Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:03 am
User Image

Mhina had spent a lot of time in his same old routine since the night the Queen had announced that she was dissolving the nobility so they could be reinstated as actual servants of the pride.. and so far, nothing had happened. Officially, the High Class had to get jobs and start contributing to the pride and the few who could be trusted to lead faithfully would be made lords and ladies again.. but there seemed to be a lot of waiting.

The longer it took to really see a change, the more Mhina wondered if he had what it took to be a lord. He was devoted to the Great Lion, he wanted what was best for the pride, but was that enough? Could he be a good leader? Or was he just starting to think he'd be better than the inconsistent nothing they had so far..

The only good thing was that despite the uneasiness in the High Class, nothing bad was happening. The Mwezi'Johari was still at peace, their Queen was still alive and well, the moon remained within sight. Maybe that was why it was so easy to forget..

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:24 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hamaniya was one of the ones affected by the new decree.... and yet, life hadn't changed too much for the previous Lady. She still didn't do much to assist the pride, though there was very little direction in what she should do to help. Although it wasn't as obvious to her, she was...not the smartest lion in the bunch, and didn't even know how to put herself forward to get ahead of the coming wave of societal change that would come her way. She had no parent in the pride to assist her with this, nor did she consider even asking her siblings as to what she should do. The blonde lioness had never worked a day in her life, and for all intents and purposes, had been rather sheltered.

Still, she kept herself busy by admiring flowers, seeing which bunches were blooming and which were dying. Playing on the water's edge when it was still warm after the sun had gone down, and attempting to increase her ever-growing pile of friendships.

"Oh! Hello there!" she said to the blue lion, ignorant to anything he was doing other than simply existing.

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:11 pm
Mhina's wandering mind was brought down to reality when suddenly a lioness offered a bright greeting, and he realized just how far his wandering feet had taken him from his den. He put on a friendly smile and started racking his brain, searching for her name. Frustratingly, the first name that came to mind was Neema but that was just because they were clearly related. He knew Neema, they had a lot in common, at least on a surface level.

That.. didn't really help him remember this one's name, though.

"Hello!" he said, "I'm sorry, I must have been distracted- am I in your way?"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:03 pm
"Hmm?" She didn't realize that he had seemed so out of it. The moment that concern flashed through her mind, she immediately forgot it. No use dwelling on a little surprise now and then, not when there was a conversation to share!

"Not at all!" she exclaimed brightly. "I was on my way to go gather some flowers. You were kind of just standing here, so I wanted to make sure you were ok. Is something... wrong?"

She didn't really know him well, but Hamaniya wasn't one to really know anyone other than her siblings and other close family. She was very friendly and liked to form companionships, but she also wasn't the best with names if she didn't interact with them often enough.

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:59 pm
Well, that was a possibly more embarrassing answer. If he'd stumbled into her way he could at least apologize but just standing around, inviting questions into his well-being.. that was a bit much. Too bad for Mhina he had a tendency to do just that, he truly needed more friends but would rather spend his time praying and pondering.

"Oh, no, everything's fine," he said, chuckling sheepishly, "What kind of flowers are you hoping to find around here?"

The mention of flowers made him think of the Shaman, but that really didn't get him anywhere in trying to remember her name. Lailah and Neema were.. probably cousins of this lioness?? There was another golden one, and a silver one.. he really should have paid more attention to the other members of the high class.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:49 pm
"Oh, good! I'm glad that you are well!"

Drawing out his discomfort probably wasn't the best thing, but then again Hamaniya wasn't really paying too much attention to his discomfort any more.

"I'm hoping to find purple ones today! Do you go out much? Have you seen any purple flowers lately? I'm hoping to find some before daybreak tomorrow, so I can lay them out to dry while I nap. Please let me know if you know anything... I just want to do what I can to help make our fellow Mwezi smile."

"Pretty flowers can distract one from feeling sad, right?"

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:54 pm
Mhina looked surprised when she suddenly started explaining her task, her target and her goal with the kind of enthusiasm he rarely saw in grown lions. He wondered if she was as naive as she seemed or if this was just how she had chosen to contribute until they managed to actually get things sorted out.. either way, he could smile and nod.

"I haven't been paying that close attention, I'm afraid," he answered, and then tilted his head, "And .. I can't quite remember your name. I'm Mhina."

Bit late for an introduction but it would continue to bother him if he didn't get it out of the way.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:40 pm
"Oops. I'm Hamaniya!" she said brightly. She praced her forepaws a bit before bowing her head for a moment, knowing that her father wasn't.... the most popular topic of conversation here. "My father is Yareha, if that helps...." Not everyone knew who she was. The gold in her coat was prominent in her paternal family, but the dappling threw a lot of others off when trying to guess her lineage. She knew that much.

"Do you want to help? Are you a hunter? I bet you've got some good eyes if you hunt, maybe you can help me find them faster!"

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:50 pm
Yareha was infamous but before Mhina's time, he'd barely taken note when the lion returned and joined the High Class despite all the gossip that had gone on when it happened. He honestly couldn't even connect Yareha properly to the two names that did come to mind, he was pretty sure Yareha was not Lailah and Neema's brother.. so.. cousin? Uncle? He didn't care.

"Actually, you reminded me of the Shaman and her sister," he said, deciding against keeping that to himself at the way she mentioned who her father was. Maybe it would cheer her up to know she was more connected to them than to Yareha in some minds.

Buuut.. did that now commit him to helping her out? He wasn't actually that busy, so he couldn't honestly use that as an excuse and wander away. Maybe he could take the opportunity to teach her, try to draw another noble to a proper occupation like hunting.

"I am a hunter, I suppose I can try," he said, "Where have you already looked?"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:21 pm
"Ohhh! The Shaman.... yes! Oh, maybe she would like some of the flowers... I'll have to ask her once I find some. I don't want to make promises I can't keep... not yet."

Her mind wandered off for a moment before remembering that she was speaking with someone. "Yes, I've looked to the east, Mhina. I was thinking about heading north next, just to see if I'm lucky. I would greatly appreciate your help." She smiled at him brightly, looking a little silly but rather hopeful at the same time. It was hard for anything to being Hamaniya down, and she wasn't worried about any issues that would come up from someone helping (also training) her.

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:54 pm
Well.. that was a nice idea, and admirable that she wasn't so enthusiastic that she made promises carelessly. Maybe she wasn't as naive and she seemed, but he was likely about to get a lot of opportunity to find out. He nodded along as she explained where she had been and where she was going, then turned to the North.

"Alright, nothing to do but start looking," he said, putting on a smile and leading the way.

Fin!  
[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff