User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

King Richard woke up slowly. His back and his neck seemed twisted in ways they shouldn't be. He'd been traveling the day before and hadn't been able to find a decent place to sleep. Just after the sun had set, he'd found a thicket of the most prickly brambles to tuck himself into; which in itself was hard because he was a substantual stallion and it wasn't a very big bramble patch. Determined to make the best of his situation without complaint, King Richard tucked his robe in around himself and settled in.

Now he woke with the sun shining in his face and a black sillouetted figure before him. He blinked to try to clear his eyes and shaded his face with a wing. "Hello? Who's there?"

User Image

Seeing the stallion awake and that he wasn't dead, Roxie The Fabulous flipped her wings against her flanks. She gave a slight sniff of distain. "You are a mess, if you'd mind my saying so. What possessed you to sleep out here in the brambles of all places?" Roxie could tell the stallion of was good blood and stock. So what had possessed him to sleep out here of all places?

The winged bobcat moved to the side so the sun wasn't directly behind her and sat in a relatively clean patch of ground. She curled her large fluffy tail around her paws.

He squinted until the speaker moved. King Richard was surprised to see a bright pink winged bobcat now sitting facing him. He crawled out and heaved himself to his hooves. Looking down at himself, he chuckled ruefully. He was covered in dead leaves and twigs. "I fear I must agree with you My Lady. I must apologize for my appearance this day."

He looked down at her and was impressed. She looked so refined and elegant. "I am passing through and although I looked, no where else seemed suitable to spend the night. I am called King Richard." He gave a courtly bow to the feline. Richard hoped she wouldn't judge him too harshly on his current appearance and circumstances.

He was much larger than she'd initially estimated. Her blue eyes widened as he stood up. Well well, he was an alicorn. She'd been unable to fully guess while he'd been hidden in the brambles. Roxie nodded her head politely as he apologized.

That would certainly explain it. He had no idea of the area. So he was a king was he? That absolutely caught her attention. "I am Roxie The Fabulous." For a moment she sat; the bobcat watched him and considered her options. Suddenly she rose to her paws. "Come. I can't leave you like this." Roxie turned and headed off in a direction.

Richard thought she was impressed by something, but wasn't sure what it might be. He took a pause to look around himself in the better light. It all looked like untamed wilderness as far as he could tell. Richard wasn't sure where he was going or what exactly he was looking for yet.

When Roxie started to speak, he immediately turned his attention backto her. "That is a lovely name." Then silence. Richard shifted on his hooves as she sat and sat and stared at him. Just as he was wondering if he'd said something offensive, she suddenly rose to her paws and told him to come. Baffled for a moment by the suddeness, he stood there as she started to walk off. Belated he followed. "Pardon?"

She kept walking, but listening for the heavy hoof falls that would tell her he was following. It took him awhile to process, but eventually she heard the sound she was expecting. Roxie moved into a brisk trot, which wouldn't be more than a firm walk for the stallion. She smiled as he asked for clarification.

"I cannot simply leave you as I found you. I am taking you to my home so that I can get you cleaned up properly." Roxie looked over her shoulder to look at his confused face. She chuckled softly. "What do you say to an advisor of sorts King Richard? I could make sure your presentable and don't end up like that again." She waved a paw at his current appearance.

Richard easily kept pace. He was just a little embarrassed that he would need someone to take care of him. "I appreiate your kindness and hospitality Roxie." In truth, he would love to be clean and presentable again. Richard was startled by her question out of the blue.

An advisor? Someone like that could be useful to him. And she seemed so refined and capable. "I would say that is a generous offer. I could use someone like that, but I do not yet know where I am going." She might not want to leave her home after all. Richard wasn't sure that he was meant to stay here.

Roxie gave a rumbling purr as they came to her glad. "Of course it is but a simple thing. Please leave your cape and clothing here. There is a stream over yonder behind the trees that you can bathe while I clean these for you."

As she waited for him to comply, the bobcat watched him consider her second offer. She'd been waiting for exactly someone like him. Someone who could be just as posh as she was with a little polishing. The fact he called himself a king, might only have a little bit to do with her offer. "This is just where I live currently. It is convenient. Nothing more."

He was touched by her generousness. Richard removed his robe and collar and laid them down neatly for Roxie. He looked towards where she directioned. If she hadn't said anything he wouldn't have guessed a stream was over there. "Thank you. I shall be back shortly."

As he walked towards the stream, he mulled over her offer. It was easier on his conciousness that she didn't appear attached to this particular area. Richard stepped into the cold stream and washed himself clean of mud, twigs, and thorns. He felt much better as he stepped out, if colder.

He came back to Roxie's clearing. "I've thought it over and decided to accept your offer." If she had been any common beast from the forest he would have had to decline. The fact she was pristine and beautiful in her items struck him with her cultivated nature.

After he headed off to his bath, Roxie set up a bed for him to rest in the sun while he dried. Then she spread out the collar and cloak on a flat rock to being working on pulling out all the stickers. It was slow and tedious, but she was fully involved when the stallion finally returned.

Roxie looked up with a smile. "Enjoy your bath?" She nodded towards the bed she'd made. "Please dry off and relax." She continued her work and nodded. "I am pleased to hear you say that. Would you like to leave right away or perhaps in the morning afte a good rest?"

Richard moved off to the side and gave himself a good shake to shed as much water as possible. "You are a very good host," he said as he came back and settled himself onto the warm fragrant bedding. He watched her careful work with his items and admired the delicate way she plucked the offending foliage from the ruffle.

After a moment of consideration he replied. "I believe a nice rest, some good grazing, and excellent company is in order before setting out in the morning."

WC: 1,273