Welcome to Gaia! ::

Faekat Adoption Agency

Back to Guilds

Faekat Guild 

Tags: Faekat, breedables 

Reply ✚ Archived Event Threads
Concept Contest: FoS Disciple of Grendel (Closed)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Faekat Adoption Agency
Crew

Muscular Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:26 pm
DISCIPLES OF GRENDEL: FOLLOWERS OF SET

Times are changing. Powers are shifting. And a new guard takes over for the old.

This is a roleplay contest to win the Disciple of Grendel for Clan Followers of Set. These vampires are not newly created; they are ancient, recently-awakened vampires who are being given new power by the Vampire God, Grendel.

This particular disciple is custom: you'll get to design their looks, and one of our colorists will create them for you!

The contest will last until 11:59 PM PST on January 20th.

Below, you’ll find the nitty gritty!

Rules:

• Only post once
• Please only enter if you do not currently own a Disciple of Grendel
• Do not deter others from entering
• Fill out the form completely
• You may edit your entry up until the end
• I reserve the right to choose no winner
• Please be aware that there will be plotting and RP in the future

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:28 pm
Clan Information:

The mission of the Followers of Set can be stated in a single word: corruption. They seek to subvert and destroy whatever is good, noble, safe or beautiful within both Kindred and mortal society. They are plotters without peer, with an unequalled genius for misdirection and temptation. Their favorite weapons include drugs, sex, money, power, and vice in all its aspects.

But for most of the Followers of Set, this corruption is just a means to an end. They believe in a radical split between the divine, eternal soul and the corrupt, transitory world and body. The laws of their faith say that deep down, the soul knows it does not belong in a prison of matter. Anything that distracts the soul from this knowledge and ties it to the world must be a trap – and if the world is a prison, then the gods must be its jailers. To achieve liberation, a soul must shed all the false doctrines, cravings and habits that bind it and blind it. Such self-awareness cannot come from mere argument or faith. Only direct experience of the most extreme sort can break the hold of the gods over the soul and allow liberation. Through these experiences, the Setites believe they can achieve truly divine power over the world and liberate themselves from every physical and spiritual constraint, as they already have taken the first steps out of the prison when they received the Embrace.

For more information, see the Clan Vampires List and the White Wolf Wiki (though keep in mind that not everything in White Wolf canon is Faekats canon!)

The Prompt:

The new God of Vampires had grown impatient.

By now, he knew which Disciples were loyal to him and which were not. He also knew who had fallen into torpor for far too long and who had come to meet their final death. Many needed to be replaced, and he had done his due diligence, seeking out the most ancient and powerful vampires each clan had to offer and watching them from the shadows, weighing their calibre.

Eventually, he made his decision.

Grendel approached the ancient vampire in whatever place they would typically haunt, knowing exactly where they would be. He wore his shadows like a hooded cloak that billowed out behind him, the shadows beneath his feet writhing like a thousand tentacles along the ground where he stepped. Red eyes burned within the shaded darkness cast by the hood like glowing embers, illuminating a pale face. His long red hair hung in an intricate braid nearly to his feet, decorated with ornaments of black and gold. He did not hide who he was. The extent of his power was a wild and untethered thing that he allowed to permeate the air around him.

He came to stand in front of the vampire he sought, allowing them a moment to recognize just who he was before he spoke.

“I have been watching you for some time and have come to offer you a position of great power and importance.” He paused to allow them to respond if they wished, his narrowed eyes began to burn brighter as he flashed the vampire before him a sharp-toothed grin. “You will become the leader of your clan as one of my Disciples. You do not need to decide immediately, I will give you a few moments to think it over, but this offer does expire. If you do not want it, I am sure that there are many others who do.”

The vampire is left to mull it over, the God seemingly content to occupy himself with other things for a time. Eventually, Grendel would return to await the vampire's response.

The Form:

[align=center][b]Owner Username:[/b] Name Here
[b]Tell us a bit about your RP style:[/b] (What types of plots/RP's/etc. do you prefer to play? Any hard no's? Anything you'd like to get more into?)
[b]Why does this particular Disciple appeal to you?:[/b]
[b]Vampire’s Name:[/b] (You gotta name ‘em)
[b]Visual Concept:[/b] (How do you envision them? Pick a set of lines, link some references, or just describe what you want! Traditionally, Disciples are on Elder Baddie, Elder Reg, or Elder Pure lines.)
[b]Vampire’s Personality:[/b] (Tell us some about your Disciple! What are they like?)
[b]Motivations and Goals:[/b] (What do they intend to do with their newfound power and leadership position?)
[b]Prompt Response:[/b] (Reply to the RP prompt as your Disciple. How do they feel about Grendel’s offer? Why are they accepting? Do they have any particular ambitions for their new power?)[/align]

Faekat Adoption Agency
Crew

Muscular Member

StarshineAngel01

Interstellar Moonwalker

15,915 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:54 pm
Owner Username: StarshineAngel01
Tell us a bit about your RP style: At the moment they are very slow replies, but I am open to talking plots in regards to anything really. My responses are usually at max 2 paragraphs long if the other person gives me more to work off of in regards to replying. I'am the type of person who likes to rp said characters out to learn about their personality, their likes and dislikes.

Being new to faekats and having so few its hard to get involved in the conversations with those who have been loyal for longer than I have, but I'm always open to plots and such. RL has taken priority at the moment but I still pop on when I have some downtime. I also enjoy some OOC rps to develop backstories and such.
Why does this particular Disciple appeal to you?: The idea of it being Egyptian-based is intriguing, I was always intrigued by the concept of a disciple being Egyptian-based sounds like it would be a fascinating idea.
Vampire’s Name: Damascus
Visual Concept: Elder Pure or Elder Reg; This is his outfit ref the bottoms will go up to his knees and the sleeves will be nonexistent and this is the ref for his Hair and eyes ref He will be wearing a gold serpent bracelet on his right upper arm, a gold cobra headband and a golden ankh necklace around his neck.He will have a serpent tattoo wrapped around his left arm, with the serpent's head looking like its resting its head on his shoulder.
Vampire’s Personality: Damascus follows his leader with pure loyalty and nothing that life throws at him will deter him. He is very strong-willed and focused and knows that his leader is always going to be top priority.
Motivations and Goals: His plan is to help his leader bring corruption down and those who are not set, followers. His end goal is to hopefully be a respected disciple of Grendel and a respected follower of Set. His ambitions may seem a little high but he knows with time he will reach that goal.
Prompt Response: Damascus Mulled over the offer, and had decided that in order to reach his ambition he needed to start somewhere and this gave him the first stepping stone to reaching that end goal. If it was a power that he could use to help him he would take full advantage of it no questions asked.

The reason why Damascus was openly accepting the offer was that he knew there would be a process to achieving it and as he was once told 'if you believe in yourself you can achieve it'. True that saying might not be the core truth to it but from what he could gather there were always going to be twists and turns that prevent him from getting there so quickly and he was more into the journey than achieving it right off that bat at least then it would give him peace of mind that he worked hard to achieve being a respected disciple who brought corruption to those around him. But, who said you couldn't achieve it with some help from other followers.

The only true ambition he had with the power was to help his leader rain corruption as well as prove to himself that he was worthy of such a title. Who is to say that he couldn't have his own side ambition to it and count it as a stepping stone to the bigger picture that he has built in his mind.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:08 pm
Owner Username: Kyuketsuki06
Tell us a bit about your RP style: No preference just happen to land in cute stuff more than not but I want to venture forth into the darkness and do more.
Why does this particular Disciple appeal to you?: It grabbed me at the old ones being egyption derived, and when I dived in the clan intrigued me. The road to Set seemingly a road to being free from worldly things by indulging them.
Vampire’s Name: Abanoub
Visual Concept: Elder Reg or Baddie Ref Outfit Inspo
Hair and Eyes
Vampire’s Personality: Ambitious to a fault. A smooth talker and confidant anywhere he goes. Cocky, self centered.
Motivations and Goals: Prove to the world anything and everything can be corrupted. Purveyor and partaker of many vices. Hoarder of secrets. Build relations throughout other clans pulling strings and information gathering. Have a hand in as much in the world of the damned and the mortals.
Prompt Response: He was tired, he was bored, there was so much not happening and he was done. While he lounged in his haunt thinking of things to get into he felt it. What trouble could he cause? He grinned, as the new God spoke. Well things just got more interesting. His grin grew wide and dark while he sat there listening to the offer made. He sat up in his personal ‘Throne’ Arms to each side, his dark skin, chest bare, eyes glowing gold. The black and gold fabric, only a modicum of decency, around his waist. White hair bright against his complexion and garb. And covered in light tattoos, and some riches of jewelry he collected over the years, an Egyptian God was what he liked to portray, maybe a bit more on the fantasy side.

When the new God left he shifted to the side. Resting his face on one fist, elbow still on the chair. One leg draped over the other chair arm.

“What a grand change of events, Of course I accept.”

He couldn’t wait to weave a web. Where could he start? Religious zealots, corruptors, drugs, sex and other vices. All of it.

“I’ll have the world release the chains it puts upon itself and indulge.”

Kyuketsuki06
Crew

Timid Receiver

Faekat Adoption Agency
Crew

Muscular Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:24 pm
Congratulations on your new Disciple!
After much deliberation, we felt your entry was perfect for this role and we look forward to seeing what you do with the character in the future. heart

Please take them here for certing and be sure to pick a clan-specific spec for them from the provided list. If you need assistance don't hesitate to ask staff.

Kyuketsuki06
Owner Username: Kyuketsuki06
Tell us a bit about your RP style: No preference just happen to land in cute stuff more than not but I want to venture forth into the darkness and do more.
Why does this particular Disciple appeal to you?: It grabbed me at the old ones being egyption derived, and when I dived in the clan intrigued me. The road to Set seemingly a road to being free from worldly things by indulging them.
Vampire’s Name: Abanoub
Visual Concept: Elder Reg or Baddie Ref Outfit Inspo
Hair and Eyes
Vampire’s Personality: Ambitious to a fault. A smooth talker and confidant anywhere he goes. Cocky, self centered.
Motivations and Goals: Prove to the world anything and everything can be corrupted. Purveyor and partaker of many vices. Hoarder of secrets. Build relations throughout other clans pulling strings and information gathering. Have a hand in as much in the world of the damned and the mortals.
Prompt Response: He was tired, he was bored, there was so much not happening and he was done. While he lounged in his haunt thinking of things to get into he felt it. What trouble could he cause? He grinned, as the new God spoke. Well things just got more interesting. His grin grew wide and dark while he sat there listening to the offer made. He sat up in his personal ‘Throne’ Arms to each side, his dark skin, chest bare, eyes glowing gold. The black and gold fabric, only a modicum of decency, around his waist. White hair bright against his complexion and garb. And covered in light tattoos, and some riches of jewelry he collected over the years, an Egyptian God was what he liked to portray, maybe a bit more on the fantasy side.

When the new God left he shifted to the side. Resting his face on one fist, elbow still on the chair. One leg draped over the other chair arm.

“What a grand change of events, Of course I accept.”

He couldn’t wait to weave a web. Where could he start? Religious zealots, corruptors, drugs, sex and other vices. All of it.

“I’ll have the world release the chains it puts upon itself and indulge.”

✚ Archived Event Threads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff