Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:02 am
Daisicle
It was nearing the end of the short winter's day with dusk very soon to touch the horizon when a pair of daemon arrived at the entrance of Partyzia. It was later than Coracias had anticipated due to a miscalculation on how quickly Masozi would be able to fly and how frequently he'd need a break. She was aware her own abilities were abnormal, but still... wasn't he just a bit too slow? She'd of course teased him about it and ended up offering to lighten his literal load, but they'd almost had to continue travelling in the dark.

At least they were here now.

She gave a sigh and flopped onto her back on the visitor's lodging's mattress, arms spread. Thank the Guardians there had still been a two-bed room available - having individual rooms would not only have been a pain, but also more expensive. She turned her head without getting up to look over at him. "Hey, you good? Feeling alright?"

Menelie
It had been a relatively easy thing, shirking his duties for a small vacation. It may have helped(?) that it seemed the whole damn village knew what was going on and seemed to be supportive. Busybodies, the lot of them. Cosme had been the worst and kept making lewd remarks until Cari threatened to toss him off the cliffs.

Masozi, too, had flopped onto his bed, staring up at the ceiling. He hadn't realized what a powerhouse Cora was! They'd made decent time, even with him lagging behind, and he was incredibly thankful their day of travel was over. "Guardians it's been a loooong time since I've flown so much," he said. "I am both exhilarated and exhausted."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:04 am
Daisicle
Cora smirked and, had it not involved her moving, would have poked fun at him in the literal sense. "You really ought to practice flying more often, y'know? That was pretty bad." She looked up at the ceiling and kicked her feet. "Man I feel so gross... I need a wash." Glance back to him. "Did you want to go first?"

Menelie
Masozi chuckled. "When would I have had time to practice?" He retorted. "But anytime you wanna go out flying, I'm game." He lifted an arm and waved dismissively. "Ladies first," he deferred. He was being gentlemanly but he also did definitely need to rest.

Daisicle
"Could always fly between locations instead of walking - just saying." She wasn't saying he needed to prioritize it or anything, but she'd hate to see his muscle atrophy from lack of use. What point were wings if you couldn't fly? She raised her own arm to give a thumbs up as she said, "Okay," before swinging her legs to give her the momentum to sit up.

Just before entering the bathroom, she gave him a little snicker. "Just knock if you decide you want to join~" This was a bluff to tease him since she figured there was no way he's actually come in.

Menelie
"That seems so very boring," he was saying as she got up. Which probably meant it was perfect for him.

Her last comment, though, made him sit up on his elbows abruptly. "Wh--you're not serious, are you?" He looked over at her expression and scoffed, making a "get outta here" motion, realizing she was trying to get a reaction out of him.

As she anticipated, he did not knock while she was in the shower. He did, however, indulge in a little daydreaming about what she might look like in there, steam rising around her, water dripping over her curves....

Suddenly he had a little energy. He stood and began settling his things away, putting personal care items on the night table and tucking his knapsack under the bed.

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:07 am
Daisicle
Cora's nose wrinkled and her smugness was near palpable as she got the desired reaction and she offered a wave before seeing herself in. She took her time in appreciating the unique plumbing and available liquid soap concoctions before cleaning herself off.

As she left, her damp hair fell down in small waves to her mid-back - probably the first time Masozi would have seen it let down - and continued to drip small amounts of water onto the borrowed down she had wrapped around her. "Oh, look at you getting all comfy. Guess we were gonna stay a few days." She walked on over.

Menelie
Masozi tried, mostly successfully, not to stare. He cleared his throat and rubbed the back of his neck, the tips of his ears turning pink. He gestured around, "Uh, yeah...mostly I didn't want us to trip over anything..."

He stole another glance at her. "Your hair looks lovely loose like that," he remarked appreciatively. He wondered how she'd react, he'd never really complimented her appearance before.

Daisicle
Cora grinned as she got closer and started seeing him get flustered. That said, her expression stiffened just slightly and a light blush spread on her cheeks with his compliment, only for her to follow up by patting him on the shoulder with a smirk. "So you get off to a young maiden's freshly-washed hair - good to know."

"Bet the bathroom still smells of my soap if that'd do it for you too. You can close your eyes and pretend I'm still in there with you."

Menelie
That was...certainly not the reaction he had been expecting. He put his hands on his hips and furrowed his brow. "Now look here--" and he cut himself off, realizing she'd gotten him again. He hung his head. "Never not going to fall for that," he muttered, shaking his head.

"And with that I'll excuse myself." He took a few steps toward the bathroom. Then, deciding to experiment, he turned and added: "Just knock if you decide you want to join~," he attempted a tease, then closed the door behind him before she could respond.

Well that had certainly been a strong reaction to a relatively innocent compliment. Masozi wasn't certain he could get used to that.

