Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:25 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:40 pm
Aelin's mouth was so dry it hurt to swallow. She needed to think, she needed to talk to her. Why was it so damned hard to talk to her? With her eyes that blazed like soft candlelight, Aelin had found it hard to speak much at all. They'd really done a whole lot of not talking.

They knew things about each others, they'd talk of that and the past. But the future was a mystery intagible and frightening all at once. Way would laugh sending a thrill up Aelin's spine, making her unable to say the words-to begin the discussion of what this was between them.

The coming foals deserved that, to know what their mothers would be in their life. No messy ways of not deciding, it could go one way or another--though not necessarily forever.

But at this moment, they would have to decide whether they intended to stay together or not, at least for now.,

Way's blue hair was limned with gold as the sun began to rise. Aelin's throat caught; She wasn't normally this sappy or this conflicted. She was use to things being cut and dried or at least that her decisions no matter how seemingly hard had been easy.

But looking at Way glow like soft candlight as a new day dawned made her unsure of herself in a way she had never been before. Her voice was barely more than a whisper when she spoke, "Way..."  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

LOLTERGEIST

Crew

A Knife

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:37 pm
Wayward watched Aelin from the corner of her eyes, sensing the mare's trepidation that matched her own. Though they had talked about everything and anything during their time together and formed enough of a.. bond.. a connection, that the spirits had deemed them worthy of children together. There was one topic, however, that they seemed to be avoiding and it was now at a point where there was no avoiding it.

The future.

Neither had planned on children - though they both expressed their desire to have them one day - one of the many 'one days' they'd discussed. It had been a shock, but not an unpleasant one. But Wayward worried Aelin would feel obliged to stay with her, even if she didn't want to and Wayward wasn't sure what she wanted yet, either. It was likely that they wouldn't even come to an answer right this moment - but it was important to start the conversation.

"It's best we stop avoiding the conversation, isn't it?" She said with a soft smile in response.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:08 pm
The soft candlelight in Way's eyes anchored her. "You're right," she swallowed. "We should." She thought about what to say words sticking in her mouth like honey. There were words that she wanted to say, but she choked with how sweet they were-how much they revealed of a heart laid bare.

She averted her eyes, trying ot take a different tactic. "I want to be there for them. I know you do, too." The unspoken words were so heavy between them. What about us? What will we be to each other?

"I don't want to leave...." The unspoken you hung in the air for a moment before she hurried on. "We should, I mean, they'll need us both right? In the beginning, at least?"

Her feelings were too tender and raw for her to just say stay. But she was giving Wayward Wind an out if she wanted to do it. She could contradict her, tell her that they could do it alone. That others did it all the time That it be better if they raised the foals together-apart.

For now though, she could offer this. A chance to stay, a chance to really truly see what all this meant. That if the spirit's blessed them with children, might not they be blessing them with love?  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

LOLTERGEIST

Crew

A Knife

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:42 pm
Wayward took a moment to reply, holding back the words that threatened to spill forward and overwhelm them both. Aelin was looking at this from a logical point of view and she could do the same. "Of course I'd never expect you to do it alone, Ae," she started. "I don't want you to leave, either.." she trailed off, knowing she may have said too much but it was too late to take back now.

"There doesn't need to be any obligation, any meaning to this craziness we've found ourselves in." She looked into the mare's eyes, honesty and raw emotion reflecting in her own. "For now, it has to be about them first." Wayward eyed off into the distance where three baskets lay - strangely she thought she could smell the ocean, hear the waves in the distance but when she tried to focus, the feeling was gone.

"We can just.. See what happens."

Wayward swallowed hard - seeing what happens meant there was always a chance that nothing could happen. That whatever stupor they'd found themselves in would dissipate and she'd be alone again. And that hadn't been a problem before - being alone - but it was all she'd ever known since she'd left her family and being with family was different to being with.. her. She'd had nothing to compare it to before. Aelin was her friend, first and she knew that she was risking that but she couldn't help but feel it would be worth the risk in the end. A breeze ruffled the other mare's hair and she breathed in the scent - floral and sweet - a soft smile upon her lips.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:57 pm
Aelin felt a swooping sensation in her stomach at Wayward Wind's words. She had asked her to stay. Maybe not exactly how she wanted to hear the words, but the emotion was there. The quiet longing in a voice she'd come to care for.

"No obligations. No promises. I can do that." She stepped closer to the other mare as they looked out at their baskets. Her voice was soft, low as she spoke. "We'll see what happens." There was a wealth of promise and desire in those words, if only Way would meet her half way. And for the first time Aelin thought that Way might be wanting to choose her, but also wanting to do the right thing. No one had ever chosen Aelin before, not even a fleeting question like this.

Aelin pushed her face against Way's neck and breathed into her neck as she looked at their children. Her voice was husky and low against the other mare's neck. "So you want me to stay?" She teased.  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

LOLTERGEIST

Crew

A Knife

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:55 pm
A blush crept over Wayward's cheeks as the other mare teased her and she pouted slightly before laughing. She would take any teasing thrown her way for this. She leaned back against her, nuzzling her slightly before she went rigid and looked at the baskets. Now that her head was no longer swimming with worries of losing her she had a new, sudden realisation and fear. They had children!

"I haven't the faintest idea on raising children, by the way," she said, the shock and fear evident in her voice and her face. "What do we do?"

Wayward had only ever been around foals when she herself was one and she did not have to bare the responsibility of ensuring she and her siblings stayed alive. Now she did and she thought she could faint with the feelings that suddenly overwhelmed her. "What if I break them?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:22 am
Aelin laughed as Way stiffened in abject horror. "I heard their like tiny little pirates. They just rule your life andare little terrors." Then her face glowed as she looked at the baskets lying dormant under the rising sun. "And I also heard, they are the most precious things in the world. That it's like....watching your heart walk around outside your body.. Wonderful and terrible at once."

Oh gods, se was scaring herself. The sheer enormity of it. They were going to be parents. Someone was shoving three absolute strangers into their hooves and saying, these are yours! Have fun! It was disorienting. Aelin let off a strangled giggle. "I don't know anything about them either. Never been around one for more than five minutes.

For a few moments, Aelin grew very quiet and introspective trudging up a memory she had not reached for in awhile. "I asked my mother how she learned to take care of me. Do you know what she said?" Her eyes twinkled. "It was trial and error, eventually you get it right." She laughed again, this time far softer. "She told me she never knew what she was doing, and half the time she was scared out of her mind about being a parent. She was a really good mom, so I guess she was doing something right. I think I turned out okay," her voice turned wistful.

"What if we're scared together? That way we won't be alone in this." She nuzzled her face into Ways hair sighing in the deep scent of vanilla. "I think everything will be fine, ifI can be scared with you." She closed her eyes, too afraid to wait for the look on Way's face.  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

LOLTERGEIST

Crew

A Knife

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:38 am
Wayward had no words to respond with. She simply stared at the other mare for a good moment before pressing a kiss to her temple. "Scared together, then."  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games