Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bluedemonwolf

Darling Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:16 pm
Quote:
Prompt:

In the aftermath of the winter storm, Kawani's denizens greet the approaching spring with cautious hope. Though the frost lingers in the mountains' reaches, the thaw has arrived, and hints of the new season appear in the form of leaf buds on branches no longer bowed by snow. The following hush is broken by bird song, and the tell-tale sign of new life on the way. In some circles, now is the time to seek out alliances and renew bonds with friends and family separated by winter's grip; in others, individuals might be twitterpated, seeking out a potential mate, ever eager to show off and impress. Others still are simply eager to travel to greener pastures and savor the building warmth and the hope of an early spring. Some among the Soquili and familiars alike may be all too used to this dance, but others may find it very foreign indeed.

As the world begins to wake from the winter thaw, more and more Soquili find themselves out and about. Perhaps the winter weather had kept them at bay, but now they are here in full force, crowding the Kawani with their presence. While the competition for resources may be made all the more fierce with these strangers in the mix, some Soquili may not find their company so very loathsome after all. Then again, the rites of spring are never without some degree of drama.

How does your Soquili or familiar respond to the burgeoning Spring? Are they ready to get out there and spread their figurative (or sometimes literal) wings now that the weather is warmer? Are they out seeking new friends, new locations, or a mate? Or perhaps they are put off by all the incessant birdsong, chatty new neighbors, and twitter pated fools? Is love in the perfumed air? Or is your soq just trying to make it through the day unbothered and on a hunt for peace and quiet? The world is teaming with new life -- is your Soquili or familiar ready?

The Players:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:33 pm
Delilah paced around the clearing that was near her home. She was getting anxious as it had been months since she had last seen her brother and her adoptive son. Jeremiah was capable of taking care of himself and so was Kurone for that matter. However it didn't stop her from worrying when they were gone over the winter. Especially when that late snowstorm had hit and dumped so much snow that it made traveling impossible... or well very difficult. It normally didn't snow here so she was very surprised when she had woken up that morning to find white powder all over on the ground. She had practically freaked out seeing it as she recalled the stories her brother had told her about how the cold could kill a stallion. It took Mahlah and Fenri hours to calm her down from that and then even longer to get her to stop apologizing and checking on them.

She was very glad when the first signs of spring had begun to appear. More birds singing in the morning, trees starting to bud, and the grass turning green once again. At those signs she began her yearly anxious habit of coming to this clearing to see if any of her loved ones would be coming home that day. Every day she ventured the short distance to the clearing and would pace around waiting to see if today was the day they came home. There was a worn path around the clearing from all of her pacing. Fenri usually had to come over and chase her away to eat or even to give the poor ground a chance to bounce back and grow grass and flowers again.

She paused in her pacing and she heard the soft flapping of wings. She looked up to see her familiar, Mahlah, swoop down and land on a nearby branch. "Have you seen anything Mahlah?" She asked, "I'm sorry to ask you to fly so much to look but I'm just so worried. What if they weren't able to shelter during that storm? What if the snow got them?"

The owl clicked her beak and settled her wings against her back as Delilah spoke. "I say this every time Delilah but it's okay to ask me to search for you. It allows me to stretch my wings. I did see signs of your goat friend heading this way but nothing on Jeremiah or Kurone. I'm sure they're both fine, just probably delayed in their travels. You know snow melts and becomes water which would make the ground very muddy. Slows travel for those who walk the land."

Delilah nodded and looked down. She knew and understood what Mahlah was saying but she still couldn't stop the worries from piling up. "I wonder why Goatacus is coming over. He usually stops by later in the spring." She muttered to herself. When the owl made a 'huh?' noise she shook her head. "I'm sorry! It's nothing... just wondering what's going on with Goatacus."

Mahlah sighed at the apology but knew that telling Delilah to stop wouldn't go anywhere. "Well he's still has a day's worth of traveling to get here. Why don't we go home and check on Fenri. It is getting late you know." She spread her wings and took off, circling around the clearing to make sure that Delilah was moving to head home.

(wc: 567)  

Bluedemonwolf

Darling Hunter

Bluedemonwolf

Darling Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:01 pm
Fenri walked with her adoptive mother the next day heading towards the clearing. "Mother you know that they come and go as they please. They'll be home before you know it." She said trying to sooth Delilah's worries. She honestly wished both Jeremiah and Kurone would take Delilah's anxiety into consideration before traveling and actually stay home longer. But considering what Jeremiah did it was probably for the best that he wasn't around much. As for Kurone, her kid brother really just needed to settle down and stop wandering around so much.

"I'm sorry Fenri. I'm a terrible mom... always going on about those two and worrying about them. It just makes me so anxious when they're gone this long. And I'm doing it again, sorry." Delilah apologized for what seemed like the twentieth time. The two mares arrived at the clearing but saw no signs of the two stallions. Delilah looked around for a moment starting to begin her pacing circuit before stopping to look at Fenri as she made a comment.

"Mom maybe we should go somewhere. I saw a lovely meadow nearby that was starting to get some flowers. Wouldn't it be nice to go look at them and take our minds off the boys for a bit?" Fenri said noticing that Delilah was about to start making the dirt circuit in the clearing again. She walked over to her mother and gave her a gentle nudge. "Plus I was talking to Mahlah and she said that Goatacus was coming from the direction of that meadow. So we might run into him sooner there."

Delilah looked torn as she looked at Fenri and then to the other end of the clearing where Jeremiah usually arrived from. "I don't know... Jeremiah might come home today..." She said reluctantly. Fenri whined and pleaded with her for a few moments before she gave in. "Okay okay. We can go Fenri. I know I don't spend enough time with you." She said with a faint smile.

