Submit

Jackariah Beckett

Fluffy Firestarter

14,975 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 4:28 am
This roleplay is to fulfill the May 2023 rp prompt. Please do not post.

The players:
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 4:28 am
Seiun's weakened paws gripped the small log as tightly as they could. They had gone numb mere moments ago, but she had not yet given up. She wasn't sure how long it had been since her accidental fall in, but it was taking its toll and she needed to think of something before all thought escaped from her frazzled mind. Her poor toes were scraped raw from trying to grip the bottom, but the stream was too swift and she had already counted that as a loss. Even trying to use the log as a sort of rudder to guide her to shore hadn't worked. It was time to think of something new. Something that would work. If only the buzzing in her ears would quiet, she could think. Her squeezed tight eyes popped open as the sound finally made sense. A waterfall was coming. Coming up faster than any help could reach her. She shut her eyes tightly again and held her breath as she went over the edge. It wasn't a large waterfall, but she finally gave up hope and let the water do with her as it willed.

Acilino floated at the edge of the swamp he called home with his companions. They were off doing their own thing and had forgotten to give him a task for the day. The perfect opportunity to gather ingredients not often found deeper in the swamp. It also just happened that it was one of the best sunny patches to rest, the burbling of the small falls singing their lullaby as his mind drifted between rest and watching for resources floating from upstream. His own eyes popping open as an odd plop was heard above the burbling. He must have fallen asleep to the gentle sound and was woken at the loud noise. Looking around, he saw a small log with what appeared to be an odd fungus. He couldn't tell what it was on sight, but maybe his companions could use it in one of their healing potions. His tail moved effortlessly to guide him into meeting the logs path. It wasn't till he was closer that he saw the odd fungus was actually a drenched little mouse.

Acilino grabbed the log with his mouth and dragged it to the shore. It worried him further when no noise came, usually little creatures were scared stiff upon seeing his jaws, but nearly never were they scared silent. He climbed onto the stream bank and lowered the log with its hanger-on onto the moist bank. His brows furrowing more at the stillness of the creature. It hadn't even let go of the log. Gently, as gently as his big snout could manage, he leveraged the small paws away from the bark and let the mouse fall onto the bank. Gentler still he sniffed and smelled there was still life in the small creature. He pushed it to lay on its back and pushed his snout into its chest, hoping to push any water in its lungs to come out.

Seiun felt the punch to her chest, her weakened body reacting by coughing up all the liquid she had swallowed during the fall. She tried to open her eyes, but when she did, all that came was a blur of swirling colors and a fierce headache. All of her senses felt like they had been left buried under the murky water. She had to collect herself. Even with her senses dulled, her mind was not. Though the idea flowed through her that if the water had not taken her life, than she could rest and let whatever wanted her life instead.

Her small paws slapped to her eyes and tried to rub away the thoughts along with the blurry vision. If she had survived the fall, she wasn't about to make it easy for any predators. Acilino smiled down at the small mouse, glad for the ejection of water and the movement when she stirred. He did the best he could in trying to soften his voice. "You are safe now. You are no longer in the stream. But your feet need tending so its best you rest." It had worked, the voice soothed Seiun and she relaxed, though wincing at the now felt pain of her tender toes. With her eyes still closed she opened her mouth, her voice coming out as a croak. "I have balm in my pouch, if you are able to find bandage."

Acilino nodded and drifted back into the stream. The patch of swamp reed coming immediately to mind. The creature had impressed him. He didn't usually find others so prepared like his companions. Usually they only had care to survive, but not to prep. He brought the weed back and watched as the mouse sightlessly searched the tiny pouch around her and rubbed the balm on the bottom of her feet. When she reached out one of the small paws, he laid the strands of weed into it while holding his breath. It wouldn't do to alarm the small creature at this point, no matter how intelligent she seemed. When she was almost finished with her wrappings Acilino decided to speak his mind again. "I am a friend, I want you to remember that. I do not think you should travel on those toes yet. Will you permit me to carry you to my angeni companions? They can help you heal more than I can."

Seiun frowned as she rubbed her shut eyes once more, her senses finally starting to come back to her. "Carry?" This time when her eyes opened, they focused on a large toothy, though sheepish, grin. Her croaked voice came out as a squeak this time as she held her sore hands up to her mouth. "You.... you're an alligator!" Acilino's head bobbed as he tried to look as harmless as he could. "A friendly alligator." He tried to remind her. "With friends that can help. I worry if you leave now, you may be captured by someone not as friendly."

Seiun nodded slowly and climbed onto Acilino's back. "So, who are your friends?" Acilino smiled warmly "I will tell you on the way."  

Jackariah Beckett

Fluffy Firestarter

14,975 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items