Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply :[ Events ]:
:[Reverse Breeding]: Happy Mother's Day!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Guardian_Iris
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 4:31 pm
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

It's that time of year when we all gather with our families to celebrate our mothers* on Telrunya.

Maybe your Pae misses their mother, or parents even. Wouldn't they love to see their parents again!?

RULES
  1. Only Pae'il with 2 generations of progeny are eligible. All Pae'il with no PC parents may enter.
    1. If you win with a first gen, your Pae'il will be modified to a second gen Pae'il,
    2. Any Pae'il "born" in a form that is specific to a first gen Pae'il cannot be entered. FOR EXAMPLE, the following cannot be entered
      • First generation Fae
      • First gen Flutters that hatched from a seed
      • First gen Sprites that hatched from a pearl
      • First gen Naga that hatched from an egg
      • Fallen
      • Maenads, Satyrs, Furies, Fates, Erotes, Graces, Spartans
    3. Fauny are a special circumstance, as some already have established canon parents. If your fauny has established canon parents, you may enter for those if you wish. In this case, everyone related will need to submit an entry, and decide among themselves who gets which parent. (For example, for the Apples, the owners of Big Mac, Applejack, and Applebloom would all need to submit an entry.) Otherwise, you will need to convince us why the fauny's parents should exist, with a believable story that fits with the established fauny canon.
    4. Hybrids without established parents can enter, but they can't have more than 2 generations of progeny
    5. The winner(s) may choose who to gift their second parent to if they wish, or keep them both.

2. In this event, you must fill out the modified form included below.
    1. The essay should be written from the perspective of your Pae'il! Explain what family means to them and why they feel they should be reunited with them.

3. You can enter multiple times, but you may only win once.
  4. This is for Reverse Breedings only.

FORM
    [b]Pae Name[/b]: (link to cert as well)
    [b]Owner[/b]:
    [b]What Generation are they?[/b] (Currently. Please enter current 1st gen Pae'il as 1.)
    [b]What are the parents' names, and their potential owners?[/b](It's okay to keep both)

[b]From the perspective of your Pae'il: Please write about why your family is important to you, and why you wish to be united with them for Mother's Day.[/b]

APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL May 13th, 9:59PM EDT!

*This must include anyone biologically related, and can include 2 dads. No adopted relations are allowed for this event, even though we do appreciate and recognize adopted parents for Mother's Day.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 2:06 pm
Pae Name: Sea Holly (brother - Iris Tides)
Owner: Daisicle
What Generation are they? 2nd
What are the parents' names, and their potential owners?
Rosalía - Birthmother (Daisicle)
Isabèl - Othermother (Luna)

From the perspective of your Pae'il: Please write about why your family is important to you, and why you wish to be united with them for Mother's Day.
Man... It's been a while since I had time to breath, not to mention time to think about the past. Montague has kept my brother and I busy for some time now... what with the seemingly endless caves to explore and all the resources we could ever want to do so! It's just like when we used to go exploring the jungle, only to get quite the earful when we returned home late.

Our mothers - yes, mothers plural - were our greatest role models. Even without words, their habits showed us a way of living that still impacts us to this day. They are the very definition of queer - that being "strange, odd," don't go jumping to conclusions you goober (even if that was a pun) - but they've taught us that being different does not mean being worse... nor necessarily better. It just makes you, you.

They instilled in us a natural (some would say excessive) curiosity about the worlds around us, and encouraged us to seek out the knowledge we lack. When we asked a question they didn't know the answer to, sometimes they would give us a silly lie, yes, but they would always follow up with the truth at some point. Perhaps after we went and made a fool of ourselves, but always soon enough. Knowledge is power, and they made sure we got more of it than we could have wanted, what with our schooling in Sparks Hallow and all. Sure, we got some strange looks growing up, but they made sure we never felt worse for it. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but personality is more important anyways," as they say. Or well, as my mother says. Both mothers.

Man, and that doesn't even count the stories Iris and I have heard from them regarding the past.... How did those go again? Something about them being childhood friends or mom getting in trouble for wanting to add 'decorative accents' to our names? It's really been too long since we visited if I'm forgetting.

It might be time for a trip back home.

Daisicle

Aged Genius

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 7:23 pm
Pae Name: Sonnale
Owner:
What Generation are they? 1
What are the parents' names, and their potential owners? Mother (Arimorris) Me, Father (Hotaru) Sunny
From the perspective of your Pae'il: Please write about why your family is important to you, and why you wish to be united with them for Mother's Day. Sonnale is a warm and caring fae and he wants to find his mother so he can show her the love and attention he feels she deserves. He isn't sure what happened and why he lost his parents, perhaps he was spirited away by another fae and then lost in the forest. He wasn't angry with his parents and even if they had left him in the forest for some reason he still loved them and wanted to find them. After all, if he never found them he would never find out how they felt or get a chance to know them. Sonnale didn't remember his parents but he would keep searching for them for as long as he needed to. He wasn't sure where his footing was for his future so he wanted to discover his past to get an idea where his furture was heading.  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 11:34 pm
Pae Name: Roslyn
Owner: Elros Namasi
What are the parents' names, and their potential owners? Mother: Rosaleen Father: Illyn (I thought her name could be a combination of theirs :3) Owners: Elros Namasi, ???

From the perspective of your Pae'il: Please write about why your family is important to you, and why you wish to be united with them for Mother's Day. 'Family' means many different things to different paeple. For me, it brings to mind certain feelings like security, community, belonging, love, and many, many more. My past is still fuzzy and I don't remember my childhood at all, so it kind of goes without saying that I don't remember anything of my parents, either. Not a voice, a particular scent, nothing. So family, currently, is what I've made it. I'm so very grateful for DYB. Adopting him was something that we both needed, I think. I've tried to be everything a mother should be for him and it more than a little spurred my decision to heed Menolly's advice and seek out Kurt's Ranch. Easy as breathing, we were taken in by all these good folks and, just like that, our little family grew.

DYB and I have both learned a lot from helping out on the ranch and we've grown closer and closer with everyone here. We've settled into a routine. Without really knowing how, I became Alma's official building assistant. Which, to be honest, is really fun. Alma is always bursting with ideas and somehow I can keep her relatively on track. DYB became fast friends with Pip. They're pretty much joined at the hip. He's fascinated by the alpaca and loves to be around them; he decided his 'job' on the ranch is Deputy Alpaca Overseer. We've really built a home (literally, in some cases).

This year has been particularly special. Alma and Chal got married! I didn't want to intrude, but Alma insisted that of course we were invited, practically expected to be there. We almost didn't make it in time*, but the ceremony was beautiful. And now it's Mother's Day and DYB just presented me with a blanket that he helped make with alpaca wool he helped gather. I really wish I could share this with my own mother.

*I still intend to post for them, but 2020's been cray <<  

Elros Namasi

Dedicated Noob

sailornorthstar

Generous Giver

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 5:51 pm
Pae Name: Nymue and Erath
Owner: sailornorthstar (Sunny) and Antidia
What are the parents' names, and their potential owners? Mother Niniane Sunny Father Syleth

From the perspective of your Pae'il: Please write about why your family is important to you, and why you wish to be united with them for Mother's Day.Me and my sister were brought up by our mother who told us the tale of how she met our father who while she was on a trading trip from sparks to koehaira vineyard to trade for some wine. While there she fell in love with Syleth and spent all their time together. Then she left to go back to Sparks and discovered she was pregnant. My and I only grew up knowing our mom and she would only talk about dad occasionally, which left me wondering why she never looked for him. After we became adults and after much pestering mom left to find dad. It has been a few years since then and we have not heard for either of them. I was hopping that she was coming back with father or sent for us so we can all live as a family.  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 6:29 pm
Pae Name: Leone
Owner: SSBrosB
What are the parents' names, and their potential owners? TBD, I’m terrible at names before I see them, and TBD but I’ll keep at least one

From the perspective of your Pae'il: Please write about why your family is important to you, and why you wish to be united with them for Mother's Day.
It had taken all of his courage to go and get the materials needed to write the letter that he had wanted to send. He had to actually go out and risk other Pae seeing him, but he had made it back without running into too many of them. However, it had caused him to stay in his cave and underneath the covers of his bed for a couple of days before he felt like he could write again. When he finally got the courage to get out, he couldn’t help but sigh. His parents were always so adventurous, and here he was, a coward who was too afraid to even meet other Pae.

Perhaps this was why the letter that he wanted to write was so important:

Dear Mother and Father,
I’m sorry it’s taken so long for me to write to the two of you. I had to find your new “Permanent” address, or at least the one you would be most likely to receive my letter at. I know you two travel a lot, so I wanted to make sure this got to you. And well, a lot of things have also gone on that you wouldn’t believe I experienced but I did.

At this point he shuddered at the memory of the Venus Day festivities. He wasn’t sure why he had even gone the second time after what had happened in the first. Perhaps he had wanted to find that Naiad that he had met…

I wanted to write to you two to say how important you are to me. I know we haven’t been able to see each other for a long while, but I hope we can see each other again soon.

You two really help me when I need the most courage. I know I’m still afraid of a lot of things, and I wish I could be as brave as you two, by the way, heard about how you fought off that giant eel. But whenever I know I’m too scared to do something that I really need to, I just think about you two and how much you encouraged me and made me try new things. Of course, they were all scary at first, but with your help I learned that I shouldn’t be so afraid. I’m still working on it, but I think I make a bit of progress every day!

And also, you helped me navigate through my growing stages I think better than any other parent ever could have. You were always so patient and kind, even when I was too afraid to even try to leave the cave. But you never gave up on me, and for that I’m eternally grateful.

I’m hoping that next time we meet, I’ll be able to tell you about all of the adventures I’ve had and you can tell me about yours!

Love your only son,
Leone

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

:[ Events ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out