The two mares headed towards the meadow which wasn't too far away. There was a gentle breeze blowing as they arrived, making the flower starts bob. There weren't many blooming yet but there were many of them growing that would be blooming in the coming weeks. Looking at the flowers made Delilah relax some and she turned to smile at Fenri. "Thank you. This is definitely worth coming to see. The wind and sun make it very relaxing."

Fenri smiled back glad her plan to get her mother to calm down and relax was working. "We'll have to come back when everything is blooming. It'll be so pretty." She replied. A movement caught her eye and she turned her head to look and see what it was. A black and white head bobbed a little bit above the grass and growing plants. She sighed and looked over at her mother. "Your friend is here."

(wc: 489)  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:10 pm
Goatacus spotted the two mares as he made his way towards Jeremiah's family's home. His boss wanted him to check in on his sister and to make sure that she was alright. It was a typical spring job for the goat. Delilah never knew that Jeremiah had a gang or that he had put guards on her to keep her safe. "Delilah! Fenri! What a wonderful day has been blessed upon the sight of you both!" He called out putting on the charm for Delilah. As he expected she blushed and stammered back at him. He smiled at her and had to keep it pasted to his face as he took in the cold look Fenri gave him behind Delilah's back. "How have you been? I know Jeremiah hasn't been back yet and wanted to make sure you were okay Delilah. I know how much he worries you the silly guy. You'd think he'd learn to not do that by now."

"Hi Goatacus. I'm glad you've made it through the winter safe. I've been okay. Worried about Jeremiah." Delilah replied with a smile that faded some, "I'm sorry I worry you too. You're really too good to me...." She trailed off getting a little misty eyed thinking that she has such good friends and family and all she does is worries them. "I'm sorry.. just...everyone is too good to me and I'm just so terrible making everyone worried about me."

Fenri glared at Goatacus, seething that he had ruined the work she had done to get her mother to calm down and forget her worries for a moment. "Mom... don't worry about that. You're worth caring about and we only worry because we care. Just like you worry about the boys because you care. Don't apologize for that." She said in a comforting tone. She moved over to nuzzle her but was stopped by the little goat.

"The little miss has the right of it Miss Delilah! It's because I care about you that I worry about you. And of course I'm good to you! You're worth it and a whole lot more! It'll break my heart to see you cry." Goatacus said getting in the way of Fenri. He didn't miss that look she shot him and inwardly smirked to himself. He love setting the little miss off. It was one of his favorite past times."I do have some news for you. I've gotten word that Jeremiah is on his way home and should be here within a week."

Delilah sniffled some doing her best to not just break down into a sobbing mess at Goatacus' words. Then he dropped the news of Jeremiah's homecoming and she let out a big sob. "G-g-goatacus! You're too good for me!" She bent down to nuzzle while crying. Seeing that she got him wet from her tears she began to apologize to him. She missed seeing Fenri roll her eyes and walk away from the whole situation.

(wc: 495)  

Bluedemonwolf

Darling Hunter

Bluedemonwolf

Darling Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:32 pm
After a little while Delilah managed to calm down and stop crying. "I'm sorry again Goatacus. I cried all over you; look how wet you are now." She said sniffling, "Did you manage to find a lady goat this winter? You say every year you're going to find one but every year you say you haven't when spring rolls around."

Goatacus laughed and shook his head. "A badge of honor to lend my tiny shoulders to a lady to cry upon." He replied, "Alas I have not found the lady of my heart. One day I shall find her but this past season was not to be." Granted he wasn't really looking for a lady goat but simply told that to Delilah a few years back as a cover for why he was in the area. He's never changed the story since it has worked so well for him. "Now then have you any word on your little rascal, Delilah?" He asked to change the subject.

"Don't give up hope. You'll find the right lady my friend." Delilah said with a smile that faded some, "No I haven't heard anything about him. Mahlah has been keeping an eye for both him and Jeremiah. I'm so glad you had news about one of them at least." She turned to look out at the meadow as she thought about her adoptive son. He was definitely a more wild child than Fenri, constantly traveling and even getting into physical fights. "I just hope he's safe."

"I'm sure he is Mom. Did you see him before he left? He was huge! I'm sure he's one of the biggest stallions around these parts. Plus he knows how to take care of himself even if he is an idiot at times." Fenri chimed in. As she was focused on her mother and was talking she missed the soft footfalls approaching her.

"So I'm a big idiot then." A soft voice whispered directly into Fenri's ear causing her to yelp and jump. Kurone chuckled at his adoptive sister, happy he was able to sneak up on her and scare her. He took her soft blows as she hit him on the side. "Missed you too Fenri. Hi Mom! I'm home!" He said turning to Delilah, "Aw Mom don't cry!!!" He panicked slightly seeing Delilah begin to cry once again.

"Kurone you jerk! You scared me half to death!" Fenri yelled out hitting him on his head gently. Well she could probably hit him as hard as she could and it wouldn't do much to the big oaf. She shook her head as he began to panic at their mother crying. Serves him right for scaring her like that.

Delilah turned hearing her son's voice and began to instantly tear up. She missed Goatacus excusing himself from the family gathering with a smile as she began to head over to Kurone. "Kurone! Are you okay!? Fenri quit hitting your brother. Look at you Kurone.... you look like you lost some weight. Are you eating alright? I'm sorry I'm a blubbering mess... just look at me crying again. I just missed you so much. I worry you know." She continued to talk and ask questions through the spring day until the sky grew dark and they had to head home.

(wc:551)  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff