Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Spring Cleaning (Birchfly x Mr. Chewy)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:32 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It had been a rather tough and long winter. Most of which Birchfly had been a foal. So his first memories were of cold snow and snuggling with his mother’s to keep warm. But now he was grown and the stallion was trying to do his own thing.

Even though both his mother’s were rather sheltering of him. For what reason he really didn’t know why.

The world seemed rather peaceful to him. Although there were always dangers. He wasn’t that naive.

Making his way through the forest he would stop from time to time to pluck at the new apring plants that were finally growing once more. Giving some a careful eye before moving on to the next. Each lead and twig places in his pouch with care. He didn’t want to bruise the leaves before he got them home.

With a flick of his wings Birchfly stopped and gave some newly flowered wild flowers a quick sniff.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:52 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mrithun had dove head first into a plush bush. Wiggling to try to get through the tangled branches and find the thick plump leaves. He was sure this type was meant to be the leaves and not the shining orange berries to his left. It certainly wasn't the roots...

He started to back out of the bush to get one last look at it. This was the one they learned about on Tuesday, right? Fireburn, or Thornsherry was it? He'd get a look at the berries and think on it. As he brushed leaves from his furr, he heard the movement of leaflitter. Mrithun froze, his fight or flight response making his adrenaline curl his claws into the clay.  

Jackariah Beckett

Fluffy Firestarter

14,975 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:03 pm
After his quick sniff of the flowers the stallion pushed his was through a thick bramble. Then he stopped in his tracks as the sight of the other Soquili registered. He wasn’t shocked at all to see someone else here. It was a good place to find all the good growths of herbs.

He however didn’t expect this other Soquili to be wearing a pelt. He had heard of these types of creatures. Charmed could be nicer but the Pures were nasty from what Sigryn described to him. But this one seemed more like he was going to flee at the sight of the horned flutter.

Suddenly he gasped. Very loudly.

His eyes laser focused to the plants around the other’s paws. “Doz Not. Move.” Birchfly moved so that he could reach down around the other’s feet and clipped a mouthful of leaves and small yellow flowers then placed them in his already rather full pouch. “Colt’s Foot. It’s hard to find in early spring. But it’s good for coughs and respiratory infections.”!He finally gave the other a cheerful smile.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:15 pm
Mrithun's ears had spiraled to his right before he was able to lock eyes with the large horned stallion. He spoke nothing as his mind reeled for the proper response. His furr almost tingling as the stallion's muzzle clipped by his toes.

Finally a breath could release as words flowed in the clearing. "oh----oh!" He responded. "My aunts sent me on a mission to find some supplies, but I'm a little lost trying to match names with leaves. Do.... D you know a lot about plants?" At this point he couldn't help but side eye the wonderful little pouch the other had.  

Jackariah Beckett

Fluffy Firestarter

14,975 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:18 pm
His ears perked with pleasure as the other seemed to relax a bit. Birchfly might be a flutter but even in his tiny form he was rather large. He was glad he hadn’t just ran away. That usually makes things awkward.

Birchfly gave a small chuckle at the other’s question. “But of course my friend. I know quite a bit about plants.” He flicked his tail slowly. “If it’s help you require than you’ve come to the right stallion.” Birchfly learned a lot from his aunt and cousins. They had lived here longer and while they choose to not be quite as involved as n medicinal plants as he was, their knowledge was invaluable.

“I’m Birchfly. Birch to my friends.” Tilting his head slightly he eyes the other a little lore carefully to get a better look at him. “And you are, friend?”  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:55 pm
Mrithun's shoulders relaxed. He was not afraid to ask for help. He was relieved someone who knew about the surrounding flora of the region. "My aunt said she was looking for something of flavor to mask a thick medicine." Mithrun paused as he had to keep a small chuckle from releasing at the last question.

"My name is Mrithun. But I had a lisp as a foal so my aunts called me Mr. Chewy." At that he did let a chuckle escape. He thought of them fondly. "I am a friend" and at that pointed to his forehead.  

Jackariah Beckett

Fluffy Firestarter

14,975 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:06 pm
“Mrithun. Interesting name.” But Birchfly seemed to feel it was an appropriate name. It suited him well.

b***h felt at ease in his new friend’s presence. Eyeballing the charm he pointed to with gentle curiosity. At the description of the plant he perked up. “Spearmint?” It was one of few people pants here knew of to use to mask medicine flavor. “Of course honey or fruits can be used to mask bitter tastes. Salt to help reduce sweetness.” He pawed at the ground thoughtfully. His wings flapping slowly as he began to run through everything he knew.

“Is that what you are looking for? There’s some growing really rapidly on the nearby hill. It tends to spread fast so even if you pull up one plant five more would take its placeZ Spearmint is very very resilient.”  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:25 pm
Mrithun's ears perked happily as he nodded his head. "Spearamint sounds familiar! And maybe the salt too." He tapped a claw against the ground as his eyes wandered off to the distance in thought. "But I think the salt was more for lasting and not taste in the lesson I had." He focused his eyes on Birch once more and smiled. "It can be used as other things as well?"

Mrithun shuffled his paw against a small pile of dust as he mentally crossed his toes. "May--maybe you could tell me while you lead me to the good tasting leaves? Spearmint you said?"  

Jackariah Beckett

Fluffy Firestarter

14,975 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:44 pm
“Oh yes! You can use it from flatulence…” He giggled immaturely before composing himself. “To fatigue. It just depends on how you prepare and use it. For tummy troubles I would steep in hot water then drink it. Where as to clear up congestion I would think lace the leaves in a bowl of hot water than cover the head with a cloth. Trapped by the steam inside and inhaling it.” He could go on and on and on about this kind of thing.

He had always been amazed by how many uses plants had. Even as a small foam and his family would use plants here and there for various thing. Birch pretty much just fell into the role f healer in the family.

While he talked he had begun to steer the other in the direction he had indicated. “That’s the great thing about plants. So many can be used for so many different things. And if you don’t like one you can usually find another that treats in almost the same way.” Birch’s eyes began to shine as he thought of his plant stores back home. “Spearmint is easy enough to spot. Once you smell it you remember it and can easily recall the plant. It’s very distinct.”  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:43 am
Mrithun's eyes went a little wide at the mention of passing gas. As much in awe as mirth and surprise. His aunts would never allow him to get away with such a joke. Even if sometimes their swamp home held in some of the stinky smells of their surroundings. He took this chance to giggle along with his new cohort.

He listened intently to this enlightened stallion. "Steep?" He gave some thought to this. "My aunts have mentioned single pool sized hot springs up in some far off hillside." The youngness in him showing slightly as he envisioned a hillside coved in white. "I wonder if there could be a benefit to bringing a good amount of the stuff with you and climbing into the pool. Almost like bathing in tea."

"Oh, I hope so." Mrithun said in a gentle wistful way. "My aunts seem to know so much of all the plants in our swamp. I was hoping to try and bring back some new types of plants home. If they can do something with it, maybe we can make our collection of balms bigger and have more options for the neighbors to buy."

As he walked on, he was glad for the ease between them on their walk. He often silently thanked his aunts for charming him after finding him as a foal. And even more, give him something to work towards. A purpose other than shedding blood and harming. In his new, grown and mannered self, he felt more at home in his skin. Without the constant itch of moving and hunting all of his time. Instead he was able to enjoy the breeze that had just ruffled the wings of the flutter walking besides him. Admiring the iridescent ghostliness of the pail white.  

Jackariah Beckett

Fluffy Firestarter

14,975 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:00 pm
Birchfly was glad to hear him chuckle. Even though the stallion seemed rather educated and polite he was still rather young so those kinds of jokes or mentioning of bodily functions made him laugh. Butterfly would often scold him that it’s not proper so he typically only acted that way when they weren’t within ear shot.

A genuine look of interest came to his face as he imagined what living in a swamp was like. He had never traveled to one having been kept in the forest most of his time as a foal.

“Uh soak. You know he w to make tea? Same premise.” His head titled slightly causing his braids to rattle lightly against his neck. “I suppose putting some in a hot spring might be useful but you would have to haul a whole lot of herbs there. Which is why I like the bowl idea.” And honestly Birch could be lazy too. Hauling big sacks of herbs back and forth didn’t quite jive with hm. “But it’s a good idea none the less.” He added quickly.

Unlike either of his mothers, Birch was always easy to get along with. Or so some of his family said. Butterfly was rather hot headed and Sigryn a grumpy old goat. He never saw the desire of being inhospitable. “Yout aunties know a lot about herbs and treatments? And they even have a little side business.” Hewas impressed to say the least.  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games