Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:32 pm
Google's back with another game-oriented doodle in honor of the Summer Olympics. Anyone playing it?

gaia_demonduck Which team did you go with? How did you decide?
gaia_zombieduck Which sport are you the best at? The worst at?
(Archery, Artistic Swimming, Skateboarding, Climbing, Table Tennis, Rugby, Marathon)
gaia_merduck Favorite NPC to interact with?
gaia_duck Anything else you want to share... or if you need help completing a trophy mission.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:39 pm
gaia_demonduck Which team did you go with? How did you decide?
I ended up with Team Red. While the color/element scheme isn't generally my aesthetic, I was drawn to it by their leader's mention of wisdom and intelligence. It seemed the most suiting to me than the other three.

Table Tennis was pretty easy for me to get through.

Still trying to get the hang of the Climbing.

gaia_merduck Favorite NPC to interact with?
Hmm... I liked the Ori who wanted to become a baker.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:41 pm
Prof. Moonie
Table Tennis was pretty easy for me to get through.

Still trying to get the hang of the Climbing.

Following up on this. The Marathon sport was the last one I had to work on in order to win the scroll. It took so many tries to manage 1st place in the race to get it.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:39 am
Prof. Moonie
Google's back with another game-oriented doodle in honor of the Summer Olympics. Anyone playing it?

gaia_demonduck Which team did you go with? How did you decide? I can't recall... I might've gone with green because, well obvs, fave color. Or I might've gone with whatever my fave animal of the bunch was... Did they have a fox?

(Archery, Artistic Swimming, Skateboarding, Climbing, Table Tennis, Rugby, Marathon)
I didn't get through the whole game before giving up, but I was absolute a** at Rugby, which I think is why I quit? LOL. Also the realization that it was very long and I wasn't going to get all the way through it before I had to leave work and I didn't think there was any way to save my progress.

gaia_merduck Favorite NPC to interact with? Uhh... I liked the fish... thing? I think? There was a fish thing, right? Nothing was terribly memorable. >_>;;

gaia_duck Anything else you want to share... or if you need help completing a trophy mission. I'm a big "screw Google" proponent, and I think it's kind of unfair that they can just abuse their internet presence to release a whole game that they just shat out when no one asked for it. Sure, the spirit of it was in good conscience I suppose, but yeah. I played it because I was really bored at work, and wouldn't have otherwise. Maybe it was a secret plot to ruin productivity of other competing companies because their employees would be busy playing. ninja  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:30 am
Zphal
gaia_demonduck Which team did you go with? How did you decide? I can't recall... I might've gone with green because, well obvs, fave color. Or I might've gone with whatever my fave animal of the bunch was... Did they have a fox?

There was Ushi the bull (Team Blue), Karasu the black bird (Team Red), Inari the fox (Team Yellow), and Kappa the frog (Team Green).

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Zphal
Also the realization that it was very long and I wasn't going to get all the way through it before I had to leave work and I didn't think there was any way to save my progress.

As long as you are using the same computer, it'll keep your progress each time you go back in. Even though the original event has already come and passed since the Olympics are over now, you are still able to go back and play it. Just like all of the previous doodle games Google has done over the years.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:33 am
Prof. Moonie
Zphal

There was Ushi the bull (Team Blue), Karasu the black bird (Team Red), Inari the fox (Team Yellow), and Kappa the frog (Team Green).

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Zphal
Also the realization that it was very long and I wasn't going to get all the way through it before I had to leave work and I didn't think there was any way to save my progress.

As long as you are using the same computer, it'll keep your progress each time you go back in. Even though the original event has already come and passed since the Olympics are over now, you are still able to go back and play it. Just like all of the previous doodle games Google has done over the years.

Oh yeah I definitely went with the Yellow Fox then, haha.

And ahh, good ol' cookies. Honestly I hadn't played any Google games until this one. Didn't know they existed.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:35 am
Zphal
Prof. Moonie
Zphal

Zphal

Oh yeah I definitely went with the Yellow Fox then, haha.

And ahh, good ol' cookies. Honestly I hadn't played any Google games until this one. Didn't know they existed.

Yeah, I wasn't really aware of them either until I ran across some people talking about characters featured in this year's game that are apparently the lead characters of past doodle games.  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games