Daisicle
Cora waved him off before pulling her own bag next to her bed - she'd just live out of it rather than actually unpacking. She took off her towel and used it to wrap up her hair before walking over to the bathroom and giving it two small knocks.

Time to troll.

Menelie
"Come in~!" Called Masozi from inside with a singsongy voice. "Very funny, Coracias!" He wasn't falling for that again. Not twice in the same day. He eyed the selection of soaps and tried to make a decision. Too many choices...

Daisicle
Cora pouted and furrowed her brow as he called her bluff - she couldn't have that. Now she had no choice. So in a decisive motion, she opened the door wide. "Guess you don't mind if I actually come in then."

Menelie
Masozi paused what he was doing (washing his hair) and blinked at Cora a few times. "What, did you forget something?" He said, trying to be calm. He stepped under the water again to rinse his hair. He didn't believe for a second she would actually get in. She was just trying to get a rise out of him again. The teasing he enjoyed; this constant needling, however, was getting old.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:10 am
Daisicle
Cora appeared for a moment to be visibly frustrated before taking a breath and smiling. She was too committed to accept defeat at this point, her embarrassment be damned. She took a few steps in, tossed her towel from her hair onto a rack, grabbed some soap, and moved behind him to start "cleaning" his back (which was mostly just rubbing the bar on it). "Forgot to make sure you got everything..." She half-mumbled before putting the soap back and just as abruptly grabbing a new towel (since her first one was now wet) and exiting.

Menelie
Masozi's eyes had been closed when she'd actually stepped into the shower with him and he froze. He was too dumbfounded to say or do anything, or even to enjoy the touch. After she left, he stood there with an entirely confused expression for a moment.

He replayed what had happened in his head. Did he call her bluff and then she had doubled down? Is that what had just happened? He couldn't help but chuckle to himself. If he could just figure out when she was teasing, they were sure to have a lot of fun.

He toweled himself off most of the way then grabbed a smaller one for his hair. When he came out into the room he had it on his head, rubbing vigorously to dry his curls, which currently were looking very shaggy and straight from the water.

Daisicle
Cora had paused outside the door to collect herself when she'd first left, but by the time he came out too, she was casually looking at a menu. She glanced over at him and then back. "Look at this - I think these are faun and naiad writing scripts."

Menelie
Masozi paused his hair-drying and walked over. "That right? Huh. Don't think I've ever actually seen those before." He peered at it. "Wonder how they read them. It almost doesn't look real, does it?" He elbowed her gently. "Then again I'm sure you'll have learned them both entirely by the time we leave," he said.

Daisicle
She glanced up at him before looking back at the pamphlet with a small smirk. "I could always just stay until I do." She passed it to him. "I'm too lazy to go out tonight - see anything that looks good to you in there? Figure we can just grab something downstairs."

Menelie
Masozi took the menu and took a look. "Sure, let me know what you'd like and I'll go fetch it," he offered. He didn't know what half of this was, but he would order something familiar. He gave her the menu back and took a few steps away, toward his bed, to finish drying off. He fluttered his wings softly to dry them.

Daisicle
"Arent you being quite the gentleman... But I will take you up on your offer." She rolled onto her stomach and looked over. "I'll take the barbequed chicken with pineapple over coconut rice plus a Mai Tai. Large, of course."

Menelie
"Terminally," he agreed with a grave expression, then smiled. "Back soon."

Masozi headed down to the pub below and spoke to the server. He put in Cora's order then nearly asked for something familiar...but then changed his mind. He asked the server to make a recommendation. He wound up ordering nearly the same thing Cora did, only with salmon instead of chicken. He ordered a piƱa colada to go with his meal, as he thought the pineapple would complement it.

He sat at the bar and waited for the meal. He took a few minutes to think, without Cora's distracting presence. Could they make this work? They were....demonstrably so different. She was adventurous where he was predictable. He was sincere where she was a constant tease. Did opposites really attract? Or were they just too different?

He thanked the server and paid for the meal when it arrived, then carefully carried the tray up to their room.

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:13 am
Daisicle
Cora waved Masozi off with a, "Take care~" before pulling herself further onto the bed to get comfier. She mused about how he was getting harder to get a rise out of today, but perhaps that was due to the extended time together. Or maybe he was just like this when he wasn't so preoccupied with other things, like he was at Koehaira. Thinking that way, it was pretty exciting to see a side to him others didn't - it made her rather glad she'd decided to invite him in this trip after all...

It didn't take too long for the weariness from the flight earlier to kick in and for her doze off.

Menelie
"Dinner is served," said Masozi in a fancy-pants accent, before noticing Cora had fallen asleep. A warm smile spread on his face and he quietly put the tray down on the small table in their room and closed the door. He sat on his bed and watched her a moment. She looked so soft and delicate like this. His heart ached.

