Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Help Guild

Back to Guilds

Guild for Anime,Manga, Live-Action Asian Drama, Asian Music K-pop Recommendations & Discussions, ChatSpace,TV Series/WesternCartoons + More. 

Tags: Anime, Manga, Live Action Asian Drama, Discussion, Recommendation 

Reply ✩ ASIAN DRAMAS
(Maybe Spoilers?) I'm worried about True Beauty (2020)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hexenzirkel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:40 pm
An' it harm none...

User Image

As some of you may know, True Beauty (2020), the drama adaptation of the popular Webtoon of the same name, premiers the 9th of this month. I'm a bit concerned about it, though. Traditionally from what I've seen, KDramas (romance, at least) last on average 16-18 episodes. I'm hoping that they will do the Webtoon justice with this drama. The Webtoon gets pretty convoluted.

What do you all think? Personally I want Jugyeong's journey to be honored. But I also want this drama to do better than the Webtoon so far has. The Webtoon touted that true beauty is on the inside, and that the exterior shouldn't matter as much -- but so far that message, in my opinion, hasn't been coming across.

I also just... Don't want her to be with Seojun at the end of the drama somehow. Unless a season 2 is somehow planned.

Do what ye will...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:29 pm
well its on my list to watch
I just found out its a web drama IDK what to expect ?
its good to see Cha Eun Woo have not seen hime since ID is Gandam Beauty... i think?  

nena_sakura

Captain

Fashionable Detective

25,075 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Hexenzirkel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:15 pm
nena_sakura
its good to see Cha Eun Woo have not seen hime since ID is Gandam Beauty... i think?

An' it harm none...

User Image

Yep, I think his latest work was Gangnam Beauty. That was such a good drama. I was super skeptical of watching it at first but I wasn't disappointed.

Do what ye will...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:10 pm
nena_sakura

An' it harm none...

User Image

Okay, so I watched the first two episodes. I am no longer worried. In fact, I have total and utter second lead syndrome and regardless of who she ends up with in the end (I mean, we all know it'll be Suho) no longer matters to me.

Do what ye will...

Hexenzirkel

nena_sakura

Captain

Fashionable Detective

25,075 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:13 pm
Hecate Chiaramonti
nena_sakura

An' it harm none...

User Image

Okay, so I watched the first two episodes. I am no longer worried. In fact, I have total and utter second lead syndrome and regardless of who she ends up with in the end (I mean, we all know it'll be Suho) no longer matters to me.

Do what ye will...

sweatdrop 3nodding  
✩ ASIAN DRAMAS

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces