Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Help Guild

Back to Guilds

Guild for Anime,Manga, Live-Action Asian Drama, Asian Music K-pop Recommendations & Discussions, ChatSpace,TV Series/WesternCartoons + More. 

Tags: Anime, Manga, Live Action Asian Drama, Discussion, Recommendation 

Reply ✩ MANGA
Golden Oldies

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skadi Sundermount

Snack

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 5:13 pm

gaia_bear

So I don't know about anyone else, but in my local bookstores I've noticed a lot of old titles being promoted on the shelves again, like Black Butler and Princess Jellyfish.

Some of these are because of a change in liscensing, the new owners trying to get their money's worth, other because the series is getting some kind of sequel or the like, but other...? Maybe they're just hoping to ride the nostalgia wave? Its not as if they're aren't getting any new material these days...

Meanwhile, prices continue to rise. When I first started reading, it was about $10 per volume. Now, its more like $15 a pop. That's quite the expensive hobby when you consider how many volumes there are in your typical manga series.

On that note, are there any oldy but goody series any of you are hoping will get a reprint?

I know one of my friends would very much like to complete their Princess Peach series.

gaia_bunny

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 9:53 am
I personally would like to complete my Yu Yu Hakusho and Shaman King collection one day.  

angelmage99

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

Skadi Sundermount

Snack

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 5:16 pm
So apparently the reason so many old works are getting advertised again is because a lot of mangaka are being dropped by publishers because of Miss Rona (19) ?

Could just be a rumor though.  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 8:11 pm
Skadi Sundermount
So apparently the reason so many old works are getting advertised again is because a lot of mangaka are being dropped by publishers because of Miss Rona (19) ?

What is this Miss Rona (19) thing? I haven't heard of it.  

puppylove713

Animal Lover

Skadi Sundermount

Snack

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 11:38 pm
puppylove713
Skadi Sundermount

Corvid19 Virus  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 10:43 am
Skadi Sundermount
puppylove713
Skadi Sundermount

Corvid19 Virus
Oh, I see. I hadn't heard of it called that, but now that I think about it, it makes sense. You just took off the Co and left the rona. Sorry about that. It was late when I wrote that reply. Long past the time I should have been in bed... But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the issue. But I don't really read manga much anyway, so yeah. However, a lot of the anime have been put on hold because of the covid 19 stuff. That is irritating, but I get why it happened.  

puppylove713

Animal Lover

Mutt-Rodgers

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:53 pm
Hmm, I think for me I'd like to find more Tezuka stuff. I'm a fan of Astro Boy, but don't usually run across many other Tezuka stories when I hit bookshops.

I'd also love to see more volumes of Gon. It's one of the best wordless manga/comics I've seen.  
✩ MANGA

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games