Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Faekat Adoption Agency
Crew

Muscular Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:07 am
FACE OF THE GODS ANCESTOR

Eightenment is just on the horizon..

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Colored by: ktqueen

This is a roleplay contest to win the Ancestor for the Face of the Gods Dharma. These Kuei-Jin are not newly created; they are ancient, recently-awakened Kuei-Jim who are being given new power by the Kuei-jin Goddess, Scarlet Queen.

This particular Ancestor is premade: one of our colorists has designed her and you’ll get to create her personality!

Below, you’ll find the nitty gritty!

Starts: NOW
Ends: April 14th @ 11:59 PM PST

Rules:

• Only post once
• Do not deter others from entering
• Fill out the form completely
• You may edit your entry up until the end
• I reserve the right to choose no winner
• Please be aware that there will be plotting and RP in the future

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:08 am
Dharma Information:

Possibly the most extreme heresy, the Face of the Gods claim that the Kuei-Jin are exiled Gods. They set up their own cults with worshippers and extract chi from prayer.

They crave validation from other Dharmas, despite seeing them as pretenders and fools. Arrogance and whimsy mark the Godlings. Convinced of their superlative destiny, they find the notion of living as cursed beings repugnant. Followers of other Dharmas are seen as deluded mystics who miss the opportunity for true greatness, so no small amount of friction results. When a Divine Face feels generous, bounty flows from his hands; when enraged, though, his godly wrath tumbles down ally and enemy alike. For this reason, few trust or willingly associate with the followers of this Dharma. Other Kuei-jin even secretly fear that the Godlings may be right

The Prompt:

You have been slumbering for a long time but out of the ether a call reaches your sleeping mind. The Scsrlet Queen he arrived and it gathering her forces. Groggily you begin to move, your body stiff, slowly begins to loosen up. Out of the shadows a hulking black mass appears. Eyes as deep as the void, black and expressionless.

Recognizing him as Ebon Dragon you greet him. He has brought a message from your Goddess herself. Gather those who follow your Dharma, the ones with their feet firmly planted on the path to enlightenment. Strengthen your Dharma and prepare her followers for what is to come.

The Cainites’ numbers have multiplied greatly. It’s time the Kuei-jim stepped into the spotlight and took their place here in the world.

As quickly as he appeared he vanished. Leaving you to ponder his message, how does your character feel about the task of growing their Dharma set in front of them? Do you have an opinion of the Cainites? Feel free to explore any questions your character may have.

The Form:

[align=center][b]Owner Username:[/b] Name Here
[b]Tell us a bit about your RP style:[/b] (What types of plots/RP's/etc. do you prefer to play? Any hard no's? Anything you'd like to get more into?)
[b]Why does this particular Ancestor appeal to you?:[/b]
[b]Kuei-jin’s Name:[/b] (You gotta name ‘em)
[b]Kiei-jin’a Personality:[/b] (Tell us some about your Ancestor! What are they like?)
[b]Motivations and Goals:[/b] (What do they intend to do with their newfound power and leadership position?)
[b]Prompt Response:[/b] (Reply to the RP prompt as your Disciple. How do they feel about the Scarlet Queen’s offer? Why are they accepting? Do they have any particular ambitions for their new power?)[/align]

Faekat Adoption Agency
Crew

Muscular Member

Cheri

Crew

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:48 pm
Owner Username: Cheri
Tell us a bit about your RP style: I enjoy building plots with collaborators the most. My RP style can be short and sweet, but varies depending on context. I don't have hard no's, as such. I particularly love Meta, juicy plots, and intrigue. Once upon a time I wrote a lot of tragedy and I might veer that way again depending on what's needed, but I am obviously attached to my characters and concepts.
Why does this particular Ancestor appeal to you?: I absolutely love the myriad Indian cultures, and Hindu mythology in particular. I also really enjoy the concept of kuei-jin as a sort of reborn godling, even if that may (or may not) be a fiction of the Dharma in question. I'm very fascinated by this particular take. Also? I love purple, so the association with the color violet vibes with me. No surprise there.
Kuei-jin’s Name: Aradhana - meaning worship
Kiei-jin’s Personality: Within Aradhana, there are two opposing forces: that of the divine and the infernal. Like any god, she is capable of profound goodness and mercy, but just as quick to punish an errant follower. She giveth and she taketh, as it were. Her most besetting sin is that of pride, for she truly believes herself and all other Kuei-jin to be the offspring of the goddess Sita. To acknowledge herself as anything less than perfect would be to admit that there are minute cracks in the facade that she wears as closely as a second skin. Outsiders do not get to know her softer weaker aspects. She would never willingly allow the cracks to show, and yet cracks there are.

As a Face of the Gods Ancestor, she has long been a philosopher and sage, possessing considerable knowledge of ancient teachings and sharing such abundantly with her followers. Beneath the veneer of arrogance, there is a true poet and scholar there, and she certainly has had an abundance of time to hone those qualities. Fickle as wind, Aradhana can be ever so generous... and yet, in the next moment, can be as cold as the winter or burn as hot as the sun. She is changeable, but gracious, carrying herself with a dignity beyond her allowance.

Motivations and Goals: Aradhana personally considers it her duty to answer the prayers of her followers, and the position of Ancestor affords her that ability in abundance. She is also very passionate about gathering disciples and proving in this way the divinity of the Kuei-jin. Her goal is absolutely to return her people to the birthright that was stolen from them. As a Face of the Gods kuei-jin a continual goal will be to attain more worshipers, as well. Additionally, she has considerable abhorrence for the ways of their Western counterparts, seeing them as a twisted mockery of the kuei-jin.
Prompt Response: (Reply to the RP prompt as your Disciple. How do they feel about the Scarlet Queen’s offer? Why are they accepting? Do they have any particular ambitions for their new power?)

The call awakened Aradhana, and she slowly seeped back into reality from that place of slumber and quiet. As she became aware of herself once more, she felt something else, something primal. The call of the Scarlet Queen, the being that the kuei-jin had herself identified as Sita in her own heart and mind. Mother to all, and yet filled with a very righteous and justly earned wrath. Ah, and there was the shadow that followed her. The Moon's other face, Ebon Dragon. He who held dominion over the dead and heralded the mother's coming. She was awake.

As was Aradhana, as she took in the message brought from the Scarlet Queen. Of course it was time to take back the spotlight and their place in the world. That was as it should be. All as it should be. But something was not so pat. She considered what the Ebon Dragon had told her, scowling in distaste as she contemplated the course ahead. It was not the guidance that turned her stomach, but the thought of the bestial Cainite kindred who her own more perfect kin would needs face.

They were up to the task, more than up to the task, of course. How could such a powerful Dharma fail in such an ask? Ah, but it was time to move. Time to gather her own followers and theirs. "Come," she said, to no one at all, and yet at the same time to everyone within the Face of the Gods. "It is time." Time to move again, time to take back their rightful place, at long last. The goddess within her demanded an answer, demanded to be placed back in the heavenly realms. But for now... for now, she would need to be satisfied with the blood of the depraved. So be it.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:11 pm
Congrats! Your entry is the winner of this contest! Please take your new Ancestor to the appropriate certing thread and do make sure you get them added to the list!

Cheri
[

Faekat Adoption Agency
Crew

Muscular Member

✚ Archived Event Threads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items