Welcome to Gaia! ::

Faekat Adoption Agency

Back to Guilds

Faekat Guild 

Tags: Faekat, breedables 

Reply ✚ Archived Event Threads
Concept Contest: Mekhet Disciple of Grendel (Closed)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Faekat Adoption Agency
Crew

Muscular Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:29 pm
DISCIPLES OF GRENDEL: MEKHET

Times are changing. Powers are shifting. And a new guard takes over for the old.

This is a roleplay contest to win the Disciple of Grendel for Clan Mekhet These vampires are not newly created; they are ancient, recently-awakened vampires who are being given new power by the Vampire God, Grendel.

This particular disciple is custom: you'll get to design their looks, and one of our colorists will create them for you!

The contest will last until 11:59 PM PST on January 20th.

Below, you’ll find the nitty gritty!

Rules:

• Only post once
• Please only enter if you do not currently own a Disciple of Grendel
• Do not deter others from entering
• Fill out the form completely
• You may edit your entry up until the end
• I reserve the right to choose no winner
• Please be aware that there will be plotting and RP in the future

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:30 pm
Clan Information:

Mekhet are a clan with an affinity to darkness. The hallmarks of the clan are stealth, finesse and wisdom.

There is often a certain amount of finesse and refinement in whatever Mekhet do. Mekhet can appear as stealthy information-gatherers, spies, assassins or scholars; but just as well they can be aristocrats making their mark in the societies of the damned. A Mekhet bodyguard for example is unlikely to rely on brute force, but rather know an ornate fighting style. A Mekhet thief is gracious or invisible, not a sloppy vandal. To the others, Mekhet appear to be the most ordinary of the kindred, the ones who seem to have the least to distinguish them from other vampires. They watch and hide, and the other clans don't seem to take much notice of them. Because Mekhet alone from the major clans have no powers of control over animals or people, they prefer to work in secret behind the scenes, via conspiracies and shadow cults.

For more information, see the Clan Vampires List and the White Wolf Wiki (though keep in mind that not everything in White Wolf canon is Faekats canon!)

The Prompt:

The new God of Vampires had grown impatient.

By now, he knew which Disciples were loyal to him and which were not. He also knew who had fallen into torpor for far too long and who had come to meet their final death. Many needed to be replaced, and he had done his due diligence, seeking out the most ancient and powerful vampires each clan had to offer and watching them from the shadows, weighing their calibre.

Eventually, he made his decision.

Grendel approached the ancient vampire in whatever place they would typically haunt, knowing exactly where they would be. He wore his shadows like a hooded cloak that billowed out behind him, the shadows beneath his feet writhing like a thousand tentacles along the ground where he stepped. Red eyes burned within the shaded darkness cast by the hood like glowing embers, illuminating a pale face. His long red hair hung in an intricate braid nearly to his feet, decorated with ornaments of black and gold. He did not hide who he was. The extent of his power was a wild and untethered thing that he allowed to permeate the air around him.

He came to stand in front of the vampire he sought, allowing them a moment to recognize just who he was before he spoke.

“I have been watching you for some time and have come to offer you a position of great power and importance.” He paused to allow them to respond if they wished, his narrowed eyes began to burn brighter as he flashed the vampire before him a sharp-toothed grin. “You will become the leader of your clan as one of my Disciples. You do not need to decide immediately, I will give you a few moments to think it over, but this offer does expire. If you do not want it, I am sure that there are many others who do.”

The vampire is left to mull it over, the God seemingly content to occupy himself with other things for a time. Eventually, Grendel would return to await the vampire's response.

The Form:

[align=center][b]Owner Username:[/b] Name Here
[b]Tell us a bit about your RP style:[/b] (What types of plots/RP's/etc. do you prefer to play? Any hard no's? Anything you'd like to get more into?)
[b]Why does this particular Disciple appeal to you?:[/b]
[b]Vampire’s Name:[/b] (You gotta name ‘em)
[b]Visual Concept:[/b] (How do you envision them? Pick a set of lines, link some references, or just describe what you want! Traditionally, Disciples are on Elder Baddie, Elder Reg, or Elder Pure lines.)
[b]Vampire’s Personality:[/b] (Tell us some about your Disciple! What are they like?)
[b]Motivations and Goals:[/b] (What do they intend to do with their newfound power and leadership position?)
[b]Prompt Response:[/b] (Reply to the RP prompt as your Disciple. How do they feel about Grendel’s offer? Why are they accepting? Do they have any particular ambitions for their new power?)[/align]

Faekat Adoption Agency
Crew

Muscular Member

Livarian

Blessed Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:39 pm
Owner Username:
Livarian
Tell us a bit about your RP style:
My only hard no’s are rape/incest/or overly detailed gore. I am good with just about everything else, and am always open to discussing limits on a case by case basis, as I know everyone has different comfort levels. I can sometimes take a little while to reply, but I do my best to match the quality of my partner, while giving them something to work with to keep the plot going. I love plotting and working on character relations. I really would like to get more into the lore of the faekat vamps, as well as how things tie into the clans.
Why does this particular Disciple appeal to you?:
The backstory and lore of the Mekhet clan really interests me, and I have been waiting for a chance to get into it.
Vampire’s Name:
Koroleva Teney (Translates to Queen of Shadows)
Visual Concept:
Elder Baddie lines
User Image
Vampire’s Personality:
Koroleva has spent centuries perfecting her skills as a spy and assassin. She takes great pride in her work and that of the younger clan members. Koro has ended up keeping to herself, only interacting with others when hired to find out information or take out threats to the Kindred. While outsiders find her cold and detached, she is actually very nurturing, almost like a mother hen in regards to the younger clan members.
Motivations and Goals:
Koroleva has always wanted to see the Mekhet clan rise to glory. Making it her personal mission to try to make Mekhet one of the best clans. She would strengthen the clan, focusing on bringing up numbers and then move forward with earning a name for the clan.
Prompt Response:
Koroleva had felt the change in power, deciding maybe just maybe things would finally look up for Mekhet. With the coming change she made the decision to come out of hiding and rejoin the clan. In those first few weeks she reached out to her contacts. It took her some time, and a lot of work but eventually her network was in full operation once more. As soon as things were stable Koroleva began spending her time hiding in the shadows, watching the other vampires and catching up on what had happened since she went dormant.

It was during one of these such trips that she felt the shift in power around her. Amber eyes scanned the area, her body tensing in preparation to defend herself. After a moment her eyes landed on the approaching figure. It didn’t take her long to realize who exactly it was, and before he could even speak the female had taken a knee and bowed her head to him. “You honor me with your presence, my liege.” Her eyes shone a bit brighter at the mention of her having caught his eye. Maybe this truly was a chance for Mekhet to finally rise to greatness.

She listened carefully to his request, only raising her eyes to meet his when he was finished. While the wise thing would be to think the offer over carefully, Koroleva couldn't help but smile with anticipation. Yes this was exactly the type of change she had been hoping for. “I would be honored to become your disciple, and I am grateful to you for giving Mekhet the chance to be recognized as a true clan. I hope to bring greatness to both you and my clan.” Once she was done talking, she raised to her feet, placing a hand over her heart and bowing her head to him once more. This was the chance she had been waiting for, to pass it up would be foolish, and having a position of great power would give her the backing she needed to finally make Mekhet a great clan.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:07 am
Owner Username: Darkness and Wings
Tell us a bit about your RP style: I enjoy trying anyone twice. Plotted out or go with the flow/figure it out as we go are both fun. There's no hard no's, just things I might go 'will that get me in trouble on Gaia?'. I RP a lot on Discord and don't worry about it there. I don't have a lot of experience with fighting rps, but I can hold my own in describing one. Practice at it would be great. I think we can learn every day, even at something we're great at.
I go into each rp thinking about the character's personality and the RP itself.
Why does this particular Disciple appeal to you?: I love the Clan. More so, I love the aspects of the clan and have a muse speaking to me for this one. I can totally see them in my mind.
Her background, her business, what she does and who she is...
Vampire’s Name: Cortessa
Visual Concept: Elder lines, Baddie - though I'd be totally fine with colorist chosing best lines/pose for the outfit.
User ImageUser Image
Vampire’s Personality: Cortessa, or Tes, is a mix of sass and sweet. She knows when to talk and when to listen. Tes is smart, effective, efficient, a perfectionist; not to mention a few other things. If she needs to handle something she uses tact, false sweetness, or firm tactics depending on the situation.
Motivations and Goals: She has worked her way up the ranks, though quietly. Few would know who she is on sight. While she has always been active within the clan, it's been done quietly and efficiently. She hates drama and loathes attention. Her goal has always been the thrivement of the clan. She's not cold enough to take a rank from someone else, but if a spot is open she slides right in. Cortessa never looks a gift horse in the mouth.
Prompt Response:
Sitting in the snug (hidden office) of one of her buildings, Cortessa is going over the profit statements for this particular business. Long ago she started a small business, then one turned to two, and over the years she has a number of buildings and places of service. While she slept they were run by those who simply thought their owner traveled. Since her awakening Cortessa has been quietly going to each place and assessing how they've done in her absence.

Suddenly she sits up straight and looks around, sensing Grendel about 5 minutes before he enters the main bar. Standing up as he entered the building, she presses the button to open the snug door. "You honor me with your presence." Not surprised that he knows of her, Cortessa is surprised that he came to her today. "How can I be of service to you Sir?" This is said in greeting to Grendel before he speaks. At his words the Vampire takes a step back in surprise and appreciation. Listening without interrupting him, Tes also remains silent when he finishes. She would be a fool to turn him down, however only a fool says yes to something without considering all angles. The quiet Vampire considers her talents, her desires, the clan itself. She thinks about Grendel; could she work directly for him so to speak?

After a few moments she finally speaks again. "As you certainly know this Clan is my life. I also have always remained in the shadows. How would this change? Do you see me selling my business fronts and ruling in the more public eye, or simply running the Clan from within my usual manner? I have no problem hiring on extra managers and being less active as an owner. I'm more concerned about being in the eye of all. Regardless, I am honored for your time and consideration. You have been quite busy Sir. To come here, to take this time out to see me... I appreciate it." Tes is genuinely respectful of Grendel, she also isn't foolish enough not to use extreme tact and care when speaking to him. "I'll bottom line it Sir. Yes I want to rise to leader. Yes I will serve as your Disciple. Tell me, please, how much reign I have and how much I need to consult you." She is trying to tactfully ask how under his thumb she is and how much of a micro-manager he will be. More so she wants to learn what she got herself into.

Darkness and Wings

Faekat Adoption Agency
Crew

Muscular Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:26 pm
Congratulations on your new Disciple!
After much deliberation, we felt your entry was perfect for this role and we look forward to seeing what you do with the character in the future. heart

Please take them here for certing and be sure to pick a clan-specific spec for them from the provided list. If you need assistance don't hesitate to ask staff.

Livarian
Owner Username:
Livarian
Tell us a bit about your RP style:
My only hard no’s are rape/incest/or overly detailed gore. I am good with just about everything else, and am always open to discussing limits on a case by case basis, as I know everyone has different comfort levels. I can sometimes take a little while to reply, but I do my best to match the quality of my partner, while giving them something to work with to keep the plot going. I love plotting and working on character relations. I really would like to get more into the lore of the faekat vamps, as well as how things tie into the clans.
Why does this particular Disciple appeal to you?:
The backstory and lore of the Mekhet clan really interests me, and I have been waiting for a chance to get into it.
Vampire’s Name:
Koroleva Teney (Translates to Queen of Shadows)
Visual Concept:
Elder Baddie lines
User Image
Vampire’s Personality:
Koroleva has spent centuries perfecting her skills as a spy and assassin. She takes great pride in her work and that of the younger clan members. Koro has ended up keeping to herself, only interacting with others when hired to find out information or take out threats to the Kindred. While outsiders find her cold and detached, she is actually very nurturing, almost like a mother hen in regards to the younger clan members.
Motivations and Goals:
Koroleva has always wanted to see the Mekhet clan rise to glory. Making it her personal mission to try to make Mekhet one of the best clans. She would strengthen the clan, focusing on bringing up numbers and then move forward with earning a name for the clan.
Prompt Response:
Koroleva had felt the change in power, deciding maybe just maybe things would finally look up for Mekhet. With the coming change she made the decision to come out of hiding and rejoin the clan. In those first few weeks she reached out to her contacts. It took her some time, and a lot of work but eventually her network was in full operation once more. As soon as things were stable Koroleva began spending her time hiding in the shadows, watching the other vampires and catching up on what had happened since she went dormant.

It was during one of these such trips that she felt the shift in power around her. Amber eyes scanned the area, her body tensing in preparation to defend herself. After a moment her eyes landed on the approaching figure. It didn’t take her long to realize who exactly it was, and before he could even speak the female had taken a knee and bowed her head to him. “You honor me with your presence, my liege.” Her eyes shone a bit brighter at the mention of her having caught his eye. Maybe this truly was a chance for Mekhet to finally rise to greatness.

She listened carefully to his request, only raising her eyes to meet his when he was finished. While the wise thing would be to think the offer over carefully, Koroleva couldn't help but smile with anticipation. Yes this was exactly the type of change she had been hoping for. “I would be honored to become your disciple, and I am grateful to you for giving Mekhet the chance to be recognized as a true clan. I hope to bring greatness to both you and my clan.” Once she was done talking, she raised to her feet, placing a hand over her heart and bowing her head to him once more. This was the chance she had been waiting for, to pass it up would be foolish, and having a position of great power would give her the backing she needed to finally make Mekhet a great clan.

✚ Archived Event Threads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games