Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:23 pm
User Image User Image User Image

Gaia's "Summer" event is here.... and in typical Gaian fashion, different aspects of it will be revealed as time passes. No official announcement was made regarding it.

So, here's a place to discuss the event and share tips or strategies.

gaia_left What are your opinions of the event so far?
gaia_right What class and moral alignment would your avi be?
gaia_up Any music you're listening to while you're playing?
gaia_down Any tips or strategies you want to share?

User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:36 pm
gaia_left What are your opinions of the event so far?
Considering we are at just the "tutorial" stage of the event so far, I am disappointed on how much this event is frustrating me already. Instead of their typical "This is what you need to push to do such-and-such," it's more of a "Let's-throw-you-to-the-wolves-and-let-you-figure-it-out" set up. If you are familiar with RPG games, it might go a bit easier than those who aren't as game savvy. The battle mechanisms are fairly easy to understand, you can either attack or use an item. However, there seems to be a lot of aspects of the battle mechanisms that still needs to be balanced out more even with what adjustments they've apparently done.

gaia_right What class and moral alignment would your avi be?
Druid/Ranger/Cleric. Chaotic Good.

gaia_up Any music you're listening to while you're playing?
"One Way or Another" by Blondie was the first song that popped into my head after playing a few rounds of the game.

gaia_down Any tips or strategies you want to share?
- Pay attention to what the NPCs are saying when you wonder around town. One of them will mention something which is a clue on where you need to go to find another NPC who will direct you to where the dungeon is located.
- After opening the dungeon, go back into town. Two stores will now be open - one for armor, another for potions. Stock up on the items. Make sure to equip your armor by selecting the purple bag of holding icon and clicking on the armor! ((Another "tutorial" aspect they don't tell you about.))
- Don't bother creating yourself a cheat sheet on where to go in each floor of the dungeon (unless it helps you from getting confused and lost), if you end up being killed before reaching the boss. The maps randomly regenerate new layouts each time you reenter. At this time, no one seems to know if there's a certain number of map layouts it circulates through.
- Final Boss is on the 4th floor (as soon as you go down the stairs). So once you find the stairs on the 3rd floor, make sure your health is full and you have utilized 3 of both the strength and defense potions.
- During battles, there's two strategies to consider on who to attack: 1) Kill the monsters closer to you than those furthest away and 2) Kill the stronger enemies (i.e. Jack, Imps, etc.) before the slimes.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:12 pm
Another tip I came across for navigating the floors, especially if you have a hard time keeping track where you've been:

Choose a wall and keep following it. There's only one enemy fight per room, so you don't have to worry about running into multiple enemies doing this route.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:45 am
I finally was able to find the boss (again) and defeat it!

In case you haven't heard, there's now a frying pan weapon available for purchase. Better stats than either of the swords you can purchase.

The map is a nice addition. Makes it so much easier to figure out where I've been and haven't been.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:17 am
I logged in after several months of inactivity. Judging from my avi (Valentine outfit), I'd wager February.

So apparently I've missed a lot of the bugs and challenges this summer event had starting out! Lucky me, lol. With that Chapter 3 only released a couple days ago, and there are allegedly 6 chapters, I wonder if the Halloween event will either be delayed, really lame, or both...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:23 am
What are your opinions of the event so far? When I logged in, I was genuinely surprised they'd gone to the effort of making a semi-decent summer event. But also amused by reusing old assets for backgrounds and baddies. It's like they went digging around in their recycle bin.

What class and moral alignment would your avi be? I typically play the Chaotic Good alignment. I also like Bards because they tend to be the jack of all trades type.

Any music you're listening to while you're playing? No, I'm at work and have to listen to two radios tuned to two different channels, plus the phone. It's a slow Sunday though, so I'm able to play on the side and keep up with documentation/routing calls.

Any tips or strategies you want to share? I literally went to the forums, found a thread with a guide in it, and have been following it. I'm supremely lazy with some RPGs, especially kinda lame ones like this just meant for passing time. xd  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:11 am
Zphal
What are your opinions of the event so far? When I logged in, I was genuinely surprised they'd gone to the effort of making a semi-decent summer event. But also amused by reusing old assets for backgrounds and baddies. It's like they went digging around in their recycle bin.

From the tidbits I've gathered when roaming the event forums, it sounds like Gaia plans on keeping the RPG game aspect after the "summer" event is over. So, it may explain why they're putting so much effort into it.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:19 am
Prof. Moonie
Zphal

From the tidbits I've gathered when roaming the event forums, it sounds like Gaia plans on keeping the RPG game aspect after the "summer" event is over. So, it may explain why they're putting so much effort into it.

That would make sense. Once they've laid the groundwork, I imagine it's relatively easy to create new content or change various elements to match whatever theme they'd be going for.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:37 pm
Ah, so, I've given up on doing events, I just found most of their events to be rather poorly designed or too repetitive. It's good to hear that this one is different. Though I still probably won't participate if it's been going for near a month now.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:31 am
wellwisher
Ah, so, I've given up on doing events, I just found most of their events to be rather poorly designed or too repetitive. It's good to hear that this one is different. Though I still probably won't participate if it's been going for near a month now.

They've been releasing parts of the event over the month time frame, so that's why it's been going so long.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:35 am
It's been a couple weeks since I last did anything for the event. I just looked at the items revealed so far for doing the next stages in the event and... I don't feel so bad about not doing anything. It's not that they are terrible items; they are nicely designed. They're just not my aesthetic is all. sweatdrop

UPDATE:
Changed my mind. I went ahead and completed the other two "chapters" of the event.

If you don't want to spend too much time playing around for the event, I highly recommend you change the setting to "green" (easy mode) when you talk with Gino in the town ((makes it so much faster to get through the dungeons than on "Yellow" [normal])). And find the guides in the event forum to lead you along.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:02 pm
This event is so close to reaching its finale. whee  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:41 am
That finale to the Solstice Event was... underwhelming.

I was like "Am I done? Did I do it? Is there anything else I need to do?" I knew I had completed the final goal because I received the item from it but... still, it just sort of leaves you hanging after completing the final battle.

And now we've got the Halloween event which is also a dungeon crawler event. Considering it only has two goals this time, hopefully it'll be quicker and easier to get through than this Solstice one. But can't really do much right now because it's not even fully open for playthrough yet. xp  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games