Submit

Catkid_neo

Magical Cat

10,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:17 am
After having been on hiatus for some time, I’m finally ready to make my comeback. But first, I have a confession to make.

I am, in fact, asexual.

I’ve only started to realize this last November and each new piece of info regarding sex and being asexual further solidified this fact.
I’m still getting used to this because this is something that I’ve been putting off for a very long time and I haven’t even bothered to explore that aspect of myself until I accidentally came across something explicitly NSFW that made me completely question my sexuality.

I didn’t have a complete understanding of what it’s like for a woman to be sexually attracted to anyone because I have never personally experienced it. Ever. And now that I know how that works and why I don’t feel that of attraction to anyone, I feel alienated from my own personal expectations. It hurts... a lot.

So... other than that, I’m living a good life so far despite living in a pandemic. I’ve been living in a nice apartment in the city by myself for over a year now and I can say with absolute confidence that that has been going well for me.
I’m glad that I’m living independently with my cat Ginger as my company.
I miss visiting my relatives in Georgia, but I know that I’ll get to see them again once it’s completely safe to travel. Until then, I’ll have to make the most out of being a full-time homebody.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:56 am
I always feel like we are constantly discovering new things about ourselves. Especially ones that make sense. I'm glad you have! smile

Also, welcome back! We all have been known to take breaks... I know I have.. for years even lol.  

SuicidalSkittles
Crew

Rainbow Witch

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:13 pm
It was only a few years ago myself I realized my feelings about sexual attraction and such matched with the definition of being a Demisexual. So, I totally understand that feeling of feeling confused about why your feelings don't match what is considered "normal" and then having that moment of clarity and relief when you finally have something to explain it.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:31 am
Congrats on discovering your asexuality! I know all about taking a long time to figure out what it was that felt "off," and how much better you feel on the other side with clarity!  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers