Submit

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:41 am
User ImageWhen Cal pushed ahead of her seemingly without thought Scar had a moment where she struggled with mixed emotions. She was used to gentlemanly behavior but her previous experiences had been of someone who had been raised and conditioned that way. This rough stallion was just behaving naturally. Normally she would have protested something so chivalrous as being demeaning to her own strength but from him it just seemed to be a genuine gesture of merely using skills he had, that she lacked, to ensure their mutual safety. Hm. Interesting. And kind of charming.
Shaking herself from her thoughts she realized she was still standing out in the weather while he was busy settling in. Chuckling quitetly to herself for getting caught so off guard by his behavior she made her way into the cave. Following his example she shook the snow and ice from her coat and took a quick glance around. It wasn’t exactly cozy but it was better than being out in the wind and snow. It was also just small enough that with any luck their body heat would keep it warm enough that they wouldn’t freeze. She found herself grateful that she had accepted his offer of sheltering together. It would have been a more miserable situation to have sat somewhere by her self shivering. And his company was more than bearable if not ideal.
She realized he was talking to her while she was once again lost in her head.
“Hm?” She started as her brain processed what he had been saying. “Oh. Yes. That’s fine by me. I don’t think we’ll really have to worry about unwanted visitors but you never know who else may have gotten caught out.” She settled next to him. Not so close as to be cozy but still close enough to take advantage of the combined heat of their bodies.
“Make sure you wake me when it’s my turn.” She stated matter of factly tucking herself into a ball. She wouldn’t sleep right away. He was still a stranger after all and it never did any good to trust blindly. Still, she was just so tired after traveling all day. Despite her best efforts it wasn’t long before she had dozed off.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:16 am
User Image Cal has been watching her as she wandered within her thoughts outside of the cave, he himself curious what could be filling that interesting mares mind. He noticed her little chuckle to herself. She’s got a cute laugh, he was able to hear it even from that distance. He hid his smirk with a nod at her. At least she agreed with his idea. It would definitely not be ideal to have both parties argue about important points in their adventure.

“Yeah you never know.” Cal agreed as he thought back to that scout, already coming up with escape plans and battle tactics should he show his face again. He realized she had given him what sounded like an order. “Ah yes” he confirmed. Not that he would have to trade watch with her. The wolf only needed to lie down a little, his little snack was already nourishing him. A great kill even if small, quality over quantity!

Nah, he would let her rest fully. She needed it more than he did anyway.

Cal watched as the month of the cave began to pile up on the edge, higher and higher with snow and ice. His gaze getting a little lost in the flurries and swirls of snow and wind. He couldn’t recall the last time the weather was this bad. He then noticed that his gaze was settled on the mare tucked into her little ball of slumber. Crazy girl out here all alone! What if that black fuzzy jerk had found her first? Would she really had been fine despite her fiery spirit?

Ryghann

Romantic Krampus

11,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:27 am
User ImageScarlet drifted in a half awake state. Her mind dreamily replaying the events of the evening before. Getting caught in the storm and meeting the wolfish stallion. Thinking of which . . . She jerked herself awake and looked toward the entrance of the cave. Her efforts rewarded her with an eyefull of brilliantly bright sunlight reflecting off the snow that was visible through the mouth of the cave. Did she oversleep? Why hadn't he woken her? Did that jerk abandon her? She couldn't believe she had taken such a risk as to trust a strange stallion. Stupid stupid. Would she ever learn?

She shook her head trying to clear her vision and lurched to her feet trying to look around the cave to see if he had left any traces or . . . if maybe he had fallen asleep. With a frustrated snort she glared into the dimness as she waited for her vision to clear enough to see, in the off chance, if he was still there.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:19 am
*HUNTING VIOLENCE TRIGGER WARNING*

User Image Calon had gone out in the morning before the sun crested over the heavy snow laden forest after he made sure nothing was around to disturb the mare that was his interesting shelter buddy. Not only was he hungry but she was probably hungry too….. but what do these things eat ?? Humph! He would just have to bring a bunch of different things. But first…..

He stretched all of his muscles, the ache from his scrap almost gone as he set out of the cave at a quickened pace. The crispy snowy air filled his lungs as he whuffed out clouds of hot breath while he ran towards the smell of prey, it wasn’t too far off from their position. Slowing to a stalk he prowled silently through the deep snow towards what smelled like a boar. He would have to get closer to see if it was worth his time and sure enough by the time he had gotten there the boar was foolishly lazing about under the edge of a thick tree that shielded against the deep snow. Looks like the thing gorged itself on a winterberry bush and is sleeping off the fullness.

What luck for cal! He would make it swift and painless for this fat delicious looking morsel. His eyes glowed with intention as he crept closely with expert stealth, blending in with the morning shadows. The pig slept the best sleep of its life as Calon dove in with jowels agape. Clenching down hard on the pigs throat he did his signature spin jerk with his head, the pigs neck making a deep crack sound as cal did in fact make it fast and more importantly silent, the pig had no time to squeal as the wolf dragged his corpse to a rocky covered area, the blood had been pooling in his fangs and only started to mark after he made it to the covered area. Cal ate his fill quickly but left a portion for the mare just in case. He wasn’t sure but why not? He had enough for himself this time.

