A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[Greenflight] Take This Breath (<3!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Shaddaling generated a random number between 1 and 20 ... 20!

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:23 pm
'I'm rather sure I can manage something to remind you,' Andeleth crooned as he followed, trying to keep the sleek green in sight. She glowed in the, sleek and perfect and he sighed softly admiring the dynamic way she twisted. She was so beautiful when she showed off. She was beautiful all the time.

5+20 = 25  
Meepfur generated a random number between 1 and 27 ... 12!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:38 pm
I am not certain that to be joyful and to be beautiful are comparable tasks. The color of her hide, the shape of her body, even the grace of her flight, were in the end little more than physical attributes. She wore them well, to be sure, and they could be useful tools in her capable claws, but they were just the sugar-coating over something much more complex and often dark. And very little of what she truly possessed was shared, because she? She was far from selfless. But if you would see it that way, Aurinkoth, then I am flattered. It is a pretty thought. That, in her beneficence, she was giving them a gift simply to allow them in the sky with her, chasing the dream of being with her, whether for an afternoon or for longer, while she indulged instinct and savored the power she had over them.

Hizulath was an interesting puzzle, if in a very different way from the bright blue. Was that what she wanted, this time? Though she knew her own mind well, that was an answer she didn't have...yet. And if I have you today, but don't want you tomorrow, what then? Is that a hardship through which you would persist?

So you would kiss and tell, Bhavaranth? How scandalous! On another day, she might have found his proclamation good excuse to be offended, but luckily for the blue, today it amused her. You would have quite the story when I was finished with you, that much I can promise you. A tale Samodith would be most curious to hear, but as to whether it was meant to be? That remained to be seen.

I don't doubt you can, Andelath, she assured her cousin, warm with affection. Do be sure to make it good, that way it will stick in my memory. He was comfortable, familiar, constant, and of course Hers adored His. The brown would be an easy choice, on this day or any other. She knew well that he would give her anything she asked, and expect little or nothing in return.

Her choice loomed, but was no clearer than it had been when she'd leapt from her ledge and made her impatient demand. Seeking to make the most of her time before she lost the choice to tired wings, she abandoned her acrobatics and climbed higher. Her muscles burned in protest, but she embraced the feeling and found it its own peculiar sort of pleasure.

Strength: 9
Speed: 12
Dexterity: 14
Stamina: 11
Wits: 16

Score: 12
Total: 5+23+12=40

For Round 3, roll Stamina+your best stat! Samodith will make her choice sometime after 7 PM EST on Wednesday 4/22 (or before, if everyone has posted).  

Meepfur
Crew

demon_pachabel generated a random number between 1 and 24 ... 1!

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:34 am
But they are, inherently, what we are whether we are that way on purpose or not - and I would much rather be what I am with all of my being. In that way, I will never tire of it. Even if it meant irradiating all negativity into ash, leaving no place for darkness to grow inside of him. Leaving nothing to hold onto when it finally did creep in for him.

But he was making none of the sweet promises the others did - perhaps distracted by the truth of the matter, as well as the exuberant rolls he did through the air. He practically sang, as he did, clearly enthralled with the chase itself and content to just it, if that was all that came of it.

-------
Aurinkoth's Stats
Blue: 45
Less than 5 turns: 2
Fit: 10
Naive: -2

Strength: 8
Speed: 15
Dex:15
Stamina: 9
Wits: 8

Round 1: Speed (15) x 2: 5/15
Round 2: 18/23
Round 3: Stamina + Speed (9 + 15): 1

Total: 24  
Samuel Carlin generated a random number between 1 and 23 ... 14!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:00 am
Never! Bhavaranth answered with a clear sense of dismay. Quiet moments should stay quiet. Those are for you and I. But a broader tale of your beauty and grace and my good fortune should travel through the Weyr and beyond!

And it would, if he had his way, but that meant not giving up and giving his all to yet another charge, up and up into the sky after the climbing green.

----
Strength: 10
Speed: 14
Dexterity: 13
Stamina: 9
Wits: 14

Round 1: (speed x2) 10/28
Round 2: (dex + wits) 9/27
Round 3: (stamina + wits) 14/23

Total: 33  

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
Uta generated a random number between 1 and 30 ... 17!

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:21 pm
NPC G'vos of brown Hizulath
User Image

The brown continued the chase, keeping pace easily, and then some. He noted the other competitors with violet eyes, even as he kept watch for Samodith. The chase had been surprising--no blood shed, no snarling, no ire. Quite a difference, really. It allowed more time to focus on what was important, what was desired--and allowed less distraction or surprise.

I know the risks I take. I am not a weak brown, and hardship is no detriment. I have my secrets, I have my desires, and if what I want doesn't come to pass, then that is my burden to carry and cope with. I do not fear change, nor do I fear stagnation.

If it was not his time now, than it might well be another day. Hizulath could bide his time and wait. He had for this long, hadn't he?

- - - -

Hizulath Hello NPC brown. Seems a crafty, aloof fellow. Will learn more as I write him. Might well take comfort in snatching another as consolation.

G'vos: As mysterious as his dragon. Will write him a profile soon.

Hizulath's Stats
Brown: 40
Between 6-20 turns: +10 points
Fit: 10
Intelligent: +3pts

Strength: 15
Speed: 11
Dex: 10
Stamina: 15
Wits: 12

1. Speed x 2 = 11 x 2 = 7/22
2. Dexterity+Wits = 10 + 12 = 19/22
3. Stamina+Strength = 15 + 15 = 17/30

Shaddaling generated a random number between 1 and 23 ... 8!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:25 pm
Andeleth followed, for there was nothing he needed to do but follow her till she decided and give his best at it. There would be no hard feelings if he wasn't chosen and they would see each other soon enough no matter what the end result was. He rumbled warmly, following her the best he could.

Total 5+20+8 =33  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:51 pm
I hope we might all dance again before long, Samodith purred to her suitors, with affection and appreciation for them all. There could only be one today, of course, and next they danced she might not be so gentle; no, that would be terribly boring, and besides, a part of her missed that rush of adrenaline that mixed so deliciously with lust. Not that she hadn't enjoyed this freer flying, which had the added benefit of conserving a bit of extra energy.

Still, she could only fly so high, no matter how she strained, could only give herself so much more time. In what for her was the very mildest of moods, and having accepted that there were some things she could not yet have, it was difficult to pin down exactly what she wanted in this very moment. None had removed themselves from her consideration by offending her, and each had their own strengths and appeal, every one very different from the others. So what did she want? Mystery? Optimism? Familiar comfort? To be the subject of a romantic tale?

But stories of meant-to-be were not meant to include Samodith, and the green well knew it. She might break the blue's hearts, and she was not so cruel today - nor quite so quick to think it amusing as she would have once. Bhavaranth was earnest, and had courted her well, and she was not of a mind to make a toy of him. Hizulath was quite the puzzle: how much did he want of her, and if denied now, would he persist? It was a tempting prospect, to have a strong and clever dragon willing to pursue her even if she didn't make it easy. He had bided his time, and now so would she, as she was ever-so-curious to see what would come of waiting. As he had said, after all, some pleasures weren't meant to be had right away.

And Andelath, dear Andelath, of whom she had such a lovely view of from here, and a constant she knew would always be there, no matter what choice she made. He would not be hurt if today was not the day, and there would undoubtedly be many other days. There was little risk of injuring Aurinkoth, either, in his persistent, seemingly invincible joy, bolstered by idealism and wholeheartedly-believed self-affirmations. Even if it was overly simple, and she not naive enough to subscribe to the same, it was a pure thought. Maybe it was easier for him because what he was was happy, which was a far cry from...whatever she was. Too many things, perhaps, to be without sometimes growing weary.

And she was. Though the pain had numbed and eventually put aside, the weariness had lingered long after, aided no doubt by her injury and grounding. She had relearned how to fly, and now it was high time she found her way back to being who she was.

You've fallen quite behind, Aurinkoth. His acrobatics were impressive, but they - or maybe their conversation, an odd one to be having in current circumstances - seemed to have taken priority over keeping up. Do you think you'll be quick enough to catch me?

Because she was falling, and if he didn't get to her soon, there were no doubt other claws ready and willing.

demon_pachabel

((She thought long and hard about it and decided on a sunshine boy! But it really was a long and hard think and there was definitely some waffling because they are all A+ quality boys. gaia_star Thank you everyone for taking the time to participate! emotion_bigheart ))  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:04 pm
He'd been practically distracted away, perhaps out of certainty that any of Samodith's other suitors would be much better suited to win her for the afternoon - after all, he'd done no proper wooing and really all he had to show for himself was some decent (if not off course) flying. How nice it would be for whichever boy caught the beautiful green's eye that day!

So ready to simply continue off on his loops and twirls, Samodith's call surprised Aurinkoth. Yet with the dexterity only a blue of his size and build could have possibly managed (a green would have perhaps made it look better), he twisted to redirect from his land of fantasy and with perhaps the most impressive feat of speed he'd show that day he bolted from his position.

Of course I'll catch you! He'd not have joined the chase to simply let her fall because of him. Each of the other suitors would get one last caress of the blue's brightness before it retreated away, to be offered only to Samodith once he had her safely in his claws.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out