Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] The Biggest Winter! (Ahote x Eponine)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nori Ishida

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:58 pm
User Image

The small pony had sheltered underneath a rocky overhang just in time last night. He felt the cold winds coming in fast, blowing in the strongest wintery wind he had ever felt. He adored wintertime and felt more alive than ever when the cold time came, and snow was one of his favorite things! But he could tell that this would be a big snow, and the fluffy white flakes had begun to fall fast and heavy shortly after he took shelter.

His sleep was disturbed a few times when a strong gust howled past, but for the most part he slept well, curled up against the back wall of the overhang. He woke excitedly and, after a quick stretch, ran to the edge of his shelter to gaze over the fresh snow.

A wide smile cracked his face as he gazed across the snowy field in front of him. He had never seen so much snow in his life! Taking a few steps out, he could tell that the snow was deeper than he was tall in some places. Maybe he could make snow tunnels! He stepped out from the cover of the rocky overhang and marched into the snow. At first it only reached his ankles, but as he continued on it rose to his shins, his knees, then almost up to his shoulders! He bounced happily on his feet as he cleared away the snow ahead of him, cutting a path through the field.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:04 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The blizzard that came down from the north had surprised Eponine--but having lived much of her life in the snow-capped peaks of the mountains, she was accustomed to inclement weather. The howling winds, the blistering cold, and the white-out conditions had been unpleasant--but her blue coat had been grown out for the past few months, and the shelter she had sought with Aureate had been more than enough to get them through the unexpected storm. So it was, the mare had woken up to a marshmallow world--everything was absolutely blanketed in white. Visually, it looked absolutely stunning, and Eponine took some time to admire the pristine view. Unsurprisingly, though, the quiet hush of morning and the blanket of white surrounding her did call to her--she might have long been a filly, but she couldn't help but wish to be out in all that snow!

So it was, the usually quiet and shy mare bounded out into the winter wonderland. While she didn't quite kick up her hooves, the cold was refreshing, and it felt good to act a little silly. Part of her yearned to have foals or grandfoals with which to share such winter fun... but she was more than certain she could not. Surely, if Aureate and she were destined for a family, it would have happened by now... wouldn't it? No, it seemed as if her chance for a family was more or less over.

The pain that gripped her heart hurt--but it did not devastate her as it once had. Her foolishness as a mother-too-young years ago had consequences; why should the spirits give her another opportunity? Cassiel had been a gift, and she had inadvertently driven her daughter away. While she prayed for her happiness, wherever she might be, it had taken years to find acceptance She had made mistakes, and while the burden of blame was certainly hers, she had done everything she could to make it right--or at least, she had tried to.

That the spirits seemed to make it impossible for her to carry more children, Eponine had long since accepted her fate. And just because she couldn't have them, didn't mean her life was over. She had Aureate, most importantly. She had her mother, her father, her siblings, and plenty of nieces and nephews to spoil. Her life might not have been perfect, but she was trying everyday to make it meaningful.

Kicking up her heels at the snow might have been a far cry from her goal--but it was, at minimum, fun. She was alive, she was here, and there was nothing but beauty around her. Her spirit might have once been weighted down with depression, regret, and heartache -- but she had come a long way from then.

Pushing her way through the thick snows, Eponine hadn't expected to run into anyone else so early. So it was she found her ears pricking as something dark and small seemed to be cutting through the snow not far before her. At first, she had assumed it was a stocky foal, out enjoying the snow. But the closer she drew, the more she realized that her assumption was mistaken -- that was no foal, but a full-grown usdia!

"Hello th-th-there!" She called out, ignoring her stammer and stutter. While she wouldn't stop the stranger, she figured it would be rude to ignore them entirely -- especially when they were perhaps the only two awake and ready to explore the snow covered wilderness.

Nori Ishida

Uta

Shy Mage

Nori Ishida

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:03 pm
The little pony dug and dug, the snow now reaching nearly up to his ears. He used his hooves to push the snow aside and nudged his way through with his nose, his head bent low to the ground. His excitement pounded his in ears and with his head buried in snow, Ahote did not hear the mare's approach, but perked his head up sharply when she spoke. He swung his head around in all directions, snow flying off his face and nose, until his eyes landed on the blue mare.

He gasped as he took her in, her white ankles giving way to an opalescent blue. She appeared almost shiny to the small stallion, her long pale mane falling to the ground and becoming one with the snow. Noticing his mouth was agape, he quickly threw a smile on his face.

"Are you cold?" he asked, mistaking her stutter for a shiver. "I'm making a snow cave! You could come get warm inside!" He looked the mare up and down, gauging her size. His eyes flitted back to his tunnel, then back to the mare. "Um, you might have to duck, though," he said, his head tilted to the side.

His quick little mind often forgot greetings and introductions, blurting out the first thing that came to his mind instead. There were some that took offense at the pony's impulsive and excited nature, but he was just typically elated with the world around him and had difficulty containing himself.

Uta

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:39 am

Eponine was surprised by the small usdia's gumption and excitement. He certainly seemed to be on a mission digging through all the snow, and it would have never occurred to her to make some sort of snow cave. The snows would have had to be much deeper for her to fit -- but she was still a delicate and small mare, and it was possible, if she ducked low and was careful, that she might be able to visit with the stranger.

It didn't occur to Eponine that her stutter might be mistaken for a shiver--she hardly thought much about it, in her age, and was less paranoid. Time, experience, and practice meant she stumbled over her words as much as she had as a young mare. It was cold out, after all the snowfall, and the powerful winds--but there was beauty to be found after the storm. "If you th-think I'd fit," she mused with a small chuckle. "I wouldn't wish t-t-to ruin all your hard work."

Eponine certainly didn't mind the distraction. Her morning was free, and besides admiring the world in its blanket of white, she had no where further to be. Perhaps she could take another walk later that day, with Aureate, and catch him up on this encounter. "I'm Eponine, by the way. Are you a resident in these parts or just passing through?" She figured she might as well ask -- while she didn't recognize the usdia, that didn't mean this wasn't his homeland, too. Much of her life had been spent wandering with her head in the clouds, or so heart-sore and distressed she hardly could see what was in front of her nose. It was only lately that she'd found the strength to accept what could not be changed.. and to try to make the most of her life with Aureate and the rest of her family.

Nori Ishida

Uta

Shy Mage

Nori Ishida

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:20 pm
Ahote's feet shuffled beneath him, his general excitement with life too much to contain. This happy dance was a common habit, his endless fascination with the world around him often showing in little fidgets, skips, and hops. He knew that some more serious folks found it annoying, but he hoped it didn't bother his new friend.

"I'm Ahote, it's nice to meet you Eponine! I do live around here! I like to stay near the fields because the rabbits like to hide in the grass. We play tag a lot!"

He wondered where his rabbit friends were now. He hoped they were able to burrow underground and find a safe spot before the big snow came. If it almost buried Ahote, surely it would be too much for the bunnies to navigate.

He turned back briefly to peer into the start of the tunnel he was making and then squinted at the height before looking back at Eponine. "It might be a tight fit," he admitted. "But I don't care if it falls! Then we can just make something else out of the snow!"

There were no worries to be had today! He had a new friend and so much snow to play with! It all melts anyway, so who cares if his snow cave falls in?

Uta

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:48 pm

If Eponine noticed that the little usdia shuffled and moved about with eagerness, she certainly didn't say! While it might have been peculiar, she wasn't the sort to judge others, especially when what they did was harmless. The little usdia seemed to be a cheerful sort, and his good-natured warmth was a pleasant surprise.

"I see," she replied with a smile. "I live closer to th-th-the mountains, but have been known to travel. I don't think I've ever m-m-made friends with rabbits--how charming a notion!" Honestly, Eponine had only really made friends with other soquili, though there were familiar birds that came to roost near her homelands. She suspected any rabbits or smaller animals that called this are home were well content in their burrows.

"Well, if you d-don't mind the risk," Eponine mused, taking a few steps closer so she might figure out the best way to visit this snow cave. It reminded her of when she and her siblings were little--the games they used to play as foals, kicking up the snow, and living life to the fullest. How young and innocent they had all been. It absolutely seemed like a lifetime ago, and perhaps, in a way, it was. Now her siblings were all grown, with their own families, and stories. Perhaps if Aureate and she had ever had a family, she might have played snow games....

Mph.

But that something to think about another time. She wouldn't feel regret here, in this moment. No, she would instead simply embrace her inner foal, and play in the snow with her new found companion.

Nori Ishida
Up to you if want Eponine to fit into the cave, or for it to collapse. :3 If it's easier for you to place her in the cave for your next post (or her attempting to fit into it) you've my permission to pose her as needed!

Uta

Shy Mage

Nori Ishida

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:24 pm
He leapt a few inches into the air, he was so full of excitement that the mare accepted his invitation to play! New friends were the best, and this mare seemed to not be bothered by his boisterous energy. He felt no need to hold back his silliness around her.

"I don't mind at all! There's no risk if we're just having fun!" He dug a little bit further into his tunnel to hollow out a small cave. It did surprisingly well at blocking the wind, but the fresh snow was so light and fluffy that the sun still shone through, casting a golden glow around the small chamber. He exited the snowy tunnel and beamed at Eponine. "I think it's ready!"

He danced a little circle around her and watched as she entered the tunnel...and it promptly collapsed around her. The fluffy snow wasn't packed nearly tight enough to handle any kind of force or disruption, so the minute her head brushed the ceiling, the whole thing collapsed. He erupted with laughter, falling to the ground and rolling around in the snow, his mirth echoing across the snow-covered plain. "I guess I'm not such a good builder," he giggled.

Uta

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:23 pm

One moment Eponine had taken her first steps into a small little ice cave, and the next, there was nothing but white and a flurry of packed snow and ice. She had done her best to think small -- she had sucked in her breath, and flattened her ears, and been as careful as possible, but no luck. The little snow cave Ahote had built was just not meant for a full size mare. She hadn't been sure what she'd touched, if anything, or if it simply would have collapsed with a matter of time -- but there was no undoing what had happened.

Thankfully, the little usdia before her was good humored about the cave-in, and with a little shiver, the blue mare shook off the excess snow. "And I suppose I'm n-n-not such a good guest," she mused, though her words were full of jest and not truly self-deprecating. "I'm s-s-sorry that the cave didn't hold up, but it was a nice idea--and there is plenty more snow for you to t-t-try again," she encouraged with a little wag of her white tail. Perhaps his next attempt would be more sturdy -- especially if she wasn't there to cause it to tumble!

Nori Ishida

Uta

Shy Mage

Nori Ishida

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:14 am
Ahote gathered himself and regained his feet once more, shaking off the snow as he rose. He smiled widely at Eponine, glad to see that she was having fun as well. "Yes, plenty! I think I might be done with building for today, though." He kicked at the crumbled remains of his tunnel, pondering what game he could play next. The day was young, and his familiar lands looked so foreign covered in the deep sheet of white that it was like exploring an entirely different place. There were so many adventures he could get into today!

He suddenly leapt in the air, remembering his rabbit friends. "I think I'm going to go find the bunnies! I should make sure they're ok and see if they need any help digging out of the snow." He wasn't very big himself, but he was definitely bigger than his rabbit friends and would help them in any way he could. "I'm sure they are ok. Do you know how to play tag?! They're really good at it. Too fast for me, sometimes!" He was so happy to have a new friend, he wanted to show her all the fun things he liked to do. Whether she took him up on it this time or not, he hoped to play with Eponine again someday.

Uta

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:38 pm

Eponine didn't blame the small mini for being done with building. It would take an awful lot of work to make a brand new cave, and the pale haired mare didn't wish to ruin that one, either. Thankfully, Ahote seemed to have taken it all in good stride, and didn't seem the least put out. She'd certainly have quite an adventure to tell Aureate upon her return.

With blue ears pricked, she listened to the exciteable stranger. He seemed to bounce from one topic to the next in the most breezy of fashions. He seemed to look through the world with wonder and innocence, and reminded her of an overgrown colt. Not that it was a bad thing -- he seemed to so light hearted compared to her. Wasn't this how she viewed the world as a youth so many years prior?

"I have no doubt your bunny f-f-friends are all right. They're made to handle the snow and c-c-cold, after all and might be curled up snug-as-a-b-b-bug!" She wasn't as concerned but that was simply because she knew that rabbits could ward off the cold and burrow in their dens to ride out such storms. "I haven't played t-t-tag in a long time," she confessed drolly, "But I seem to remember the rules. I have no doubt you and your spry rabbit friends are m-m-more suited to the game than I." She wasn't old, per say, but she was no spring chicken. How long had it been since she kicked up her heels or ran wildly through the plains? Aureate was the daredevil between the two of them, after all.

"I should b-b-be getting back though to check on my mate. Perhaps we can meet again, and I m-m-might get to be introduced to your r-r-rabbit friends? If you don't need help f-f-finding them, that is." If Ahote needed help seeking out the den of rabbits, Eponine would certainly help -- but if not, she was eager to return to Aureate and tell him of her friendly encounter.

Nori Ishida

Uta

Shy Mage

Nori Ishida

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:50 am
Ahote nodded in response to Eponine's reassurance that his friends were safe underground. "You're right, they know what to do."

He listened as she talked about her mate and his smile faltered ever so slightly. He had not yet met the partner of his dreams, but he hoped to one day. Though he was patient and knew that the right one would come along, he couldn't help but envy the fact that Eponine had somebody to check up on, somebody that was sure to have her back. But Ahote quickly regained his cheery demeanor. He had many friends who would have his back, and of course had his bunny friends to check up on.

"I hope your mate is well, and I hope that one day we can meet again! I would love to introduce you to the rabbits, they're so much fun!" He danced another little shifty dance before turning on his heels. "It was nice to meet you, Eponine!" He shouted over his shoulder as he trotted away across the snowy field in search of his friends.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games