Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Nature vs. Nurture (Shen x Lenore)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nori Ishida

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:36 am
User Image

There was a mist hanging low over the field as the stallion meandered along, chomping at the sweet, wet grass as he walked. Ripping off a fresh sprig, he raised his head as he chewed and surveyed his surroundings to the east. He had been alone for some time, wandering the lands by himself. He couldn't even remember how long it had been since he had seen his brother. And his mother...well...

Swallowing his bite of grass, he shook his head, rustling his long mane and sending dew drops flying from the end of his muzzle. Fog curled from his nostrils as he sighed and turned his head to the west. It was so quiet. The colder months always brought such still and calm. There was no snow on the ground yet, but it was surely near. That would bring even more silence. It was Shen's favorite time of year. After a turbulent childhood, he had always sought more peace in adulthood, and winter always seemed to bring this. Smiling lightly to himself, he continued his slow and aimless wandering across the field.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:50 am
User Image

Flicking her wings, Lenore didn’t know where she was going. She didn’t really have a place to reside or a place to really call home. She thought she had that place once. A place she loved and adored. A place for family. A place where she felt safe. That was until her mother made her kill her first animal and then lure a young foal to her only to watch it die at her mother’s hooves. She had nightmares all the time. Nightmares every night that sometimes didn’t even leave her mind when she woke up. A part of her wished she could just forget everything and start over. A fresh start was what she needed to find. To get away from everything. It was already bad enough her mother probably wanted her dead still and her daughter was a lost cause. She couldn’t believe she had to abandon something she tried so hard to raise for the better. But she believed because she came from her horrible mother there was something tainted about her, and every child was going to end up the same way.

Taking in a deep breath, she eyed the mist as she continued trying to push the horrible thoughts from her mind. She noticed a stallion and immediately felt panicked. She didn’t like the idea of meeting someone else. She tucked ger wings tightly against herself and contemplated what she should do. If she spoke with him, she could potentially make a friend, but if she didn’t, she could potentially survive. She was always afraid of being killed. It was a fear her mother put into her mind and was threatened every single day since she popped out of her basket. It wasn’t the best way to live, and she was fragile.

“Hello..” She decided to be friendly as she took a few more steps towards the male.

XxXPandamoniumXxX

Fandom Supporter

Nori Ishida

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:34 pm
Shen turned as he heard a voice and saw the winged mare. He was instantly struck by her crimson color and an image of his brother flashed into his mind. He smiled briefly, fondly remembering Huojin, but quickly dashed the smile from his face when he noticed her apprehension. She appeared nervous, holding her wings close as if to shrink and make herself smaller. He lowered his head in an attempt to appear non-threatening and smiled gently at her.

"Hello there, my name is Shen. How are you?"

He was glad to see another soul. It had been quite a while and he always loved meeting new and interesting creatures from around the world. He wondered what could make this mare so anxious and certainly hoped it wasn't his presence. He knew what it felt like to be unwanted, in the worst way, and would never wish that pain and loneliness upon anybody. Least of all did he ever want to be the cause of that loneliness.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:10 am
User Image

The stallion seemed nice, but at the same time she was still nervous even if he proved he wasn’t a threat to her and her existence. She let her guard down only a little bit. It was just enough to feel less tense, but it didn’t stop that fight or flight feeling from creeping up deep inside of her. She flicked her wings once on her back and lowered her head a little bit showing that she was obviously scared of him.

“My name is...Lenore..It’s nice to meet you Shen..” She spoke softly and with a frailty to her voice that was noticable.

“You are not here to harm me, right? My mother didn’t send you?” She knew it was stupid to ask because she didn’t expect him to tell her. She didn’t know who to trust and who not to. It was something that would probably pain her for the rest of her life. She took a small step forward and stopped, keeping her eyes on him as much as she could.

XxXPandamoniumXxX

Fandom Supporter

Nori Ishida

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:31 pm
Shen shook his head. "No, your mother did not send me. In fact, nobody sent me here. Moreover, I have not met your mother, at least not to my knowledge." It was clear that the mare was terrified and it seemed her mother was the source of this. Shen could understand this, to an extent. While his mother had been mean-spirited, he had never suspected she would ever send somebody to do harm to him or his brother.

Though her fear was clearly evident, Shen could see that she was slowly relaxing. She had taken several small steps towards him and he hoped that these were steps of comfort, and not those of a coming attack. Fear could push one into action and even though she did not appear hostile, he stayed aware while trying to reassure the mare that he was no threat.

"It's very nice to meet you Lenore. I promise I am not here to do you any harm." He smiled again, hoping his earnestness showed through. "What brings you to this place? Do you live near here?"

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games