Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LOLTERGEIST

Crew

A Knife

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:52 pm
This is a private RP for myself involving the following soquili.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Disclaimer: Any mentions of mysticism/magic are purely at the belief of the soquili involved and isn't reality.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:24 pm
The moon was high when Selune finally made her way into the clearing - in the final stages of her pregnancy before they would be placed in baskets until they were ready to emerge. Her breathing was heavy and she took a seat as soon as she could, nodding at the participants in way of greeting.

"Apologies for my delay," she said softly. "Getting around is harder these days."

She eyed the members of the.. well, she wasn't sure what to call it. A herd? A family? A collective? Even their name - Arcana - had been given to them, rather than chosen and they had simply let it stand. A group of individuals practiced or interested in the mystic arts - for pure reasons. It had been some time since they had met as a group - but correspondence among the members here deemed it necessary.

Someone was lost.

Selune: 145
Total RP: 145  

LOLTERGEIST

Crew

A Knife

LOLTERGEIST

Crew

A Knife

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:30 pm
Morpheus greeted Selune with a nod in return, shaking his head in a way that indicated she need not apologise for her delays.

"We would not have asked you to come if it hadn't been urgent, Selune," he said, voice deep and calm. "You have my gratitude."

He turned then to eye the others who had come to the meeting - Sitara and Lex before continuing. "You all do, thank you for meeting on such short notice. Apologies from the Harlequins and Evangeline - they were unable to attend on such short notice but there presence is not as necessary as all of yours."

He yawned. Morpheus was always yawning - always tired and always drifting in and out of consciousness, dreaming while seemingly awake. "I have been dreaming," he started, taking a seat himself. "In my dream, I am not myself. Someone is looking for me - for us - but they cannot make it out of wherever they are. Cannot see the stars or the sun or the moon. They are lost. They are stuck."

A hush fell over the group and Morpheus turned to Sitara. "I believe you've had a similar experience, Sitara."

Morpheus: 190
Total RP: 335  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:35 pm
Sitara didn't speak for a few moments, eyes focused on the flame dancing in the lantern she'd placed on the ground. It flickered, casting shadows and light around them. She sucked in a breath.

"Someone has called to me, yes." Her voice was soft, barely a whisper - though others knew she could send her voice far if she needed to. "I hear them at night, in the woods. Always a whisper. Always changing directions. I follow one way, they are the opposite."

There was a slight edge to her voice - frustration, perhaps. Selune knew this had to be troubling her. It had been a long time since she'd been unable to guide someone through the woods, through wherever they were lost.

SItara WC: 121
Total RP: 456  

LOLTERGEIST

Crew

A Knife

LOLTERGEIST

Crew

A Knife

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:47 pm
Lex gently brushed against Sitara's side, a comforting act that the pair normally wouldn't undertake in from of others. They weren't mates - Sitara had taken lovers after meeting Lex, as had he - but they had a bond that went beyond physical. That was why he was here - he knew his powers offered no assistance in this situation but he knew Sitara would need him and so he answered the call when it came.

Still, he offered his insight and they were respectful as they listened.

"Someone is sending a message, it seems. The fates, the spirits or something else entirely..," he didn't need to remind the others that not all messages were good. "We need to find out who and why.. and where, I suppose."

Lex: 125
Total RP: 581  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:33 pm
Selune's lips pursed as she listened to the others talk. She had not had an encounter like Morpheus and Sitara had - but she rarely did. That wasn't her role. She was the seeker. She found lost things. She didn't know how or why - but she'd always had a knack for finding lost things since she was a foal. As she grew up, her grandmother recognised her abilities and taught her how to scry for further guidance. It wasn't a pinpoint method - but it did provide a good place to start.

A crude map had been sketched out in the ground before her - only general areas laid out - and a crystal, one provided by Evangeline from her own body lay beside her.

The mare closed her eyes and concentrated, taking in a deep breath as she thought of the messages Morpheus and Sitara had received. This wouldn't be a perfect scrying - they had no features to go off of but it would be a start. She picked the crystal up on her mouth and tossed it into the air, letting it fall onto the map.

The others came forward to look at the map at the same time as she opened her eyes. The crystal sat in the middle of the woods they were currently in.

"They are here," she whispered and a chill fell over the group as they looked around, suddenly taking note of every sound around them. Were they natural - or the sound of someone lurking?

Selune total: 393 (stats get)
RP total: 829

LOLTERGEIST

Crew

A Knife

LOLTERGEIST

Crew

A Knife

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:39 pm
Morpheus' eyes focused on the surroundings - no longer did the hands of sleep caress his senses to try and draw him in. He was awake and seeing clearly. He eyed the others warily - particularly Selune. Had it been a mistake asking her to travel in her condition? If they were attacked she was in danger. He turned to Lex. "Keep watch over Selune. Sitara, we search together."

With that, he moved into the woods - heading North first.

Morpheus WC: 267 (stats get)
Total RP: 906  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:48 pm
Sitara's nod was her only response and she gave a glance to Lex that said everything they were both feeling - what they said to each other before they parted. Be careful. Like always. Come back. She took up the lantern with her mouth, her steps careful and delicate as they moved through the woods. Her lantern provided light and there was always a chance it would attract the wrong attention but it was a risk she always took - it was the risk she accepted when she took on the role of Guide.

"Do you sense anything?" she heard Morpheus ask and a shake of her head was her response. The area around them was quiet - too quiet. There should be the sound of nocturnal creatures - birds on the wing, insects chirping. There was nothing. Even the wind seemed to still.

Then - ahead - the crack of branches. Heavy, crunching steps came towards them and Sitara placed her lantern down - bracing for impact.

Sitara WC: 282 (stats get)
Total RP: 1,067  

LOLTERGEIST

Crew

A Knife

LOLTERGEIST

Crew

A Knife

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:46 pm
A scream cut through the air and Lex's breath caught in his throat. His muscles strained with the effort of holding himself back from not running immediately into the woods. That was Sitara's scream. His eyes were frantic as he looked down at Selune - her gaze back was apologetic because she knew how he felt.

"They'll be okay," he said, to her as much as to himself. "Perhaps it was an animal that surprised them."

He took a deep breath and steadied himself. Lex was not fighter - but he would defend himself and others if he needed to. Hopefully, it wouldn't come to that.. The sound of frantic hooves brought him to further attention and he positioned himself in front of Selune to guard her.

"Get ready to run if need be," he said, voice steady and calm. "As fast as you can, Selune."

Lex count: 269 (stats get)
RP count: 1,211  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:19 pm
Selune brought herself to her feet - unsteady and breathless with the effort. She winced slightly and kept behind Lux, though she watched the woods just the same. Finally, from the trees, Morpheus and Sitara came crashing into the clearing. Lux did not hesitate, moving to be at Sitara's side in an instant, checking her over. Relief washed over Selune and she took her seat back on the ground, nearly panting with discomfort. It seemed she was closer to delivery that she had thought.. But that was an issue for later - she still had time.

Her breathing was heavy and she took a moment to catch her breath. "I'm okay - I'm not injured. Something was chasing us but we think it gave up."

Another sound came and everyone turned and looked at the direction Sitara and Morpheus had come from. This sound was not frantic or threatening - the footsteps were soft and delicate. A soft glow slowly came into view - silver, like the moon itself was walking towards them. Lux heard the faint tinkling of bells and the soft brush of fabric drifting along the ground. Finally, the stranger came into view and they each stared as she smiled at them as if they had been expecting her and she had simply been late to the meeting.

"There you all are," she said by way of greeting and her voice sounded like stars twinkling. "I've been looking for you for a long time now."

No one moved or said a word for a moment. It was Selune who spoke - or rather, cried out. "Introductions will have to wait," she strained out. "It is time."

The stranger moved forward and looked into Selune's eyes - that soft smile still dancing across her features. "It is indeed, Selune. I wouldn't have missed it for the world."

Total RP: 1,514  

LOLTERGEIST

Crew

A Knife

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out