Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 9:40 am
Menelie
Xoana made her way to Gran's grotto one afternoon, though it wasn't Kelebek she was here to see. She hadn't been here for a while, not since the girls had gotten old enough to watch themselves. She knocked on the door and gave a little wave when Nanna had answered it. "Is your father at home?" she asked, mentally preparing herself for a surprised expression and what the teen surely thought was a cutting, witty remark.

Daisicle
Nanna waved as her most favorites of aunties... Er... Nieces...(?) Nah, she was def an auntie. Still though, why was she asking for dad? That was weird AF. Kinda sus if you asked her. And her expression was a dead giveaway that she was thinking that.

"What'dya want him for?"

Menelie
"Well, he's got to be useful for something," she quipped with a smirk. Then she waved her hand dismissively. "Nah, I'm looking for a gift for Beltan and was wondering if he might have any bright ideas."

Daisicle
Nanna tilted her head. "Why are you getting him a gift? Shouldn't he, like, be the one getting you gifts? Not the other way around?"

Menelie
Xoana laughed. "I mean, I am a gift," she said, stroking her chin thoughtfully. "But ideally it goes both ways. What would you get a boyfriend or girlfriend if you'd been together for a while?" Crowdsourcing gift ideas from a teenager. This was gonna go swell.

Daisicle
Nanna arrogantly ran her hand through her hair before huffing through her nose. "Me? Get them a gift? Dating me is the best gift they could ever ask for - why would I ever need give them something else? They should be showering me with gifts and compliments whenever such whims arise, and even before then."

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 9:42 am
Menelie
Good luck with that. "Nice," said Xoana with a nod and a smile. "I'm glad you've got your love life sorted out, and at such a young age," she said with an impressed tone. "And yet, I've decided I would like to give Beltan a gift, so if you'd just get your father..."

If the girl stalled any further she was going to call for Gran.

Daisicle
Nanna dramatically rolled her eyes - Xoana could be so extra sometimes. She was too good for Uncle Beltan if she was even wanting to give him a gift. "Ugh... whatever. You do you." She held open the door, then swam off to do whatever it was that teen naiad girls did in their free time these days.

Menelie
Xoana snorted to herself. That child was either going to get a rude awakening one day, or become Queen. Could go either way.

Left on the stoop, Xoana rolled her eyes and entered. "Uncle?" She called, looking for Hjortur. He had to be around, right?

Daisicle
Hjortur was doing... dunno, probably some music s**t or something... when he heard a familiar voice from elsewhere in the home. He set down whatever it was that occupied his hands and moved to look into the hall. Oh, was Xoana visiting? "If you're looking for Kel, she should be back soon."

Menelie
Ah, there he was. Xoana clasped her hands in front of her. "Actually I was hoping to chat with you. Surprise!" She liked Hjortur well enough; he made Gran happy and that was enough for her. But he could be a bit...deeply odd. He was so awkward around Gran's family, which was now his family, as if he didn't know how to act around adults. Whatever.

"I'm looking for some inside information. Beltan and I have been together for a number of seasons now, and we've got a date coming up, so I'd like to get him a gift. You're his friend, d'you have any ideas what he might like? I want it to be a surprise."

Daisicle
Well that was a new one - wasn't often the step-(grand x n)children came looking for him explicitly. Perhaps this was a musical matter? Or maybe they wanted to see about contacting Callie or Dae (whom had become rather distant since he and Kel were wed)?

Anything else he resumed they'd go to their blood-related parents, etc.

"Okay, shoot."

Ah, that wasn't the kind of question he'd been expecting. Sure, he knew his friend was having ... relations ... with his wife's great granddaughter. And he knew that was their prerogative and certainly NOT his business. But it still felt ickyyyy. He tried to keep a neutral expression to her question, perhaps to the point it was obvious he was doing so. At least his heart was in the right place. "If you don't mind me asking, what have you thought about already? I wouldn't want it to be obvious I'd helped you."

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 9:44 am
Menelie
Xoana, too, tried to keep her face neutral, but it was difficult not to be at least a tiny bit smug about how clearly uncomfortable talking about this made Hjortur. What a prude. He'd have to come to terns with it sooner or later, as she had no intention of letting her catch go.

When his response was actually trending toward helpful, her eyebrows went up appreciatively. "I know he likes fancy weapons but I haven't the first clue how to shop for those," she responded. "If you've seen one knife you've seen them all, but clearly that's not what Beltan thinks." She shrugged. "And I thought about having Diya make me a fancy jewelry piece for him to wear for special occasions--nothing too bedazzled, of course, I know he's got simple tastes--but I wasn't sure if that was too feminine." She made sort of an either-or gesture. "Hence why I'm here."

Daisicle
Hjortur probably wouldn't accept it unit the day he was presented with little great, great grandchildren between the pair. And even then, it'd still be icky... Probably.

He nodded, quite relieved that she'd actually put some thought into it. "Personally... If I were you, his -er- lover, I would look into a decorative weapon." He nodded. "It doesn't matter so much that you know about quality or anything, just look for something you think he'd find aesthetic. Hopefully you find it aesthetic too. It's just meant for decoration, after all." He paused. "Or... I know you're trying to be proactive, but why not invite him to a date looking at them? See what catches his eye." Another pause. "Just a suggestion."

Menelie
Xoana nodded along at his suggestions. She tapped her chin thoughtfully. "I hadn't thought to take him shopping...I always thought that was my hobby. You don't think he'll find it boring?"

Daisicle
Hjortur shrugged. "I think most find shopping for something they're interested in fun. And even if he does find it dull, knowing him, he'll pretend otherwise."

Menelie
Xoana shrugged, satisfied. "Fair enough," she responded, then looked around for a minute. "Well, that's it for me. I'll get out of your hair. Thanks for your help, Uncle," she said brightly.

Daisicle
"Anytime - I'll let Kel know you dropped by too." She'd probably be a bit bummed to find she'd missed her great granddaughter's visit, but if Nanna told her instead... Yeah...

He offered a wave as she left.

Nanna peeked her head outta her room to stare as her auntie as she left before quietly returning to her room.

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games