But now, a dilemma. Did he wake her and risk her ire? Or did he let her sleep and...risk her ire? Hm. No right answer here...she was definitely going to give him hell either way.. He looked over at the food. From what he knew of Coracias, she wouldn't want it to go to waste.

He knelt by her bed and put a gentle hand on her hand, rubbing his thumb over her knuckles. "Cora..." He called softly.

Daisicle
Cora instinctively swatted back at Masozi from the stimuli on her knuckle before rolling over onto her back. A few moments later, she stirred and sleepily opened her eyes before sitting up. "Damn, can't believe I dozed off." She rubbed her eyes before looking over at Masozi. "You didn't do anything lewd while I was asleep, did you?" Her teasing came off more deadpan than usual, given she was still waking up.

Menelie
Masozi sat back on his bed as she stirred. He was deeply amused that she'd been more tired than she had let on.

He was very tempted to snark back with a line like you'll just have to wonder won't you but unfortunately he was just too much of a gentleman. He scoffed and put his hands on his hips. "Can't believe you'd accuse me of something so unseemly. I just got back with dinner," he said, keeping his voice soft while she was still waking up. "It smells delicious, I didn't think you'd want to miss it."

Daisicle
"I just thought you wouldn't be able to resist the temptation of a beautiful young less left in the open," still deadpan tone as she yawned and sniffed on his cue. If she'd been a rak or a faun, her ears would have perked up with her excited body language. "Oh, that does smell good~ Thanks for waking me up." She kicked her legs off the bed and practically skipped on over to the table. "So which one's mine?"

Menelie
Masozi blushed. "Wish you would give me a little credit," he murmured, then quickly took advantage of her abrupt subject change. He opened the covered dishes with a flourish. "Chicken for you, salmon for me," he said with a little bow, as a fancy restaurant server might. He paused and straightened up. "I think the yellow drink is mine, but the server didn't tell me which is which."

Daisicle
Cora gave a mock applause as he revealed the contents with a puff of accompanying steam. "Want me to put a word in to Eniko - I think she could use another server." She took a seat and grabbed the orange drink without thinking too much about it - even if it wasn't the one she ordered, she figured it'd be good all the same - and took a drink. "Yeah, this is pretty darned good."

Menelie
Masozi laughed. "I don't think I have half Eniko's charm, but thanks," he demurred. He set the plate covers down on the floor, then lifted the plates and glasses off the tray and onto the table, then put the tray on the floor. "There, now there's a bit more space." He sat down in the chair in front of his meal and tried his own drink. It was sweet and tart and cold and packed quite a wallop. "Wow," he said with an appreciative nod. "Mine too. D'you want to try?" He offered, holding the glass out.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:15 am
Daisicle
Cora smirked as she took another sip of hers. "Lookit you trying to get an indirect kiss - how sneaky." She didn't try to taste it after this comment and instead brought her food closer and took a bite, marveling at the interesting combination of sweet and savory and slightly spicy elements. It was tasty, and the way it paired with her drink... just as tasty.

Menelie
Masozi's face flicked between embarrassment and horror, and he pulled his drink back. "Didn't want to share anyway," he said defensively. Why did she always have to make it weird when he tried to be nice?

Then he too tucked into his meal. The salmon was delicious and flaky, and the acid from the pineapple made it tender. It had some kind of sweet and salty sauce on it that he also enjoyed. The coconut rice was entirely new to him and he had a hard time at first with how sweet it was, but it grew on him by the end of the meal.

After they were finished, Masozi tidied up their plates and stacked them on the tray. Afterward, he turned toward Cora and asked, "What would you like to do now?"

Daisicle
Cora took a hearty swig of her drink, nearly finishing it, as she thanked him for cleaning up before leaning back in her chair and shrugging. "Mm..." Another sip. "Well I don't feel like heading out tonight, and I figure we're not going to break that curse Cosme keeps loudly whining about... So wanna turn in for the night?"

Menelie
Masozi, who was also finishing his drink, nearly spit it out when Cora mentioned Cosme. "Cosme needs to learn to shut his mouth," he squeaked out, coughing. But he was blushing.

Regaining his composure, he rubbed his hands over his face. "Thank the Guardians, I was worried you were going to want to go out." He flopped on his bed. "Calling it a night works great for me. Goodnight, Cora."

Daisicle
"Could you tell him to? It's actually pretty annoying..." She finished off her drink and stood to place it with the rest of the dirty dishes before walking over to the candle. "You good?" She glanced over to see him laying on his bed and smiled softly. "I'll take that as a yes..."

Once the candle was blown out, she carefully moved over to her bed before crawling on it and getting comfortable under the covers.

"G'night~ Sweet dreams."

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers