Welcome to Gaia! ::

Faekat Adoption Agency

Back to Guilds

Faekat Guild 

Tags: Faekat, breedables 

Reply ✚ Archived Event Threads
Concept Contest: Tremere Disciple of Grendel (Closed)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Faekat Adoption Agency
Crew

Muscular Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:17 pm
DISCIPLES OF GRENDEL: TREMERE

Times are changing. Powers are shifting. And a new guard takes over for the old.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[Tremere Disciple by Uta]

This is a roleplay contest to win the Disciple of Grendel for Clan Tremere. These vampires are not newly created; they are ancient, recently-awakened vampires who are being given new power by the Vampire God, Grendel.

This particular disciple is premade: one of our colorists has designed him and you’ll get to create his personality!

The contest will last until 11:59 PM PST on January 20th.

Below, you’ll find the nitty gritty!

Rules:

• Only post once
• Please only enter if you do not currently own a Disciple of Grendel
• Do not deter others from entering
• Fill out the form completely
• You may edit your entry up until the end
• I reserve the right to choose no winner
• Please be aware that there will be plotting and RP in the future

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:19 pm
Clan Information:

Clan Tremere is the second youngest of the vampiric clans, having just come into existence during the Dark Ages. The Tremere are the most strictly organized clan bar none, and every member knows where they stand in authority amongst their peers. This creates the illusion of total unison and cooperation for other Cainites, who rarely know anything of the Tremere hierarchy or inner politics. Their Founder and namesake, the nominal Antediluvian Tremere, sits at the top of the Pyramid and supposedly directs the entire clan, though very few have ever seen him or witnessed his hand in action. Many do not believe he is even a real person, but perhaps an ideal of the Tremere cause or a symbol of their unity. Beneath him, the importance of the number seven is emphasized, as each successive rank down is comprised of seven to one.

In the (comparatively) little time since their founding, the Warlocks have made incredible inroads within vampiric society and are arguably the most powerful clan in the modern nights. This is due in no small part to their strict hierarchy, secretive nature, and mastery of Thaumaturgy, all of which elicit suspicion, fear, and respect from other Cainites. The Warlocks stand as a pillar of the Camarilla and are one of its main defenders, despite the fact that they exist almost as a subsect. Some even go so far as to consider themselves the evolution of vampirism, citing their extreme versatility of blood magic and lack of a true clan curse. The Final Nights have many things in store for the Tremere, however, and the more powerful they grow, the more their enemies gather – and in their bid for power, the Tremere have accumulated more enemies than most.

For more information, see the Clan Vampires List and the White Wolf Wiki (though keep in mind that not everything in White Wolf canon is Faekats canon!)

The Prompt:

The new God of Vampires had grown impatient.

By now, he knew which Disciples were loyal to him and which were not. He also knew who had fallen into torpor for far too long and who had come to meet their final death. Many needed to be replaced, and he had done his due diligence, seeking out the most ancient and powerful vampires each clan had to offer and watching them from the shadows, weighing their calibre.

Eventually, he made his decision.

Grendel approached the ancient vampire in whatever place they would typically haunt, knowing exactly where they would be. He wore his shadows like a hooded cloak that billowed out behind him, the shadows beneath his feet writhing like a thousand tentacles along the ground where he stepped. Red eyes burned within the shaded darkness cast by the hood like glowing embers, illuminating a pale face. His long red hair hung in an intricate braid nearly to his feet, decorated with ornaments of black and gold. He did not hide who he was. The extent of his power was a wild and untethered thing that he allowed to permeate the air around him.

He came to stand in front of the vampire he sought, allowing them a moment to recognize just who he was before he spoke.

“I have been watching you for some time and have come to offer you a position of great power and importance.” He paused to allow them to respond if they wished, his narrowed eyes began to burn brighter as he flashed the vampire before him a sharp-toothed grin. “You will become the leader of your clan as one of my Disciples. You do not need to decide immediately, I will give you a few moments to think it over, but this offer does expire. If you do not want it, I am sure that there are many others who do.”

The vampire is left to mull it over, the God seemingly content to occupy himself with other things for a time. Eventually, Grendel would return to await the vampire's response.

The Form:

[align=center][b]Owner Username:[/b] Name Here
[b]Tell us a bit about your RP style:[/b] (What types of plots/RP's/etc. do you prefer to play? Any hard no's? Anything you'd like to get more into?)
[b]Why does this particular Disciple appeal to you?:[/b]
[b]Vampire’s Name:[/b] (You gotta name ‘em)
[b]Vampire’s Personality:[/b] (Tell us some about your Disciple! What are they like?)
[b]Motivations and Goals:[/b] (What do they intend to do with their newfound power and leadership position?)
[b]Prompt Response:[/b] (Reply to the RP prompt as your Disciple. How do they feel about Grendel’s offer? Why are they accepting? Do they have any particular ambitions for their new power?)[/align]

Faekat Adoption Agency
Crew

Muscular Member

ktqueen
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:56 pm
Owner Username: ktqueen
Tell us a bit about your RP style: I really like variety when it comes to RP. Wild situations, different events, different kinds of interactions. However, I'm really big on banter, wise cracks, and the like. This can turn into snide remarks, fights, etc, but I'm all for what organically happens between two characters. I do have a few hard nos, but that's not anything that would likely appear on Gaia regardless. Otherwise, I'm pretty down to clown and explore putting characters in new situations.
Why does this particular Disciple appeal to you?: I am a Tremere fan! Granted, my bias probably has to do with the fact that I already have a Tremere (Kilah), but Tremere and Brujah were my faves back in the day. Who wouldn't want to play a magic wielding powerful vampire? Gives me the DnD drow vibes personally.
Vampire’s Name: Lazarus
Vampire’s Personality: Dry, ever tired by everyone else, high expectations, with very little room for any kind of bull from those he considers under him. Lazarus doesn't exactly have a temper, but he is king of a poker face when it comes to most social interactions. He's a little more reserved than others and prefers to play his cards close to his chest, but over all he shows the most personality to his clan. Lazarus would consider himself more of a guide than anything else to his clan, but one that needs to be followed to the letter to keep everyone in their pre-determined roles to make sure everything runs smoothly. He's a big believer in that hierarchy, but also believes the best person for the role is the one who should move up instead of the one most senior.
Motivations and Goals: Upon receiving the newest promotion, Lazarus plans on continuing the path Tremere has followed previously, garnering more prestige, making sure that the clan itself is indispensable to the other clans, and gathering every bit of magical knowledge he can get his hands on. The last one is certainly a personal goal of his, because he prefers to be ever dabbling and experimenting in magic in whatever amount of free time he can manage to find. Lazarus always follows every possible lead to new magic and is more than willing to send a few clanless hopefuls to gather items, ingredients, or spell books for him without any care for what actually happens to them because of it. Long story short, Lazarus is greedy but more than willing to play the long con and lose some pawns in the process.
Prompt Response:
Changes were not always a good thing. A new God of Vampires meant that an influx of changes were on the horizon and Lazarus understood that this was a change that could not be fought. Much like the tide, you could only ride it out and hope you were skilled enough to not crash your boat upon some rocks or run aground.

Lazarus had been in his personal study when Grendel came knocking, reading a spellbook he remembered acquiring before his last "nap". The pages seemed a little more brittle than he recalled but perhaps that was because of the amount of time that had slipped by since the book had been placed on this desk. The amount of dust around also confirmed the passage of time.

The Tremere glanced up only once to confirm who had walked into his study before returning his gaze to the floor. The correct amount of deference was needed when weighing his options. You will become the leader of your clan... A few moments given to think over the chance to lead Tremere? Lazarus already had his answer as the idea of power grasped him. And yet, considerations still had to be made.

Could he fight this tide? Unlikely. He was powerful with plenty of magic at his claws, but a god was a god. Had other clans already submitted to this god? Yes, and thus the reason for Tremere to stand against the wave was minor. Survival came in numbers and to stand out against this change was likely to cause their clan to be destroyed instead. But there was also the other piece that Grendel had said. I am sure there are many others who do. Which lower ranked Tremere was being considered for this very position after him?

Lazarus's gaze had fallen back to the book in front of him. His fingers had paused on turning to a new chapter covering the mystic arts of a wizarding school long destroyed, but one claw had pierced the brittle page. A pity, sometimes damage would lose minor details. Lazarus turned the page and considered if he would be alright with another stepping into this role instead. That answer was no. And so, no more time was needed for consideration.

"I will become your Disciple."The words were spoken as Lazarus let go of the book to turn and face Grendel. His eyes closed, one hand was clasped against his chest, and a bow was given. Something he had done in another age yet still remembered in deference to a god. His god, from this moment on.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:53 pm
Owner Username: Doximoron
Tell us a bit about your RP style: Again, I am open to all sorts of plotting ideas. The only hard no's I have, wouldn't even be allowed on Gaia (and are generally agreed upon by most). When I get really into it, I tend to ramble on and be a bit too descriptive. I do always give a few paragraphs (which is about the shortest reply you're gonna get) as I like to try to give my writing partner(s) something to go off of. I am also always open to communication when an RP is active, or a plot is changing/evolving.
Why does this particular Disciple appeal to you?: I am a sucker for magic wielders if my RPG character history has anything to say about it. Beyond the deliciousness of magic and mystery though - I took a long time just peeking into the Clans. There's too much to absorb everything at once but I thumbed through information for days and found a few that really stood out to me; Tremere has climbed to the top of that list. I understand that not all of the history/information is Faekat canon but I would be delighted to immerse myself fully into this Clan and it's plots.
Vampire’s Name: Kallikrates
Vampire’s Personality: Kallik is a man deeply lost in thought, ever observant of the world around him. One might feel a burning in the back of their head only to realize that he is staring at them with an intensity that would seem to be peeking directly into their soul. The Warlock is one of mystery, a name shrouded in enigma and he uses that to his advantage - it is best for him to have vast knowledge of those around him while they possess very little of him. If a rumor is not too ridiculous, and within his spectrum of capabilities, why bother correcting the outlandish stories that are passed along through generations? If it instills fear in them, all the better to play into it in order to maintain a tighter grip of control. The carefully constructed social hierarchy within Clan Tremere is of the utmost importance to him. If one is failing to tend to their duties and play their role perfectly then Kallik will assist them into "retirement" and promote a replacement. Though he is ancient, he is not above playing the social game even if it causes his analytical mind to require a day of seclusion to recoup (and by that, I mean he's got books to read and moves to plan, so relaxing).
Motivations and Goals: Kallikrates feels that he will first need to restore their balance and guide the Clan to grow, to outshine other Clans in terms of value to set an unmovable anchor that will secure their place in this world; there will be many pieces involved and it will not be an easy feat, but he will do what he must to secure their reputation, as being valuable to those around them comes with it's own set of benefits and prestige that his Clan would find useful. Beyond Clan Tremere, his personal motivation and goal is to watch the secrets of all things Arcana unravel at his fingertips, to flood him with knowledge of that which is still unknown and fill him with an understanding he has yearned for all of his unlife.
Prompt Response:
The warlock had his back to the door when Grendel entered his expansive library, or was it a bedroom? It was difficult to tell with the dim light cast from desperately flickering flames trying to escape their fate of the hot wax pooling around their wicks. Bookcases lined the walls neatly and shelves on any would-be bare spots, skulls tinged by the colors of time and candle-smoke were placed as makeshift bookends set upon the shelves to hold even more books neatly in place. Kallikrates was sitting in the middle of the room on the floor, a nest of pillows beneath him for comfort.

The ancient one had not been awakened for very long at all before the thrum of his magic coursed through his veins and called out to him, beckoning him to use it once more. The vampire breathed in deeply regardless of how unnecessary such an act was, purely for the sake of filling his senses with the scent of yellowed pages and aged ink. Were it possible to miss the smell of a book? Surely it must be, at least for him. The moment was disrupted by an unanticipated guest allowing themselves into his little sanctuary of study.

"Grendel," his voice was hoarse, rough and crackling as vocal chords were straining to produce sound. Centuries of sleep had curious effects on the body, muscles one would not think capable of deteriorating from neglect were an interesting experience to be had. It was a pleasant surprise that his brain were not one of those muscles, the dominating presence in the room was vaguely familiar and had coaxed a surge of memories forward of both Grendel, and Caine. This could not be Caine, and so it must be Grendel, which was another pleasant surprise. Black hands with sharp, recently manicured claws had snuck out from beneath the satin cloak situated over his head, cascading down his back and pooling at the base of his tail. The crackle of an aged page as he carefully turned it sent a most delightful shiver down his spine.

Curiouser and curiouser, he could even miss the sound of pages turning. Now was not the time though. Not with a guest standing at his back. Kallikrates slowly stood, pulling the cloak securely around him as he turned to face the man. One brow raised slowly while glowing golden orbs surrounded by black sclera scanned over the deity with curiosity. What brought the God here, to his silent little nook of this vast world? The answer was soon to be learned, his mind absorbing the words hungrily and processing them carefully, sifting through the meaning and the weight of them.

The warlock smirked wickedly and closed his eyes while Grendel occupied himself with the odd trinkets around the room; there were plenty of them and they all had their purpose. When his eyes open, his gaze searched for the God and settled onto him. A soft sigh fell through his parted lips and the vampire had to clear his throat to shake some of the metaphorical rust from his vocal chords and recapture his attention. If he were to accept, he would do so the Tremere way, a variant of their Code.

"I, Kallikrates, hereby swear my everlasting loyalty to Grendel, God of Vampires. I demand that, should I break this oath, I should be cast out of the Position, as well as my House and Clan. If I am cast out, I ask my brothers to find and slay me that my life may not continue in degradation and infamy. I recognize that the enemies of Grendel are my enemies, and that the allies of Grendel are my allies. Let us work as one and grow hale and strong.
I hereby swear this oath. Woe to they who try to tempt me to break this oath, and woe to me if I succumb to such temptation."

The vampire bent at the waist, bowing forward deeply towards the God to show the commitment to his words and the acceptance of what was offered. He had no intention to be a failure or bring shame to his Clan, nor to bring any displeasure to a God. His head did lift slightly, eyes shimmering, finding his voice easier to use though it became clear that his natural tone was gravelly. "I am at your service." In the back of his mind, his own ambitions were ignited. Oh, what a splendid time to have awoken, there was much to do and the gears were already turning.

Potandie
Crew

Hygienic Bloodsucker

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:59 pm
Owner Username: FrostyPeaches
Tell us a bit about your RP style:
...i like the darker plots [assassination/trap and release/hunting/knives fights/any type of dark magic/voodoo/zombies/mindcontrol/etc etc] and not so much the romance/romantical ones. if there's a plot being discussed and our characters just vibe with each other then the latter can work better between the two characters. i can't force my character to bend and change into something they are not just to fit into a specific romance rp plot. friendship/mischief/family drama plots are always cool with me owo. i've liked faekats since receiving my first pet in the shop. my replies are slow because of my real life job but other than that i can reply when i'm free to sit down by my computer.
Why does this particular Disciple appeal to you?:
-[corrupted] warlock that can use blood magic /darkspells/ illusion spells to quench their greed and murderous activities ? hello big big fan sign me up.
Vampire’s Name:
Bhaskara - Sankrit meaning “illuminator”, "maker of light" - ironic because the only light he creates causes blindness upon enemies before they're being consumed in total darkness, where he then brings them to their death.
Vampire’s Personality:
-arrogant, high and mighty
-mocking hostility in his voice
-consumed by greed and thirsts for more power
-extremely loyal to his clan
-will sacrifice his life for Grendel
-experiments with blood magic to the next level
-endures all forms and types of training to becomes the best disciple for Grendel
Motivations and Goals:
-makes sure Tremere rise to the utlimate toptier and stay in that position
-make others fear them even further
-extend whispers about Tremere clan through the grapevine and be known by everyone
-wield his magic to the next level which involves experiments with dead and live subjects
Prompt Response:
Bhaskara's fur raises up in his back as he heard Grendel speak to him. Basking in the limited conversational time he has with the new god of all vampires, he is willing to accept any blessings or even punished thrown upon him. if that helps his clan rise further to the top and closer to Grendel, he will do anything and even sacrifice himself to prove his loyalty.
"God, I ACCEPT." he beemed with a proud accepting tone of voice. "I can feel my blood boil. perhaps a bleeding nose may commence... I have never felt better. but upon your grace, i feel almost invincible! Whatever needs to be done I will prove my loyalty to you by recruiting more excellent members like myself to the clan"
Raising both his arms, he worships his god with a deep bow, his own face almost touching the ground.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:23 pm
Congratulations on your new Disciple!
After much deliberation, we felt your entry was perfect for this role and we look forward to seeing what you do with the character in the future. heart

Please take them here for certing and be sure to pick a clan-specific spec for them from the provided list. If you need assistance don't hesitate to ask staff.

ktqueen
Owner Username: ktqueen
Tell us a bit about your RP style: I really like variety when it comes to RP. Wild situations, different events, different kinds of interactions. However, I'm really big on banter, wise cracks, and the like. This can turn into snide remarks, fights, etc, but I'm all for what organically happens between two characters. I do have a few hard nos, but that's not anything that would likely appear on Gaia regardless. Otherwise, I'm pretty down to clown and explore putting characters in new situations.
Why does this particular Disciple appeal to you?: I am a Tremere fan! Granted, my bias probably has to do with the fact that I already have a Tremere (Kilah), but Tremere and Brujah were my faves back in the day. Who wouldn't want to play a magic wielding powerful vampire? Gives me the DnD drow vibes personally.
Vampire’s Name: Lazarus
Vampire’s Personality: Dry, ever tired by everyone else, high expectations, with very little room for any kind of bull from those he considers under him. Lazarus doesn't exactly have a temper, but he is king of a poker face when it comes to most social interactions. He's a little more reserved than others and prefers to play his cards close to his chest, but over all he shows the most personality to his clan. Lazarus would consider himself more of a guide than anything else to his clan, but one that needs to be followed to the letter to keep everyone in their pre-determined roles to make sure everything runs smoothly. He's a big believer in that hierarchy, but also believes the best person for the role is the one who should move up instead of the one most senior.
Motivations and Goals: Upon receiving the newest promotion, Lazarus plans on continuing the path Tremere has followed previously, garnering more prestige, making sure that the clan itself is indispensable to the other clans, and gathering every bit of magical knowledge he can get his hands on. The last one is certainly a personal goal of his, because he prefers to be ever dabbling and experimenting in magic in whatever amount of free time he can manage to find. Lazarus always follows every possible lead to new magic and is more than willing to send a few clanless hopefuls to gather items, ingredients, or spell books for him without any care for what actually happens to them because of it. Long story short, Lazarus is greedy but more than willing to play the long con and lose some pawns in the process.
Prompt Response:
Changes were not always a good thing. A new God of Vampires meant that an influx of changes were on the horizon and Lazarus understood that this was a change that could not be fought. Much like the tide, you could only ride it out and hope you were skilled enough to not crash your boat upon some rocks or run aground.

Lazarus had been in his personal study when Grendel came knocking, reading a spellbook he remembered acquiring before his last "nap". The pages seemed a little more brittle than he recalled but perhaps that was because of the amount of time that had slipped by since the book had been placed on this desk. The amount of dust around also confirmed the passage of time.

The Tremere glanced up only once to confirm who had walked into his study before returning his gaze to the floor. The correct amount of deference was needed when weighing his options. You will become the leader of your clan... A few moments given to think over the chance to lead Tremere? Lazarus already had his answer as the idea of power grasped him. And yet, considerations still had to be made.

Could he fight this tide? Unlikely. He was powerful with plenty of magic at his claws, but a god was a god. Had other clans already submitted to this god? Yes, and thus the reason for Tremere to stand against the wave was minor. Survival came in numbers and to stand out against this change was likely to cause their clan to be destroyed instead. But there was also the other piece that Grendel had said. I am sure there are many others who do. Which lower ranked Tremere was being considered for this very position after him?

Lazarus's gaze had fallen back to the book in front of him. His fingers had paused on turning to a new chapter covering the mystic arts of a wizarding school long destroyed, but one claw had pierced the brittle page. A pity, sometimes damage would lose minor details. Lazarus turned the page and considered if he would be alright with another stepping into this role instead. That answer was no. And so, no more time was needed for consideration.

"I will become your Disciple."The words were spoken as Lazarus let go of the book to turn and face Grendel. His eyes closed, one hand was clasped against his chest, and a bow was given. Something he had done in another age yet still remembered in deference to a god. His god, from this moment on.

Faekat Adoption Agency
Crew

Muscular Member

✚ Archived Event Threads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas