Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:57 am
demon_pachabel
Nyaranau bets that:
1. Ruunan will Impress a green dragon.
2. More Western candidates will Impress than HR.

There had been time between drills to track down the betkeeper for the upcoming Hatching. Nya loved the thrill of these kinds of bets, but doubly so this time because she felt, in her gut, that her brother had truly come into his own. He was more mature in some unfathomable, indescribable way; he was less... airy-fairy and a little more steadfast. She wondered, for one very private, ego-boosting moment, if she and Mictecath had helped in some way...

We must always protect and cherish our clutchsiblings- they need our guidance... The dragon's manner was soft but brooked no argument, and Nyara laughed as she waved down Alosha in the dining hall.

"Hey, I'm so glad I caught you! Any chance you're still taking bets? I have a couple I'd like to place just in case, nothing big... there's a candidate amongst them called Ruunan, my brother- I think he'll come out a greenrider. And I reckon we'll have more Western weyrlings than High Reaches, too. I'm sure it'll be grand." Nyara was a very unserious weyrwoman in her downtime; poor old High Reaches.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:36 am
"Very well. Your friend - Haveli?- will impress a dragon that is on the smaller side for it's color - less than average the color standard." Oh! It seemed Alosha was going to play her bet a bit less generally than she'd played at before while testing the waters.

Hmm.

Alosha bets that Haveli impresses a dragon that is smaller than the average size listed on the size chart of the front page!

Zaikt

------

There was the faintest of disapproving frowns that dared grace Alosha's face at the Junior Weyrwoman's second bet. It was very.....disappointing to hear she had little faith in the Candidates her own Weyr was training, it seemed. But she left such commentary to herself.

"Very well. Candidate Ruunan will impress a dragon that is considered large for their size - no matter the color," and as for that bet, "A majority of the Weyrlings - more than two thirds of them - will be from High Reaches." Oh. It seemed she did actually have an opinion there.

Alosha has bet Ruunan will impress a dragon larger than the average size on the Size chart on the front page.
Alosha has bet at least 2/3rds of the Weyrlings will be High Reaches Candidates.

Sweet Symmetry
Candidates specifically. Stands impressions will not count towards either Weyr since they weren't technically candidates!

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:22 pm
Soui wasn't normally the betting type, but she.....she wanted to try her hand at this! It seemed fun enough and so she carefully approached the woman she'd heard she making and taking bets.

"Um...is it okay if I make a bet?" The white rider wasn't sure if there was an age limit on who could bet, or if they were actually betting money (she didn't have many marks) or maybe it could just be a friendly word thing?

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:09 pm
"Are you okay with making a bet?" Alosha asked the young whiterider in turn. "You're a proper grown up if you have a dragon as far as I see it."

houllow

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:13 pm
"Um....then yes, please." Soui cleared her throat, ready to make the bet. "I...want to believe that Dehka will Impress this time...and..and hopefully without getting mauled in someone else's place."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:22 pm
Having spent tbe better part of a week debating the logistics of her bets, Tuelarua had waited until she had some free time to try and track down Alosha. Friendly bets were no harm after all, right? So when she'd finally caught up to the rider, the short candidate beamed, jogging to catch up while her faire of three trailed behind.

"Alosha, if you don't mind -- I have a couple bets to place?" She paused for a brief moment, not wanting to waste time, but affirm the few bets to place. "A fellow candidate, his name's Rahmsii -- I think this is his time, but I think it's going to happen in the first half of impressions." She affirms this with a nod, ruffling her fluffy, long ginger locks. But her follow up bet? She'd had a few on her mind, had tossed them about here and there with her thoughts and feelings. "And -- my second bet? More bronzes will impress to High Reaches candidates." Any thoughts that she may have, High Reaches was still her home, and she did believe they were preparing candidates best they could.

demon_pachabel

--Tuelarua bets that Rahmsii will impress in the first half of impressions.
--Tuelarua also bets that bronzes will go to more HR boys than Western ones.

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:07 pm
"So you bet he will impress *and* be unmauled, or was the second bit just a little wishful thinking?" Alosha asked - just to be careful. "I'm hoping the same odds for my little brother, you know."

Clarifying the bet!

houllow

------

"Okay!" Alosha was quick to respond with her own bets after a moment of consideration, "I bet your friend will impress from the first half of dragons to hatch! As for the dragons...." Alosha twisted her hair thoughtfully. She did rather like that idea, after all. Hmmm.

"I bet the first metallic dragon will hatch within the first 4 eggs," there! Easy, right?

Alosha bets that Rahmsii will impress a dragon who is in the first half of eggs that hatch.
Alosha bets that a metallic dragon will hatch from one of the first 4 eggs to hatch.

Prism Shine
To clarify, I am assuming hatching order doesn't matter for your bet, but impression order ye?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:22 pm
"The second part is wishful thinking!! It would be really rude to bet on injuries, and I hope your brother does well too!" Soui bowed her head deeply, hoping she got her message across somehow.

demon_pachabe
Soui is betting Dehka will Impress

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:41 pm
With a nod, Tuelarua beamed. "Sounds perfectly fair to me."

demon_pachabel
Correct, Tuela's bet hinges on impression order, not hatching order. <3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:06 am
"Gotcha," Alosha hummed thoughtfully for a moment, trying to decide on a good counter bet. She didn't just want to be a bundle of negativity and hope against this kid after all. "I bet your friend will impress a male dragon - since that's only a half chance if he does impress!"

Alosha bets that if Dehka does impress it is to a male dragon.

houllow

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:00 pm
My final IC betting notes! I had One Winner for IC betting and as soon as I tally up OOC betting I'll make arrangements for who gets which egg!

Quote:

Faesinger:
Moirath bets that the third green to impress to a girl will not be the third green to impress. - WIN, third green to impress was only second to a girl!
Alosha bets the third green to impress to a girl will be the third green to hatch. - Loss! Third green to hatch was second to impress to a girl!

Magna:
The Ding Dong egg will hold a gold AND it will impress to Nala. - LOSS
Alosha is betting that Nalacko will impress one of the first 5 dragons to hatch. - LOSS

Tatter:
Z'haq bets that five dragons will be Impressed by Western Candidates,
2/5 - LOSS
Alosha has bet that the majority of Western Candidates to impress will be girls - more than half.
0/2 - LOSS

Z'haq There will be three bronzes shelled. -3/3 - Win (Double win with Alosha negates both wins!)
Alosha has bet that more than half of the metallics clutched will impress to High Reaches Candidates.
3/3 - WIN

Feylin:
T'of is betting that the average age of the people who actually Impress dragons will be 20. - LOSS, the average age was 21! (Well, 20.94117647058824)
Alosha bets that the average age of female candidates that impress will be 18 - LOSS! The average age was 20 (and there were only 5! Hoo boy you go ladies!)

Zaikt:
Kaiator bets that Candidate Haveli will Impress to a male dragon. - Loss!
Alosha bets that Haveli impresses a dragon that is smaller than the average size listed on the size chart of the front page! - Null

Symm:
Ruunan will Impress a green dragon. - WIN (NULL FOR ALOSHA WINNING TOO)
Alosha has bet Ruunan will impress a dragon larger than the average size on the Size chart on the front page. - WIN, MAX GREEN! (NULL FOR ALOSHA WINNING TOO)
More Western candidates will Impress than HR. - LOSS
Alosha has bet at least 2/3rds of the Weyrlings will be High Reaches Candidates. - WIN
14/17 HR
2/17 Western
1/17 Standidate - Not candidate, doesn't count!

Persi:
Tuelarua bets that Rahmsii will impress in the first half of impressions. -- Loss
Alosha bets that Rahmsii will impress a dragon who is in the first half of eggs that hatch. -- Loss
Tuelarua also bets that bronzes will go to more HR boys than Western ones. - WIN (Bet Null for 2 Wins)
3/3
Alosha bets that a metallic dragon will hatch from one of the first 4 eggs to hatch. - Win (Bet Null for 2 Wins)

Phil:
Soui is betting Dehka will Impress - LOSS
Alosha bets that if Dehka does impress it is to a male dragon. - NULL

Hatching Order:
Starry Night (Brown), Holly (Blue), Lump of Coal (Bronze), Blue Ornament (Green), Snowman (Blue), Rudolph (brown), Ding Dong (Blue), Santa (Bronze), Caroling Note (Green), Elf Stocking (Green), Christmas Tree (Bronze), Snowflake (Green), Red and Green Striped Paper (Blue), Candy Cane (brown), String of Lights (Green), Red and Green Present (Blue), Gingerbread (Green)

Impression Order: Lump of Coal (Kaiator 23), Starry Night (Ilzerin 24), Holly (Aroontwa 18 W), Ding Dong (Lauthisen 21 W), Blue Ornament (Fivudal 28 S), Red and Green Paper (Verica 18(F)), Santa (Dorok, 17), Candy Cane (Fehral 21), Rudolph (Tonori, 24), Snowman (Tandry, 21), Elf Stocking (Valeska, 15 F), Red and Green Present (Chayrel, 22), Christmas Tree (Tarroi, 20), Snowflake (Urzoh, 22 F), String of Lights (Ruunan, 17), Caroling Note (Brenva, 21 F), Gingerbread (Tuelarua, 24 F)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:25 pm

And with dice rolled and all winners tossed into a list to put ya'll in a random order (which will correspond with the eggies in the first post!) (The List), I give you all...your prizes!!

Sariraii
User Image
(Thank you for participating!)

Spockat
User Image
(Best guesser!)

Faesinger
User Image
(IC Bet win!)

Magnadearel
User Image
(Won the game of chance with second place!)

And you two keep your eyes peeled for future thank-you gifts! <3

medigel

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers