{Solo} Flower Friends {Bakkhos x Nectar}

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:16 pm
User Image

Bakkhos was so glad that it was finally spring once more. He eyed the young flowers fondly. Spring was only the start. It was so precious to him because there were some flowers that only bloomed at the start of spring and it was the start of the growning season; then as summer came into swing more and so many different kinds and varieties flourish.

He heaved a contented sigh and lowered his muzzle to smell the delicate blossoms populating his garden. Bakkhos was surprised by what he found instead. He jerked his head back with a surprised snort and shook his head. There...... there was something in his flowers!

WC: 110

User Image

Nectar of the Rose had just left her siblings and struck out on her own. It amazed her how quickly she went from confident to nervous. She was use to having her bigger and larger wolf siblings to help protect her and her mouse siblings to help care for her. But on her own she realized how vulnerable she was. Life was difficult for a tiny creature such as her.

She had been traveling for several days, either by wing or by foot when her wings got tired. Unfortunately she couldn't fly as fast as her siblings. In fact she tended to bumble along. In her short travels she found that she was drawn to flowers, so much so that she'd put some by her ear. So when she came to a lovely patch of spring flowers she couldn't help but stop for the night. Nectar found the biggest flower of the bunch and tucked herself.

In the morning she was rudely awakened bit a big blue nose. She squeaked and buzzed her wings.

WC: 174  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:50 pm
"What?! Who?! Achoooooo!" Bakkhos shook his head again and then tried to open his eyes. The stallion took a closer, more careful look. He was surprised by what he finally saw among the flowers. It looked sort of like a mouse and something else. He studied the creatures features slowly. Definitely a mouse, but it had little wings and antenna. What a curious creature.

"Um. Sorry to disturb you, but what are you doing here?" He checked around expecting to see more, and hoped he hadn't squished any when he didn't know they were they. Fortunately, it appeared to be the only one that he could see. Grateful he hadn't accidently squashed anyone, Bakkhos turned his attention back to the bugmouse.

WC: 121

Nectar of the Rose washed her face in response to her rude awakening. Finally she composed herself enough to face the giant pony. She watched him looking around himself worried for a moment. He must be looking for others. She almost giggled. "I'm most sorry. My name is Nectar of the Rose, but you can call me Nectar. I didn't realize this patch belonged to anyone. I was passing through and it looked so welcoming."

She really wasn't sure what to expect in this situation. If the flowers belonged to someone, they probably wouldn't appreciate her lingering. That was when she noticed the wreath of flowers around his neck. She buzzed up to investigate them fascinated that he was wearing them like she wore her own roses.

WC: 127  

magnadearel

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:08 pm
Bakkhos was privately pleased the creature liked his flowers and found them suitable to sleep in. He finally decided the creature was a female and was pretty cute as she washed her face. "Nectar. That's a pretty name. I'm Bakkhos. I raise these flowers for my herd." His voice was filled with pride for the job he did for his herd.

He wasn't sure how exactly to react as the mouse suddenly took flight. It was less than graceful if he was honest, more bumbling. "What exactly are you, if you don't mind asking?" Bakkhos held still as the creature came up to investigate the flowers around his neck.

WC: 109

Nectar sniffed curiously at the flowers on his neck and then landed on his back so she didn't have to crane her head upward to see him. "You do? What does your heard use them for then? Bakkhos? That's an interesting name."

She fluffed up her fur. "I am a beemouse. I love flowers, but roses are my favorites." Nectar put her paw on the flowers by her ear. This was such a nice spot, and Bakkhos was certainly a nice pony. "Can I stay here with you? I can help you grow the flowers." Suddenly she was very shy. Did he even want or need help?

WC: 107  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:01 pm
Bakkhos felt awkward as she first investigated his flowers and then landed on his back. He could feel her little claws even though she didn't weigh that much and it tickled. He had to stop himself from twitching his skin lest he send her falling off. He turned his head so he could watch her. She called herself a beemouse. He could kind of see it now. "I grow them to be placed on gravestones. My herd is tenders of a graveyard."

"Your roses are lovely." They had something in common. They both had an appreciation of flowers. Her next question then should come as no shock, but it made him pause. He had his teacher in growing flowers, but he didn't really have an assistant so to speak. And flowers were so delicate and fragile sometimes. Her size could be a huge asset, and her delicate paws more ready for the finer tasks than his hooves. "That's a fascinating proposal. What about a trial? What do you know about growing flowers?"

WC: 172

Nectar could feel his skin wanting to twitch under her paws. She must be accidentally tickling him she realized, and did her best not to move too much. His purpose for growing the flowers was unusual, but it was a valiant job from what she could figure out. As young as she was, she didn't have much experience with a graveyard. Nectar figured she could find out more about it as time went on.

She smiled. "Thank you. I picked them myself." Nectar nodded as he offered doing a trial run. "That sounds fair. To be honest Bakkhos, I'm pretty young. I just left my siblings and was traveling on my own. I really love flowers though and I'm willing to learn everything."

WC: 123  

magnadearel

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:48 pm
Bakkhos nodded as she said she'd picked her own flowers. It was always a joy to harvest his flowers when they were ready. He was just a tiny bit disappointed when she admitted she had no real experience; not that he could fault her for being where he had started a couple years ago. It would be his responsibility to teach her everything he had learned so far. And he could bring her to meet his mentor in all things flowers. "That's alright Nectar. I'll be teaching you then."

He'd never really considered finding himself a familiar like his parents had. They were around, but it hadn't occurred to him to find a friend. Both his parents had canine partners. Would they bee buzzing (hahaha he made a pun) mad if he brought home this tiny creature?

WC: 137

Nectar was relieved when he offered to teach her himself. At least he wasn't discounting her simply because she didn't know anything yet. She felt positive that she'd just found her new home. Nectar hoped her siblings were having as much luck in their endeavors. She missed the dearly, but they were adults now and needed to live their own lives.

Nectar took a deep breath. She would do this! "Thank you very much Bakkhos. Since I've seen the garden, do you mind showing me around a little bit? Just so I get familiar with the area, and any spots that might be dangerous?"

WC: 104  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:03 pm
Bakkhos smiled. "I have a feeling we will work well together Nectar. Welcome aboard." He nodded. That was a really good point she made and a wise one. There weren't too many dangers here, the herd made sure it was relatively safe, but there was one large one he could think of right away.

"Yes let me show you around and go over some things." He headed towards the main graveyard and pointed out the flowers on the gravestones, from there he showed her the different gardens he had going. As he walked, Bakkhos said, "until we meet Runa and ensure she understands you are not to be messed with it might be safest if you stayed with me. She's the herd protector, and she's also a shifter. She's charmed so don't worry. But she's also a cat, and she might try to play with you. My parents also have a couple familiars, who will need to be told you're not a snack." He looked back over his shoulder and grinned, trying to make it a joke and reassure her.

WC: 180

Nectar gave a little buzz for joy. "I'm super happy to have found your garden and you." She looked about herself as they traveled through his home. It was all so new and pretty to her. Plus the ride couldn't be beat. Nectar shivered as he spoke of the herd's protector. It sounded like someone she didn't want to meet on a dark night alone.

"If it's the same to you, I think I'll stick close for now." She couldn't help but wonder what these other familiars were. Obviously a breed that might find beemouses delicious. She'd do her best to avoid them too.

WC: 104

Total: 1,568  

magnadearel

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas