User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

(Self RP between Will'o and his companion Chaos)

Will'o sighed softly as he stared off into the night, his tails flicking behind him. He glanced over to where Wisp was sleeping before slipping to his paws not wanting to disturb his beloved twin. Shifting into his fox form, he padded on silent feet past the witch careful not to wake her. He paused a moment to touch noses with his father Jack who stood watch before slipping out into the darkness.

Will'o waited a moment to let his eyes adjust to the moonlight before he set off towards the closest watering hole. Since he couldn't sleep, he might as well find food for Wisp for the morning.He'd only gone a few yards from the cave when he heard paw steps behind him. Sinking down, he flicked his ears back but relaxed when the voice of his companion called out to him.

"Wil, it's just me kit." Chaos flicked his own black-rimmed ears as he looked about for his charge before pinpointing the tod. "There you are. Wil, what are you doing out here so late?"

"Couldn't sleep," Will'o slipped back into view shaking out his pitch black fur as he came to the wolf's side. "Thought I would head to the watering hole and maybe find Wisp and Strife some breakfast. Want to join me?" He nosed at the older wolf hopefully, his tails wagging in an invitation to play.

"Considering I am supposed to keep you safe," Chaos chuckled, nudging the young fox over onto his side before nuzzling him like the pup he was. He couldn't help but be amused at the ridiculousness that was the young shifter. For such a terrible creature, the young fox was more playful than malicious, something Chaos was thankful for every day. "Alright, on your feet, we'll catch no breakfast like this." He nudged his nose under Will'o's rump and pushed the boy to his paws.

Will'o yipped a laugh as he pawed at the wolf's nose before bounding off towards the watering hole. Just the fact he wasn't alone eased some of the melancholy he had been feeling.

Chaos shook his head amused as he padded after Will'o. He knew something was bothering the boy, had been for days but he could never get him alone to talk till now it seemed. "So, going to tell me what's been keeping you up at night Kit? Don't think I haven't noticed." Like his beloved mate, Chaos had adopted the twins as their own kits since Gods knew they needed more parental figures. Jack tried, but a lot of his attention went to his pledged lady. As for the 'lady' herself, well she barely tolerated the boys on a good day. There would be no care and compassion from that corner.

Will'o froze for a moment before making himself keep moving, "I am sure I have no idea what you are talking about. I sleep."

"Mmmm you sleep for short naps throughout the day and spend most of the night staring at the stars as if they hold all the answers to some question you have yet to ask. So, what is it keeping you up kit?" Chaos wasn't about to let this go so easily. He got in front of Wil, halting the fox's forward movement. "Talk to me boy, it's just us here."

Will'o's shoulders hunched miserably as his head hung, "I...I miss her."

"Her who?"

"My mom." His voice was painfilled. "She sent Wisp and I here to dad to keep us safe. She had enemies that would have used us against her." The young fox was a picture of misery with his head hanging low, shoulders hunched up near his ears, and tails curled around himself tightly. "Normally it's not a big deal, ya know? But it's almost her birthday and I..." He whimpered softly looking at Chaos with tear-filled eyes, "Chaos I can't remember what her voice sounded like."

"Oh...oh Will'o," Chaos sighed softly, moving to pull Will'o against his larger body, gently licking the fox's ears and forehead trying to give him some comfort.

Whimpering, Will'o pressed as close as he could into Chaos's white fur shaking as he made pained little sounds, "Why did she have to leave us? Didn't she love us? Didn't she want us?"

"Kit, you said yourself she sent you to Jack to keep you safe from those that would harm you. There is no greater gift of love a mother or father can do than to make sure their child is safe. I have no doubts at all that she adored you and if things had been different she would have kept you with her. " Chaos reassured him softly, "Though I honestly am grateful she sent you here. After all, if she hadn't we'd have never met. I can say without a shadow of a doubt kit, my life is better with you two trouble makers in it."

"Really?" At that Will'o lifted his head to look up at the wolf hopefully. It was at times like this Chaos was reminded just how young the boys actually were. Despite their size, he doubted they were more than yearlings.

"Really kit. You and Wisp make mine and Strife's lives brighter, even if you also drive us up the wall with your pranks at times."

That got a soft giggle from Will'o as he gave a tentative smile, "Well someone has to lighten things up around there. Dad is too serious, and Rhi is always snappy and grumpy." He grimaced thinking of the witch.

Chaos grimaced a bit too, sure he owed Rhiannon a life debt, but she wasn't exactly the most pleasant of people. He was only thankful she was willing to count the debt fulfilled by binding himself to Will'o...which honestly was a gift he would thank her for if he didn't think she'd curse him for showing such emotion. "One of these days she is going to have enough of your cheek and none of us will be able to stop her from turning you into a frog or lizard."

That got another laugh from the young fox, much brighter and more cocky this time as he grinned, "She'd have to catch me first! I am too quick for her." As if to demonstrate just how quick he was, Will'o bounced away moving from shadow to shadow, with only the soft green glow of his jewel to betray where he was.

"Mmmm leading her on a merry chase will not sweeten her temper in that case." Chaos chuckled, getting back to his feet to trot along after the now frolicking fox.

"Whatever!" Will'o just laughed, shaking his tails playfully, "bet you can't catch me!"

"I thought we were trying to catch breakfast, not silly kitsune kits." Chaos teased looking amused.

"Oh yeah!" Will'o straightened before he took to sniffing about, searching for a trail. He wanted to bring breakfast back for at least his twin, maybe his dad too...and he supposed it would be nice of him to feed the witch. It would at least make his father happy. Maybe it would also make Rhi be happy for a bit, that was always nice. Maybe a nice rabbit or… Will’o’s head snapped up as he sniffed the breeze.

What is it kit?” Chaos paused to sniff as well before pinpointing what had snatched Will'o attention at the same moment. “Antelope.” He paused to consider before nodding, “It will take both of us, are you up for that?”

Will’o grinned, his teeth a brilliant white against the darkness of his fur, “Oh yes.” The two males followed the scent from the main trail off into a small valley, peeking out at the little herd of antelope, most that were still sleeping though a few were on guard or grazing. The pair observed the herd for a bit before Chaos nudged him and nodded towards the left side where a yearling buck was sleeping. “I will wait here, you get closer then chase them towards me.” Chaos would stick out like a sore thumb with his white coat, while Will’o could have been made of shadow.

Nodding, Will’o slunk from their hiding spot towards the resting herd. He leapt from shadow to shadow, careful not to let the fading moonlight hit his jewelry and alert the herd to his presence quite yet. While a normal fox was no threat to such a beast, even a calf, and would be ignored, Shifters were another story. The first sight or scent of him would send the herd into a mad dash for safety. Once he was only a few yards from the chosen buck, Will’o finally leapt from the shadows with a snarl startling the whole herd into movement. In the confusion and panic, the antelope ignored the scent of the wolf until it was too late. Chaos burst from his hiding place as the panicking buck ran past, latching onto it’s throat.

Will’o joined him moments later, shifting back into his equine shape. From there it was a quick end for the buck. Chaos panted happily as he released their kill, “Well! We got breakfast and lunch! Not to mention new parts for the cave and for Mistress Rhiannon’s spellwork!”

Yeah?” Will’o perked up, “You think she’ll be happy with it?” Though he and Wisp would say they didn’t care, both boys desperately wanted their father’s new charge to like them. The cold vixen was as close to a mother as they had other than Strife.

I know so. C’mon, let's get this back home and surprise everyone.”

Will’o’s tails wagged as he and Chaos worked to get the buck onto his back for the trip back home. He couldn’t wait to see the look of surprise on Wisp’s face nor the pride he knew Jack would show. “Hey, Chaos?”

Yes, kit?”

Thanks…for being here and listening.”

Of course Wil, I’ll always be here.”

Heh! Sappy old wolf.”

Sassy little fox.”