Welcome to Gaia! ::

Souls of Blood

Back to Guilds

vampires, Werewolves, Shifters, Fae, and other mystical beings in a post-apocalyptic world. 

Tags: Vampire, Demons, Action, Fantasy, Magic 

Reply Surface
The Outskirts

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:26 pm
This place is nowhere. It's the place for those that want to disappear. It's the place for those that are outcast from everywhere else.

The populace is primarily human. But others live here as well: demons, elves, shifters, and others...

The buildings are old and their stability is questionable. There's the usual bar/tavern, What passes for a couple of market stores that will sell just about anything, houses of different sizes...

The forest has grown up around this particular village, keeping it well-hidden. The street is nothing more than dirt that turns into a mud pit when it rains.

But there are places like this all over the world, all similar, and yet all different...  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:45 pm
Wolfe Garm

Ilea appeared in an alleyway, literally dropping to the ground from about six feet above the ground. She landed with a sickening thud and a sharp sound of pain before curling up in a ball as she panted through the pain and hoped that it would fade soon. But she was fighting a loosing battle and she knew it...

She finally pushed herself up and looked around, trying to place where she was. It was impossible here, though. There was no telling where this place was. But what mattered to her was that it would be hard to find her here.

She remembered something she'd told someone once...

"I'll work at getting other clothes made, ones that'll let me move around other people better, help me blend in a bit until I can find a place to stay where I won't be bothered. Maybe I'll open up a potions shop or something like that. He taught me alot about potions and poisons. Maybe I can use that. My other skills won't really be useful for everyday living but maybe that will..."
"I'll find one of those towns along the outskirts of someplace. I should be able to open a shop easily in a place like that. Getting the money for it might get a bit complicated, but I might be able to go raid Goh's coffers for it. Seems fitting that he pay for a new life for me, after all. Don't you think? That should get me the building and whatever furnishings I'll need, supplies for the potions and poisons I'll make. I can live above the shop, I guess. That's what people do, right?"

She remembered that conversation. She'd been pretending back then, but it held merit now.

She pushed herself to her feet and leaned against the wooden wall of a building, looking down at her clothes and the blood on her legs from giving birth. Luna would be a better mother to it than Ilea would be and she knew it, however sad it was to think about that.

She pushed her sweat-damp hair back and remembered something else from that day so long ago:

In truth, some part of her was remembering a song that she'd overheard once, before Ren dropped those blasted bombs all over the place. She didn't know who sang it or anything like that but the words had stuck with her, well, part of the lyrics. They'd just fit her life with Goh so well that they'd stuck with her:

I've lived a thousand years in darkness
Banished all alone
Inside my mind with just my madness
Behind these walls of stone

I was falling apart at the seams
Holding my breath just to breathe
Tasted the sting of my tears

I was wakin' up stuck in a dream
Ran out of air, couldn't scream
Wasted away by my fears

That was what she remembered the most about the song. It had described her so well. But even now, she knew she was being ruled by her fears. Particularly the fear of being alone.

She remembered that song even now... Yes, she was afraid of being alone...

But she was afraid of so much more now... Now she was afraid of being found...

She pushed away from the wall and started staggering her way to the entrance of the alley and looked at the town she'd dropped into. It looked like any number of places where one wanted to disappear. It also looked like the perfect place to die...

She simply had to decide which direction she was planning to go... Of course, with the way she was still bleeding from the birth, that decision was probably being made for her...  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Wolfe Garm
Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:13 pm
Red Gypsy

Off in the distance of the town a vehicle approached, an armored truck approached, within a man who had nothing better to do than to travel. The side of the truck showing a slightly fade RRT logo on it rolled into town and slowed as it maneuvered the path before it, passing by Ilea but stopped a bit off from her. The man sat in his seat looking behind him as he gauged the situation he saw, a woman of sorts and looked worse off. He considered a moment before put the truck into park and got out of the drivers seat as he opened the door and closed it as he walked along the armored behemoth that RRT was notorious for using and were in no position to decline his personal use of as he got to the rear of the vehicle and simply looked at the woman curiously before he looked around and simply decided that the lack of presence of locales was more than enough for him to try and help and simply briskly walked over to her and sensing a greater issue placed a hand on her shoulder “you alright? you have the looks of someone in need of a helping hand” in his mouth was a toothpick he’d been toying with since his slightly interrupted trip started, he still wore his armor and uniform since they were all he was used to wearing on his leg was a sheathed bowie knife, while two pistol grips protruded from his sides revolvers of unique design his back sporting packs and pouches for various different pieces of equipment, one an antenna which was wired directly to the wrist computer he had on his right forearm but also handles his communications he also had on him.

As he stood there assessing the situation it didn’t take long for onlookers to start coming out of the woodwork a lot of them uncertain due to the fact that he had a vehicle which seemed loaded with equipment, and fuel which made it an enticing prospect for someone who saw the possibilities, while a lot of people were more concerned by the fact that he was there and furthermore was attempting to help someone, which wasn’t at all unusual for him but might seem to be here, but that didn’t bother Voss any since he was a bit of a loner at the moment and in between homes and work alike.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:11 am
Wolfe Garm

Ilea took a step back as the man approached her, staying steady for a moment before she felt one leg give out and drop her to her knee in a puddle of mud. She shook her head as a wave of dizziness hit her then looked up to notice the crowd gathering.

Even in her current condition, she was beautiful. While Esabel had been created to be adorably beautiful, Ilea was created to be desirable no matter what. Dying, living, working, raising the dead...

Actually... That sounded pretty good right about now...

She looked up at the helpful stranger, "Actually... I think I can help you..." she said softly before looking at the gathering crowd, "But it might not be the best idea just yet," she decided against raising the skeletons she could feel below the ground. There were quite alot of them, though...

Tempting...

She gave a sigh and looked down briefly then pushed her hair back again and looked up at him and shook her head, "Just leave me..." she told him, looking at the crowd again. They were certainly ripe to take on someone like her, in a permanent sense. They actually looked as if they could take her out... Well, as long as they did it all together and she didn't try to defend herself... That might do it...

She looked at the man again, her pale skin a bit paler by now. She knew she'd torn something with that last push but she'd gotten it finished and left the babe with Luna. That was what mattered, she guessed.

She shook her head again and blinked a few times, "Go on... I'm really not worth saving..." her voice trailed off as she fought off passing out then tried to push herself to her feet then put a hand against the wall for a moment then started walking slowly towards the crowd. Of course, she only got as far as his vehicle before she had to stop. Out in the brighter street it was easier to see the blood on her legs under the layers of the black skirt she was wearing. And by this point, she really didn't care...  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
Surface

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers