User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'm always waiting on something other than this
Why am I feelin' like there's something I missed...

The meadow was in full bloom today as the mare strolled through on her way to a particularly tasty stream. Mountain fed and shaded from the heat of the sun it was a perfect place to spend an afternoon daydreaming and relaxing as the world moved around her. Even as she walked it was on a small path from her own doing, a place she had visited many times before that the grass had permanently warped from her hooves. With a flutter of her wings against her side she had made it to the shade, the trickling water creating a most calming atmosphere as a breeze brought all the scents of the flowers wafting by.

Serene and perfect....but why was it feeling less than?

Perhaps over the years of being in such a routine of watching life pass her by it was slowly starting to eat at the mare that she was more an observer versus an active participant. Sure, she would go and visit her ever growing family from her grandfather, uncles and aunts...but in her own world? It was just her. As it had always been, and always seemed would be. Zaiella had become very much a solitary loner before she even realized it. Every spring she would stand by and watch as the young mares and stallions became twitterpated in love and that youthful vigor...and ever upcoming winter when new families would settle for the season together; she would remain the same.

It seemed that before she really understood what was happening, life had come and went and she was left as a mare passing her prime, settled into the quiet lifestyle and set in her ways. Zai had supposed there were worse fates than the hand she had been dealt with. She had her family, she had her health and a pretty relaxed lifestyle...but sometimes if she was really honest with herself it felt as if she had missed out on an aspect of life that she could only watch from the sidelines.

The mare gave a shake of her head to rid herself of the pesky thoughts before dipping her head down and taking a nice long drink. As someone who was petite and frankly quite fragile compared with some of her family members she didn't have much of a presence to fill an area out - if it wasn't for her sky colours she was sure most wouldn't even see her on the ground half the time!