Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Even less-good arm (Reya & Uta Peeps)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:15 pm
The healers had informed Reya that the injury she'd done herself during Threadfall was an olecranon stress fracture, and that it was usually something caused by the overuse of an arm in a throwing manner. In her case, it came from trying to throw bags that were too heavy, too often, in too short a period of time following several months of practicing doing the same thing after a lifetime of never throwing anything. She was told to rest the arm for six to nine sevendays, which was fine. Reya could follow instructions when they were given by someone who knew what they were about. The trouble was, Thread didn't stop falling because she'd hurt her elbow, and she still had a job to do, only now she had to learn to do it with her off hand. Hence: practicing extra in her free time.

I'm not sure why you didn't just ask T'of to practice with you, Raqi said as she helped Reya form piles of rock-filled sacks at various locations about a small portion of the bowl. The green moved the heavy sacks with considerably more ease than her human companion.

"It didn't occur to me," Reya muttered, still in the habit of speaking aloud even though she did not have to do so with Raqi.

You know I can tell when you're lying, don't you? Raqi pointed out, uncharacteristically short with Reya.

"T'of's wing is flying nights this sevenday and he's sleeping during the days, as any sensible person would. I thought it would be nice if I let him sleep. That's what friends do."

Still lying, Raqi observed softly, though not privately. Reya could still hear her, as she began tracing concentric circles in the sand at varied distances from the first pile of rock-sacks using her off-hand.

"Thank you so much for your help, Raqi. Don't you have somewhere else to be right now?"

Actually...I might, the green snipped back. She hopped into the air with several powerful wingbeats. One of her clutchmates would soon be rising, and she thought she might go see how it's done. Just so she'd be ready when her own time came.

Reya watched the green take flight, wondered briefly which of her clutchmates she was referring to, and returned to drawing awful, awkward circles to use as targets.

Uta
I know you're running a flight for Cythereath, and almost certainly crazy busy, but we'd floated the idea a while ago of having Reya practice throwing things with either Zyamel or Ce'rian after injuring her throwing arm during Threadfall, and I finally got around to starting an RP for that if you're still up for it. I am in absolutely no rush with this RP, and if you'd prefer to do it as just private banter I'm good with that, too. I just wanted to prove to you I'm not 100% flaky and actually capable of starting RPs.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:45 pm
Zyamel had been throwing bags of firestone since she’d been a toddler, or so she liked to claim. Having grown up in High Reaches Weyr, the young woman had known all about the firestone toss, and had thought she’d have been more than prepared when it came time to fight Thread. While she had the muscle and arm to throw, unfortunately, tossing stone from dragonback wasn’t quite the same as tossing it on stable ground. From dealing with the strong winds and the rain of Thread around them, Zyamel had struggled with landing her throws successfully. She had failed… and in front of some men and women she respected.

Her pride had been bruised, and her ego gutted. She was Zheria’s daughter! She had high expectations for herself, and expected nothing short of perfection. Though Venandith had tried to assure her, Zyamel couldn’t help but feel like a failure. She’d failed throwing stone, but had also failed reining in Venandith’s desire to stay in the fight, and her own pride for that matter. She’d kept them out when she should have returned to the Weyr for healing, which had cost Venandith dearly. He’d been injured and utterly spent by the time they returned.

It was a mistake she vowed not to make again, pride be damned.

When word came around that Reya wanted extra practice, Zyamel jumped at the chance. She hadn’t been sure how they were going to go about practicing--on ground or on dragonback--but any extra practice would be helpful.

So it was, a shadow drifted overhead as Venandith came with his rider. He had caught sight of Raqi leaving, but had no plans to do so himself. He could find a spot and watch the stone tossing, after all. Once landed, the dragon lowered his arm, and Zyamel slide down his side to dismiss. “Reya,” she greeted. “Ven didn’t kick up too much dust, did he?” She asked, giving Venandith’s neck a thump before heading towards the other. “I wasn’t sure if we’d be on the ground or in the air or what--hope you don’t mind a little extra company.”

”Princess_Feylin”
No worries at all! biggrin

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:31 am
Reya raised her good arm in greeting to Zyamel, accompanying it with a somewhat perfunctory smile that had nothing to do with Zyamel, and much to do with Raqi's acerbic tone. She was reluctant to speculate about how close Raqi might be to her maiden flight, given how much she hated when men blamed her moments of bad temper on it being That Time of the Month, but she couldn't help wondering if the green's tetchiness might be because of that.

"Hello! The dust is quite all right, and the company is more than all right." She glanced once more in the direction Raqi had taken to depart. "I think I'll be stuck on the ground, since Raqi and I seem to be on the outs, but it might not be a bad thing to get Venandith in on practice."

"I was thinking we could use the bags I've stashed around to try to either hurl upward to someone in flight or toss down to someone moving on the ground below." She stood with her good hand on her hip and surveyed her ugly circles. Reya had never been particularly artistic. She was very good at numbers and logistics, but even something as basic as drawing a circle was beyond her. Having to do it with her off-hand hadn't helped, but the fact was she was just a dud as an artist.

"Now that I'm thinking about it, though, there might not be enough room here for a dragon to maneuver." She turned her gaze to Venandith, inviting his input as well as his rider's. "What do you think?"

"Realistically, I'm going to be pants at accuracy or distance, but that's what practice is for." Reya really was a great believer in practice.

Uta

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff