCH longer. Time had passed since she last gave birth to foals. Her body had changed, and didn't want to let go of these foals.

"You are too kind. Thank you for coming here. I hope it wasn't too much trouble for you. I'm fine really. Achy, and very pregnant, but I'm not sick." she confirmed, not sure how a healer could help since she never had one before.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:06 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Primrose listened to Ayelet closely. The way she grunted when trying to move, and the tone of her voice. Even though her words tried to say not much was going on, Primrose could read the body better than the words.

While Ayelet was talking, Lace approached her slowly. "Nice to meet you Ayelet, may I please listen to your foals?" she spook with the softest voice. She didn't want to startle the mom-to-be. Pressing her ear to Ayelet's belly, she listened for a heartbeat. As she lay there listening, she called out to Primrose. "No fever." Then moved to a different spot to listen more.

No fever is a good sign. Though Primrose didn't suspect fever from looking at Ayelet. No fever, meant there was no infection. It meant the mother was in good health, and hopefully the foals were too.

Lace had moved to a few more spots, then smiled at Ayelet. "I can hear their heartbeats. Multiples. They sound perfect." her voice has an inflection to it that moms like to hear, joy. She grins and looks back to Primrose. "Three." she says with a smirk.

Primrose remains composure, and doesn't have the joy that Lace does. She's the professional one. "That's wonderful. Lace is highly accurate with these things. Though, the number matters not as long as they are healthy. That's a great sign that the heartbeats are normal." When Lace used the word perfect, Primrose knew that meant they were normal. They had been working together long enough to know each others code words. You had to be careful what you said around a pregnant mother. They could get emotional if you let on to bad news in front of them. So it was always better to stay positive, and communicate information in a way that respected the heightened emotions of their clients.

Primrose spoke to Aspen in a lower voice. "I need raspberry leaf. The wind here is too strong to brew the tea. Leaves only." The beach is windy, and building a fire wouldn't work. The two proghorns with Primrose, would surprise others with how well they worked together to build a fire. The two of them worked in sync, to make up for not having hands. No amount of skill could build a fire in the open like this, with the wind though.

Primrose took the flower that had fallen out of her hair, and went to put it behind Ayelet's ear. "I'm going to try some pressure healing, to help with your aching. And I want you to suck on these leaves." she said as Aspen reached down to pass Ayelet some leaves he held by the stem with mouth. "Chew the leaves, but do not swallow them. After chewing, use your tongue to push the pulp into your cheek. Suck on the leaves as much as you can. I am sorry they are bitter. It will help with how uncomfortable you are. Spirits bless you. Carrying foals is never easy on our bodies. We will get you feeling better." Primrose began to use her horn to push on tension spots around Ayelet's body.

Lunadriel

Lunadriel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:12 am
User ImageAyelet looked at the leaves with minor skepticism, and did as Primrose told her. She gave Primrose all her trust. She tried not to gag at the texture of the leaves in her mouth. The taste was sweet and bitter at the same time. Her eyes fluttered as Primrose began kirin healing on her body. It hurt, but in a good way. Ayelet could feel the tension releasing in each spot she healed. When Primrose was done, Ayelet sighed. She is so relaxed now! "Oh gosh, that was wonderful." she says with misty eyes. "Thank you so much."  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:19 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."My pleasure Ayelet." she replied when she had completed the horn accupressure. "I am happy to stay around and make sure things go smoothly for your birth. Whenever that may be. There isn't any reason to rush things, as it seems everyone is healthy. However, being that your foals continue to grow, this can make for a painful birth. If you would like, I can try to bring the labor on sooner? Naturally, with herbs, not anything that would harm you or your unborn. I will take shelter for the night, as I am quite tired after my travels. I would need a good nights rest for a two to three foal birth." she smiled. "Don't answer now, think about it first and talk it over with your mate. I will see you in the morning Ayelet. It's been a pleasure to meet you." she nodded at Oshin on her way back towards the dunes, Lace and Aspen right by her sides.  

Lunadriel

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff