Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[FEAST PRP]Show and Tell (D'hka/Lufianth + D'rok/Khazariath)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:09 pm
It had been nearly a full Turn since D'rok had been plucked off the sands by his Khazariath and now, upon looking down on the sands it had been time for one of his closest confidants to have his turn. He'd been only a few steps shy of thrilled to see Dehka (D'hka?) fully embracing (and likely crying with ugly tears) a little green upon the sands.

If they were anything like the man himself, D'rok imagined she was full of joy and wonder. There would certainly be time to find out once all dragonets had hatched. But it had been an event that was entirely worth dressing up to - celebrating that one of the worthiest people he knew had become a dragonrider. Not the bronze that he imagined more than one person (and dragon) had hoped of him, but not any lesser for it.

While it perhaps would have been more appropriate to wait for the actual feasting to begin to call on the young man, D'rok, bundled in a proper winter coat, made his way to the barracks instead with Khazariath at his side.

D'hka of Lufianth - would you perhaps like to walk to the Feast with mine? the bronze called, patiently waiting for a response.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:44 am
In one instant, his entire world stopped spinning. Hearing the tentative, loving voice he'd been waiting for all his life finally speak to him had nearly knocked him off his feet, and D'hka hardly knew what to do with himself. Part of him simply wanted to hold Lufianth and never let her go, letting life resume on without him... but he also greatly desired to introduce her to the people who mattered most in his life.

Hearing Khazariath address him as a proper dragonrider was almost enough to move him to tears again. Ever aware of his emotions, Lufianth pressed herself against the outside of his leg, crooning reassurances while finding herself equally delighted to be the source of her rider's joy. D'hka's capacity to love and empathize was one of the very reasons she'd needed him after all.

Yes, please! We'll be right out.

After taking a moment to hug his green and master himself, D'hka soon excited the barracks with Lufianth at his side. He beamed at the sight of D'rok and Khazariath--the latter of whom was fully grown and just as magnificent as he'd been when he'd hatched. "Hi." Was all he could say for a moment, so full of emotion that he felt as though he might burst. "This is Lufianth." Which they knew, of course, but introductions were always nice.

Good evening! The green chirped, her bright eyes whirling as she gazed at them both. It's wonderful to meet you. My D'hka admires you both very much!

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:02 am
Khazariath passed the message on to D'rok who took a moment to smooth over his own appearance and steeled himself up a bit. The person who walked away from impression was never quite the same as the person who had entered the sands to await their fate and while he did know D'hka already, D'rok was determined to make a good first...new...impression.

It is hardly likely that he will like us less for having found his lifemate, Khazariath said, though there was a small tickle of clinginess in the statement - because yes, while he could never have claimed the young man, the bronze was incredibly fond of D'hka. The idea that anybody who would force him away could have been destined for the young man wasn't completely out of mind.

"Hi," D'rok replied awkwardly, taking in his friend's absolute post-impression glow with a brief skip of his heart. "So, we meet the lady of the hour and honor at last!" he quickly caught himself, taking a moment to bow to both rider and dragon - Khazariath mimicking the gesture behind him.

And it is our pleasure to meet you as well, young Lufianth. You certainly have chosen one of the finest young men I have ever had the honor of meeting.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 6:23 pm
D'hka favored both D'rok and Khazariath with another bright grin before his eyes unconsciously fell back to the green hatchling. He couldn't stop staring at her, completely and utterly in love. Shards, he could feel tears threatening to well up again! He took a deep breath to control himself, smiling so hard that his cheeks were aching.

The little green went wide-eyed at such courtesy, trying to imitate Khazariath's graceful motion without nearly as much success, she was certain. Her eyes swirled with deep, sparkling shades of purple to hear the bronze speak so highly of Hers, and she replied eagerly. Oh, thank you. I knew as soon as he touched my egg.... and hoped he would not be disappointed that I was not as magnificent as you or Meigth. But he'd assured her that he wasn't, and that was all she'd needed to hear.

"You were right," D'hka confessed to D'rok. "Words can't describe the feeling when she spoke to me." But he understood now, and if he stood a little taller now, well... finding his lifemate could be attributed to that.

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 6:55 pm
While some less composed dragons would have been compelled to simply lean forward and boop the little green, Khazariath held in the desire due to some feeling that lingered between it being impolite and infantilizing. Certainly, she was but a new babe, but that didn't mean he was about to simply invite himself to treat her like one. It would have been quite strange to hear him think anything but the world of you, as all riders did of their lifemates - something that D'rok assured him would always be true quietly across their bond to a flush of private delight.

Outwardly, however, D'rok couldn't help but feel a swell of pride in his chest at his friend's delight all over again. It was quite something to watch a friend impress from afar and a whole different experience to see that fresh new bond up close. "It doesn't fade, you know. It'll always feel fresh and wonderful."

Of course, this could have not been true - Khazariath was barely a full turn old, after all, but that turn had felt like an entire lifetime together already and not in any way that could have been considered exhausting.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 7:23 pm
Lufianth ducked her head a touchy shyly, for though the bronze's words were true, it still made her hearts flutter to know that D'hka loved her as much as she loved him. He is very kind, as are you and Yours. To think that they had come to congratulate their friend and her as well... It was quite the honor for such a little green!

D'hka laughed, though the sound was a little shaky. "I keep thinking this is a dream. And I'm so scared I'm going to wake up and she won't..." He bit his lower lip, his heart aching at the mere thought. Lufianth leaned against his leg immediately, and D'hka resisted the urge to scoop her up into his arms. "Sorry. I guess it's just because it feels too good to be true." What was he doing, thinking about things like that?

Maybe it was because he finally really understood what it would have meant if his father had lost Meigth.

He didn't have to fake a smile when he made himself focus again. "Should we get going?"

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 7:25 am
D'rok grinned knowingly at the feeling D'hka was having, and oh did he have good news for him - "Well, when you're actually dreaming she'll be there too. I'd dare say you'll never have a lonely night again." While the physical nearness of his lifemate was always preferable to D'rok, who truly needed very little else in his day to day life now, that always present touch of Khazariath's existence against his was thoroughly validating. If a drug high was even a fraction of it, he'd have understood addicts better (though he'd still judge them for it).

But of course, they had a party to get to - "Of course! There are many, many more people who want to see her - and you."

Khazariath rumbled in agreement with D'rok, still holding in the desire to reach out and boop the baby out of sheer manners. Well, I would be happy to be your chaperone to the Feast - I'm sure your mother is beside herself waiting to meet your D'hka. Little did he know, Ana knew the young man quite well already.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:31 pm
Another breathless sort of laugh escaped him. To think she'd always be with him, a comforting warm presence in the back of his head that held nothing but the utmost adoration and love for him. He'd have waited his whole life for her, if that was what it took. Really, it was an effort to keep himself from just... babbling about her and how she made him feel.

A day ago, the thought of people wanting to see him would have been more than enough to rattle him. Now, he couldn't keep the grin off of his face. "I can't wait to introduce her to everyone." She deserved nothing less. "Thanks for coming with us. It means a lot."

Chaperone... her? Lufianth mentally quailed at the thought, a sharp and sudden spark of yellow flitting through her eyes. Oh! Oh, certainly! I would be most grateful--but I wouldn't mind at all if you wished to see to my sisters! Ardoxshoth and Damahath deserved the spotlight--as did the rest of her sisters and brothers, regardless of their color! She was only a little green, in her mind, and certainly not worth much fuss!

She did brighten at the mention of her mother, resisting the urge to cheep with delight. Oh, yes! Apparently my D'hka saw my mother when she was first hatched! How very strange it was, to think of her mother being so small....

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out