But he needed more than just meats. Using his skilled sense of smell he relocated the winterberries but had to come up with a way to bring it all to her. Looking around his eyes fell upon a branch with a bit of a Y shape to it, it had a healthy amount of nettles on it so he lay the meat across the two smaller ends, then started to stack various nuts and berries on the meat like a little bowl. Once he finished gathering what he thought might be edible to the mare he wagged his tail a bit proud of his ingenuity. Grabbing the longer end he started to pull the branch in his teeth, it was like a little sleigh. It seemed easy enough to pull with only a few tricky spots but by the time he made it back to the cave it was already getting pretty bright. He hoped his efforts weren’t wasted as he dragged the limb inside.

Calon looked around and his sight greeted him with a very grumpy and squinty looking scarlet. He chuckled with a mouthful of branch and dragged the horde of goodies over to her stopping the “basket” beside her and puffing his chest like he won some kind of game. He gave her a big toothy grin not even carrying the pigs blood was trailing from his mouth down his chest. “Morning.” He greeted as her low down next to her to lick the favoring paw from yesterday.

Ryghann

Romantic Krampus

11,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:38 am
User ImageWhen she heard Calon enter the cave Scarlet immediately rounded on him, her not yet adjusted eyes and irritation making her oblivious to the bounty he had brought.
“Why didn’t you wake me for my turn to watch? And why were you wandering out and about?” Her ears were pinned back but she still tried to use her senses to tell if he had perhaps been out trying to lead danger back to them. It was then that her nose finally caught the scent of the food he had brought back and immediately she felt a bit embarrassed as she finally was able to make the feats he had left at her feet. However she still pinned him with a little side eye. “Thank you for finding food. You still should have woken me and at least let me know what you were up to.” With that she began picking the berries from among the meat.

As the hunger she hadn’t been aware she had faded her irritation all but completely fled and she eyed over the stallion who was sharing her space.
“What are your plans if I may ask? I myself need to be on my way shortly. Duty calls and this snow is going to slow my travel so I need to keep moving if I’m to make it where I’m going in a timely manner.” Her ears flicked as an idea began to form in her mind. Oh what a sensation it would cause in her family if the wayward daughter brought home a stallion. A nice manipulatable normal stallion would be well welcomed but if she could talk this feral shaggy wolf of a beast into coming along she could just imagine the look on her grandmother’s face. In the time they had spent together she hadn’t found his company too abrasive and if he got annoying she could always ditch him later. That settled it. She was inviting him.
“If you don’t have any pressing matters to get to you would be welcome to travel with me. I’m going home to my family herd to help prepare for a celebration. Outsiders are welcomed if they arrive with a herd member.” She watched him with a neutral expression awaiting his answer.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:07 am
User ImageHe thought about how to answer for a while as he got most of the blood off of himself. Calon wasn’t used to prolonged company but this mare seemed ok. He thought about his plans a bit, survival as always and then her idea sounded decent to him. At least he would be able to possibly stock up on some things, or eat a decent meal. He understood that he was a bit scary to the pony folk but he always tried to not bother them too much, they were always busy with something here or there. Never taking time to enjoy nature to the fullest.

He said to her plain and simple,”you really needed rest. I could tell, that’s why I didn’t wake you. Looked like you were getting real sleep after a long time of not having much.” He shrugged as he watched her choose the berries out of the pile and was glad he got the amount he did

“Yeah I don’t really have very many plans…. I just go where the wind and moon guide me.” He smirked and shook his mane stoically as he thought about how free his lifestyle was. “A celebration huh? That sounds pretty cool.” Why not? He thought to himself,”sure! That sounds fun!” He gave a little wag at the excitement of something new. “I’ve never been to a sell….sella bration before.” With remembering that she was pressed for time he got up and made sure she had what she wanted to eat before gathering the rest of the goodies and digging a swift hole in a soft back corner of their hideout, he made quick work of hiding and covering the stash and was set in no time. Calon smirked, nodded at the pile then nodded at her.

Word total 2265  

Ryghann

Romantic Krampus

11,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:18 am
User ImageScarlet watched him go through the thought process of deciding it was worth his while to go with her. It impressed her by no small amount that as soon as the decision was made he very quickly and efficiently cleaned up their camp and was ready to go. She couldn't help but let a small smile grace her lips.
"I appreciate the thought for letting me sleep but please do wake me next time." She flicked her tail and headed toward the cave entrance pausing to glance at him over her shoulder. "And I'm honored that you've decided to travel with me." With that she turned back toward the portal to the daylight and bounded through feeling a surge of joy at the sight of the crisp clean world all covered in white. The crunch of snow under her hooves lifted her spirits as she turned up the mountain slope in the direction of home. This would be the first time in a long time that she wasn't dreading heading there. She looked forward to t he stir her new companion would make. With thoughts of where this new adventure could go she set off at a brisk trot without even a backward glance, sure he would follow.

total: 2508  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces